• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gold GBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    i havent done dark cave oh and i only release it this way because of all the posts like please release the beta just annoyed me so if your unhappy with it then sorry okay i will improve alot on the next release :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Your game rocks, As_stars_go_out!!!

I hope you will finish the game soon.

But i've got to tell you... and about that other game you are doing? The Pokémon orange? Can you please tell us something about it???

Thanks in advance.

See ya!

Years
  • I noticed a few glitches in the beta.
    1. Story line is still the one used in FireRed and Leaf Green
    2. The professor is still Oak.
    3. When Oak gets you, you walk through the forest in New Bark Town.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • If you noticed, the beta was released early because of dozens of n00bs asking "Are you gonna release it yet? Are ya? Are ya?" Very annoying. So he released it to shut them up, without finishing the maps. And, if you'd read the rest of the thread, you'd know that the original plan was to release a maps-only beta.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • I read the entire thread... very annoying how people always asked about the plotline. All your posts are about maps and only maps. You probably got really sick of all that crap being posted. But absolutely awesome! My mouth was wide open! GREAT

How do I play your beta? Because I have no idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Omnicron

Game Critic
    Years
  • As_Stars_Go_Out, you should start taking applications for texters, spriters and mappers, etc. You could definatley get this finished in half the time with more people working on it. But its just a suggestion. Good luck with this, it looks brilliant! I was always a big fan of Gold and Silver, so this will be a breath of fresh air for me.

me_co

Watch Out! Dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2018
    i got a prob mine just shows the starting couple of frams and then restarts what version Vboy do you use

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I found something funny. I know you are only working on maps not the events but just incase you wanted to know when you go through a house in new bark town it takes you to CherryGrove. Just lettin ya know if you need to know but your skills for mapping a amazing.

By the way are you gonna make it so you can Umbreon and Espeon with out having to trade with ruby or emerald?

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • That would take some serious work in the scripting. First, he'd need to spend weeks devising a script that will put in an internal clock, then he'd have to add day and night, then a whole bunch more scripting to allow a time-based evolution. (@)___(@) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier said than done.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    You should add Celebi and Jirachi, so all of them can be obtainable by trades. By the way, awesome work, dude!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Ohwell I was just asking though. On the other hand don't giv As Stars Go Out some time. Its a long way from finished he may have finished alot of maps but theres still a lot of scripting ot be done. By the way Im not trying to be mean in anyway if thats what it sounds like.

But anyway I love the game so far. Plus its way better cause its harder to lvl up. In the ther game Icould beat it in like 30 mins >.< I also loved that game. So I am excited for this one. Good job and keep it up!

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Yeah, G/S/C were the best... the thought of remavping them.... wow.
    Keep it up, and everyone else, make sure this thread doesn't die!

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
    Years
  • This..is..AWESOME!

As_Stars_go_Out, this is simply put the most awesome hack I have ever seen! To have gotten this much accomplished in such a short time is amazing. You truly are an amazing hacker.

BTW, if there is ANY way I can help, I would be honored to be of assistance!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I wasen't going to post for a while because I thought that this hack would be like every other gold and silver remake out there. But you really have done something different. I only have one concern. It seems that most people give up the hack because of scripting and you have not done this yet. I really really really hope that you do not get discouraged and quit this game because I have seen soooooooo many go down the drain. This looks really great and I wish you the best of luck!!!

amnesiahacker

Pokémon Saffron?
    Years
  • Great hack, But i do advise you the only thing that killed my gold remake was Scripting (and my hard drive crashing but thats different) so make sure you can script the original movements etc.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • Download LunarIPS (Google) and use it to put the IPS on a clean Pokémon FireRed Version ROM (also Google). Then play it with an emulator (I use VisualBoy Advance).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back