• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I know what they're all useful for (I've done quite a bit of research as I <3 Snorlax), but anybody have an opinion? I have one, anyone else?

about Heatran though, Snorlax can stall it out of PP if it's lol enough to stay in :P

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I know what they're all useful for (I've done quite a bit of research as I <3 Snorlax), but anybody have an opinion? I have one, anyone else?

about Heatran though, Snorlax can stall it out of PP if it's lol enough to stay in :P

Not if it taunts or Blows up on you.

Well its really up to you and what what you actually want to hit, as in do you already have a reliable counter to ?

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Hey sorry to ask such a typical question, but If you have a 252 ev in anything you can totally get rid of it with ev reducing berries right?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    When you receive a nicknamed pokemon from another person that's at its first stage, then you level it up and evolve it yourself, does the name usually go back?

Example:
    Bronzor Level 1
    Nickname: Zoolander

Evolves Level 33
    Bronzong Level 34 (I was in the Elite Four)
    Nickname: N/A (meaning it changed back to Bronzong)

Ooka has told me this means it's cheated/hacked/messed with/ect. Is this true or does this happen sometimes? I put that he was at level 34 after the battle just in case it has any relevance to the problem.

~desu Saba~

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    UNLESS the Pokemon evolves during a trade and has a Japanese name. For example, a Japanese Kadabra obtained through a trade will become an Alakazam named ALAKAZAM.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    That is not what happened if you have read my post...(I already knew what you just said, but maybe it'll help someone else.)

~desu Saba~

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi all, if i raise my scyther to max out its speed EVs, then evolve it to scizor, will its speed be lowered?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    espeon has the same base speed as gengar
    if both pokemon has maxed out speed Ev's (31 Iv's in speed) who would be faster?

It comes down to a 50/50 chance whoever will go first.This is called a speed tie.

This is why it is discouraged when ev training a pokemon, that you dont ev it to get a speed tie.

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    When you receive a nicknamed pokemon from another person that's at its first stage, then you level it up and evolve it yourself, does the name usually go back?

Example:
    Bronzor Level 1
    Nickname: Zoolander

Evolves Level 33
    Bronzong Level 34 (I was in the Elite Four)
    Nickname: N/A (meaning it changed back to Bronzong)

Ooka has told me this means it's cheated/hacked/messed with/ect. Is this true or does this happen sometimes? I put that he was at level 34 after the battle just in case it has any relevance to the problem.

~desu Saba~

Yes it does :/ I asked Tortured to nickname an Eevee I was gonna get from him and when I evo'd it, the nickname was gone >_<;

Harpuia

Dunlop? who's that?
    Years
    can anyone give me good move set for my electivire?

heres what I have now, its supposed to be a skarmbliss killer but I don't know what to remove for cross chop...

1.thunder punch
    2.ice punch
    3.thunder bolt
    4.earthquake

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    can anyone give me good move set for my electivire?

heres what I have now, its supposed to be a skarmbliss killer but I don't know what to remove for cross chop...

1.thunder punch
    2.ice punch
    3.thunder bolt
    4.earthquake

Electivire@Life Orb
    Lonely Nature
    252 ATT / 176 SPEED / 80 SP.ATT
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Cross Chop

2 Electric moves = redundant. This set is not too good IMO its walled too easily.

This is much better

Electivire@Life Orb
    252 SP.ATT / 76 ATT / 180 SPEED
    Mild Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden power Ice
    - Cross Chop

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    alright thanks I like the second one but I'm not sure if I want the hp.......

You want the Hidden power, trust me, ulike Ice Punch it will OHKO mence after an intimidate and you dont get loled at by Hippowdon and Donphan etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back