• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Rising Sun

Years
  • capalex65 said:
    then we can see the pics YAY (:D)

Try it now, I fixed the urls, and I know why it wouldn't work the first time I did it, it was because I uploaded my pictures to the wrong folder, seems it wasn't deleted when I moved my site to the subdomain.

Years
  • Well i'm releasing the first demo today, right now, it goes all the way up to the second town, Kraeon, but there's no trainers or anything yet, i'm going to put in the Pokemon Battle system in the next demo.

The game is around 17 mb with the music, so I seperated them, you can download the game and then the music pack if you want.

So go download it at my game's page:
    http://www.mark.olcen.dk/avatar/rising_sun.html

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Dec 31, 2005
    Sounds good, I am downloading it now...
    I will edit this post later so that I can review it.

EDIT: Here is my Review of Pokemon Rising Sun
    Title: Very good title screen with good backround music.
    Intro: Amazing Intro, one of the best I have seen so far.
    Mapwork: The mapwork was good, and the cave was quite complex.
    Storyline: None, but it was just a demo.

It was a very good demo, it could have been better if there was an objective to undertake, instead of wandering around. Anyway I hope you can keep up the excelent work that you have done so far, and I am looking forward to seeing more progress on the game in the future.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lt. Surge said:
    It was a very good demo, it could have been better if there was an objective to undertake, instead of wandering around. Anyway I hope you can keep up the excelent work that you have done so far, and I am looking forward to seeing more progress on the game in the future.

Well the demo was kinda just to show what's to come.. think of it as a small appetizer ;)

Dizzy said:
    Wonderful Project you have here Avatar ^_^, Creativity 100% I love how you detailed everything

Thanks.
    Your game isn't bad either :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I realize i'm double posting, but nobody has posted in my thread, and I needed to post a screenshot of the new male hero, that i've been working on for awhile, I will add all poses for it aswell as making a trainer sprite, and finishing Barry's request while im at it.

Anyways, heres the screenshot:
    newhero.png

Comments anyone?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    It looks really good. I would suggest making him look more like a main character in your game instead of another average trainer on the side of a route. But the sprite looks great and I would use it in my game as a trainer that you could battle.

Years
  • PKMN_Sage said:
    It looks really good. I would suggest making him look more like a main character in your game instead of another average trainer on the side of a route. But the sprite looks great and I would use it in my game as a trainer that you could battle.

Well the point was to make him look average, I dont really want my hero to look unique, I want him to blend in with the other trainers :)

However if you have any suggestions on what to change ill see what I can do about it.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well it seems that my computer lags too much when playing your game.
    I'm going to do something about it. Anyway, I liked your maps!

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • I don't think it was your computer... was it when you were walking outside? If it was, the same thing happened to me and I don't think its computer lag.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • It only happened to me when I played it in a window but as soon as i made it full screen it went back to normal speed! Odd!

Years
  • Hmm it doesn't lag for me in fullscreen, I did try it in window mode, and it lagged a bit, but if you play in fullscreen it shouldn't lag.

EDIT: Here's the intro sprite for my hero, it took me awhile to make.
    newhero2.png

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    That looks great. Kinda reminds me of the movie 'guy from the past'

Back