• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin T

Hydro Action
Years
  • Um can anyone answer my question about if murkrow is more prefered as a physical or special sweeper?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • @PsyDragon Trainer: A lot of these questions really have nothing to do with battling >:

@Destiny100:Yes, it is. Well, there's a special Tyranitar called DDtar.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi all, say i used giga impact with my slaking, would it use the attack, slack off then recharge or would the recharge go over the slack?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all, say i used giga impact with my slaking, would it use the attack, slack off then recharge or would the recharge go over the slack?

No, you still have to recharge, which is why is fails as you get revenge killed easily by most notably Heracross.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah i was just making sure, it almost made a rechrge move viable lol

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • If put in my salamence, use dragon dance, return salamence to my party, and then put salamence back in will the effects of the dd still be there?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • If put in my salamence, use dragon dance, return salamence to my party, and then put salamence back in will the effects of the dd still be there?

No; stat-up boosts go away if you leave the field, unless you use Baton Pass.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years

They disappear. I used to think they stayed...

~desu Saba~

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • No. The point of phazing in this game is to force the opponent to switch out, thus eliminating stat-ups.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I agree with what Loquacity said. The whole point of forcing switches is to eliminate stat-ups. Thats what introduced PHazing to the Metagame.

In short: no.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pain split ftw, its the best way for low-HP walls to make the most of their low hp

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • Pain split ftw, its the best way for low-HP walls to make the most of their low hp

I agree with this ^_^ Although if the opponent predicts this, they could switch in to a Pokemon that needs healing... Still, I don't pretend to be a good battler or anything but I think Pain Spilt Tomb is more annoying and less risky than the Nasty Plot Tomb :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah in most cases Pain Split is the way to go.

Spiritomb@leftovers
    Careful nature
    252 HP / 144 att / 112 sp.def
    - Sucker Punch / Taunt
    - Pursuit / Taunt
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Pain Split

Standard pain split tomb.

I prefer the rest-talk set.

Spiritomb@leftovers
    252 HP / 100 DEF / 156 SP.DEF
    Calm nature
    - Hidden power Fighting
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

This is incredible annoying to get rid of and is great as a Spin Blocker and pressure stall. Fighting and Ghost hit everything in the game for at least neutral.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
  • Hey what's a better moveset for defensive drapion

Knock Off
    Night Slash
    Brick Break
    Toxic Spikes

or

Knock Off
    Cross Poison
    Whirlwind