• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I'd say set 2; It Phazes out big threats, and Gyarados might think Thunder Fang, so with SR support, you could make something switch out, just to be Whirlwinded back in or damage something else.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    skarmory

so ive been reading on smogon about ev's for skarmory and im wondering why they said you should do a spread like this

252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Spe

wouldn't it be better to max out defense and hp?

why only 156 def? is there a defense cap?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    so ive been reading on smogon about ev's for skarmory and im wondering why they said you should do a spread like this

252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Spe

wouldn't it be better to max out defense and hp?

why only 156 def? is there a defense cap?

No, it's because Smogon has some pretty crappy EV spreads, and Skarmory is one of the worst.

With that amount of defenses, half of the common physical sweepers own it O_O Needs more defense, Atk is far less important.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    I bred my Skarmory with perfect attack IV's
    and he has brave bird. how much EV should i put into atk you think? if I sacrifice from HP EV.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    No, it's because Smogon has some pretty crappy EV spreads, and Skarmory is one of the worst.

With that amount of defenses, half of the common physical sweepers own it O_O Needs more defense, Atk is far less important.

I'm a bit shocked considering that smogon is pretty well renowned for being one of the best of the best. I would have assumed that in spreads too. Guess you judge a book by it's cover.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    What's a good EV spread for my Skarmory then?

I am confused with one person saying don't use the smogon ev's

and another defending them :)

my skarmory i bred is impish with these IV's

25 hp, 30 defense, 31 attack, 20 spdef, 12 speed

how does 252 hp, 252 def, 4 atk look for EVS?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Simple question, if you're fighting something and you switch your Pokemon and let another KO the opponent, who gets the EVs? Does 1? or do both/all get a fraction of the amount or both the maximum?

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Simple question, if you're fighting something and you switch your Pokemon and let another KO the opponent, who gets the EVs? Does 1? or do both/all get a fraction of the amount or both the maximum?

Both get the same amount, so it's much more easier to use EXP share when EV training.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi, can someone tell me why wobuffet is so highly rated?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Hi, can someone tell me why wobuffet is so highly rated?

Because it traps things and can get free kills.

I'm honestly getting to the point where I'm just running away from battles with Wobbuffet. It's just a zero-skill way to kill things, like FEAR.

Wobby can't take boosted hits to save its life though. It isn't really a splendid wall in all honesty.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Because it traps things and can get free kills.

I'm honestly getting to the point where I'm just running away from battles with Wobbuffet. It's just a zero-skill way to kill things, like FEAR.

Wobby can't take boosted hits to save its life though. It isn't really a splendid wall in all honesty.

And if you try and stat up on it, it Encores it and passes to a counter =[

It annoys me , everyone is spamming it on shoddy now =/

Its beastly with Wish support though.

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Hmmm, I've been sitting on this, but I want to know what people think.

Floatzel@Leftovers
    Jolly
    252 Def, 216 Spd, 40 HP
    Swift Swim

Bulk Up
    Baton Pass
    Taunt
    Waterfall

This has really high base speed, and as such should be able to get in at least 1 Bulk Up. Waterfall is mainly filler, but can do some damage, and 20% flinch isn't exactly bad...

Taunt lols at Phazers and Hazers, as I've had experience with Skarm.

This is going to pass to either Metagross or Tyraniboah, with some extra Sp. Def EV's on T-Tar, so it can wall itself up behind a sub.

Would this work on an OU team?

Regards,

~T_S

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back