• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Rising Sun

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    evaluation

1. where's the running shoes?
    2. after you press 1 and set bycicle on, when you go in
    a house the speed doesn't go down. You're still fast.

Years
  • Daegon_Kimeron said:
    evaluation

1. where's the running shoes?
    2. after you press 1 and set bycicle on, when you go in
    a house the speed doesn't go down. You're still fast.

1. Didnt put them in the demo. (Just open the game in RPG Maker add an event that gives you the item Running Shoes, and make it switch on the Running Shoes switch, if you want to test them that is.)
    2. I forgot to fix that when I made the demo, I will do it now, thanks for reminding me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Hmm it doesn't lag for me in fullscreen, I did try it in window mode, and it lagged a bit, but if you play in fullscreen it shouldn't lag.

EDIT: Here's the intro sprite for my hero, it took me awhile to make.
    newhero2.png

Top-notch sprite, I wouldn't expect any less from you. Is a female hero sprite in the works?

Years
  • PKMN_Sage said:
    Top-notch sprite, I wouldn't expect any less from you. Is a female hero sprite in the works?

I dont plan to make female sprite right now, I might make one later, in a later demo.

And that male sprite took forever to make, I had to ditch several parts and start over more than once.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Double post, but nobody has posted, so i'm gonna do it.

I'm not that good at female sprites, but I tried making an intro sprite for the heroine, what you think?
    newheroine.png

I'll be making the charset for her later.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Really cool. It's different from all the other girl trainer sprites because this one looks more like a tomboy. It's a nice change, I would expect a tomboy to be more into battling than a fashion chick.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Both are so incredible, I was speechless (I hadn't posted in other words).

Even though you used parts of the other sprites, then custom parts are still very good.

Also, about those char sets. I'm not pressuring you, I just wanted to say take all the time in the world because I'm in no hurry for them. It's not like my game 'needs' them for a year or so because that's about how long it would take to complete it...

Anyway, I just wanted to add that. Not meaning to go off-topic. Good luck to your game. Can't wait to see the progress in the following demo.

Years
  • Barry said:
    Both are so incredible, I was speechless (I hadn't posted in other words).

Even though you used parts of the other sprites, then custom parts are still very good.

Also, about those char sets. I'm not pressuring you, I just wanted to say take all the time in the world because I'm in no hurry for them. It's not like my game 'needs' them for a year or so because that's about how long it would take to complete it...

Anyway, I just wanted to add that. Not meaning to go off-topic. Good luck to your game. Can't wait to see the progress in the following demo.

I'm working on them, but I have a few other things I need to make too.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The girl sprite is good, but I think that her skirt looks a bit too polygonish
    and flat.

Years
  • Daegon_Kimeron said:
    The girl sprite is good, but I think that her skirt looks a bit too polygonish
    and flat.

Well i'm not really good at drawing skirts, but i'll see if I can make it look better.

Years
  • I think the girl sprite looks alright. Her skirt isn't shaped like a 3d cube, it's one of those foldover skirts and the dark part is just a shadow, I actually think he's done quite well. I can't download your demo avatar because I am using dial-up and the last few times I tried, I was disconnected because someone used the phone. But I would love to play your game. I will download it when I have a chance.
    Keep up the good work :)

Years
  • Krazy_Meerkat said:
    I think the girl sprite looks alright. Her skirt isn't shaped like a 3d cube, it's one of those foldover skirts and the dark part is just a shadow, I actually think he's done quite well. I can't download your demo avatar because I am using dial-up and the last few times I tried, I was disconnected because someone used the phone. But I would love to play your game. I will download it when I have a chance.
    Keep up the good work :)

Oh ok, if you want though I can seperate it into smaller parts so you can download it :)

Years
  • Krazy_Meerkat said:
    I will just wait till later and leave it going, don't worry :)

Oh ok, i'll be sure to split it into smaller parts next time then :)

EDIT: I finished the charset for the new heroine
    newheroine2.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    nice job the girl looks ok its just that hat every time i see it i see the guy from frlg :P , that's just my vision prob though, the sprite for her looks awesome though :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Sometimes, I get the same feeling too. But if Avatar wants to, he could change the design of the hat to make it more original. I think it would be a good idea.

Years
  • Krazy_Meerkat said:
    Why does every hero/heroine have to wear a hat?
    I don't get it...

My hero doesn't wear a hat, and I couldn't make the heroine look good without the hat.. it looked really weird, however if I do manage to make it look normal without the hat on i'll remove the one with the hat.

Back