• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Can I still sign up?

Username (Nickname?): Haku
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Giratina & Hydreigon!
    Reason for joining club: I love dragons so much and many of the dragon type pokemon. My stuffed Axew can be our mascot lol
    Answer to any one of the current topics: My favourite dragon user is Claire!

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I couldn't see the name change form as you said, but I'm letting you know through this post.
    Old username: Unapologetic Sunflower (Nick)
    New username: Sun (Nick)
    Partner Pokémon: Deino

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week (Part 1)
    s6932mT.png

Zygarde, The Order Pokémon, When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.

Possible Questions:

What are your thoughts on the Zygarde forms? (Zygarde Core, Zygarde 10%, Zygarde 50%, Zygarde Perfect.)

How do you think Zygarde will change its forms?

What do you think each forms Total Base Stat will be? Will Zygarde Perfect have 780 like Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo?

What role does Zygarde have? Do you think each form will have a separate role?

What are your thoughts on Zygarde cell and it not being a form of Zygarde?

Thanks to Sun for some of the questions. Part 2 Coming Either Saturday or Sunday.​

Spoiler:

Reactions: Sun

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Username (Nickname?): KetsuekiR (Ketsu)
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: In order Garchomp, Altaria, M-Charizard X and to some but not great extent, Haxorus.
    Reason for joining club: Dragon type Pokemon have always been classed as some of the most powerful Pokemon ever! Heck, all but two pseudo-legendaries are Dragon type! I've always admired dragons, even outside of Pokemon and so I naturally love the dragon type!
    Answer to any one of the current topics: Your first Dragon Pokemon was …. and why? My first Dragon type was Altaria in my Ruby game. Ruby was the second Pokemon game I ever played and until Gen 3, the only dragon type available without trading was Dragonite and I didn't know that since back then, I was just realising that Pokemon isn't equal to Pikachu (>~<) so I skipped out. I ended up using an Altaria over Salamence because I found it to be cooler looking (oddly enough) with a sense of grace over brutality!

Thanks for reading, have an awesome day!

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Zygarde Formes

What are your thoughts on the Zygarde forms? (Zygarde Core, Zygarde 10%, Zygarde 50%, Zygarde Perfect.) I honestly wasn't expecting Gamefreak to take the formes route with Zygarde. I seriously thought it was going to get a mega evolution, so I'm not really sure what I think.... I haven't read much into it either yet....

How do you think Zygarde will change its forms? I honestly have no idea how it will change its formes. As said before, I haven't read much into it, and haven't been keeping up with Serebii lately, so idk

What do you think each forms Total Base Stat will be? Will Zygarde Perfect have 780 like Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo? I think the stats will increase gradually over time through the formes until it has 800 base stat total for Perfect Zygarde, the new highest base stat in all of Pokemon

What role does Zygarde have? Do you think each form will have a separate role? Zygarde's role is to keep the ecosystem in check in Pokemon.... That being said, with the events Lysandre of Team Flare caused, I still believe that it will make an appearance with its formes in Pokemon Z, a new Pokemon main game... I don't think nor like the idea of the 6th generation being over just yet....

What are your thoughts on Zygarde cell and it not being a form of Zygarde? I honestly didn't know it wasn't a forme. I thought they all were... So I'm not sure....

Years
  • What are your thoughts on the Zygarde forms? (Zygarde Core, Zygarde 10%, Zygarde 50%, Zygarde Perfect.)
    I think the new Zygarde forms make Zygarde stand out from all the other legendaries. They seem to have gone and attempted to portray Zygarde as a "cluster" of smaller Pokemon that are controlled by a Core, giving a chance for some interesting lore. Zygarde perfect is the one that caught my attention the most; I imagine that it would have some gargantuan stats and ridiculous height and weight entries in the Pokedex.

Maybe through a fusion device like the DNA Splicer for the Tao Trio, but elevated to another level. The perfect form has patches of red on one wing/arm/whatever and blue on the other, which might imply a connection of some sort to Xerneas and Yveltal.

What do you think each forms Total Base Stat will be? Will Zygarde Perfect have 780 like Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo?
    Core: 300-400
    10%: around 500
    50%: isn't this the "regular" Zygarde? 600
    Perfect: 780. With a design that radical, I wouldn't be surprised if it does get the 780 BST

As the Order Pokemon, Zygarde's duty is to keep things in balance. It's Pokedex entry states that it unleashes its full power when an ecosystem is disrupted (come to think of it, could this be how it changes forms?). I think Core Zygarde and Cell Zygarde will be responsible for forming the physical structure of the Pokemon itself.

Not really surprised, since it is known as the "cell". In real life, cells combine together to form an organism, and are not meant to be alternate forms by themselves. Zygarde cell might have a role that is similar to that, with the core acting as the "brain."

Years
  • What are your thoughts on the Zygarde forms? (Zygarde Core, Zygarde 10%, Zygarde 50%, Zygarde Perfect.)
    I like them seperately, but they're all really different that it's hard to believe they're the same pokemon? My fave is still Zygarde 50 but Zygarde 10 looks cool too!

I have this theory that Zygarde 50 becomes perfect when it absorbs Xerneas and Yvetal :>

Maybe a rayquaza like role? Like it'll come in to stop the other two from making a mess?

I don't know how to answer the others sorry ^^

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years

Very...odd, but may when we see them in action they'll be cool.

Probably some sort of gathering of cells I assume, not sure how to describe what I'm envisioning haha.

I think it will, it looks pretty terrifying and I think it would fit to have very high stats.

Each one seems to be using only enough cells to defeat its opponents, so I think they will be separate.

It's just one cell, so it does need to combine with others to become something.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week (Part 2)
    s6932mT.png

Zygarde, The Order Pokémon, When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.

Possible Questions:

Do you think there is a connection between Zygarde and Team Flare? Why or Why not?

What would be the connection between Zygarde and Xerneas and Yveltal? Do they all keep balance in there own way? Do you think Zygarde keeps the other two under control?

Do you think Rayquaza and Zygarde are related in someway? Why?

Do you think the Anistar Sundial, Mega Evolutions and Zygarde are related? Why?

Next POTW may be late due to school being so busy sorry!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What would be the connection between Zygarde and Xerneas and Yveltal? Do they all keep balance in there own way? Do you think Zygarde keeps the other two under control?
    I keep wondering what exactly the connection is but I can't think of anything =/ They obviously are connected, I just don't know how.

Not really. They just are both Dragon type and are sort of the order bringer of their trio is all it is really.

Probably. iirc you upgrade your Mega Ring to be able to find the other mega stones in Kalos by touching the Anistar Sundial, and then those stones only appear between 8PM and 9PM, and a sundial is an ancient method of time-telling. Then there's the fact that Xerneas and Yveltal's energy is used to power the ultimate weapon, with that energy being the origin of some of the mega stones, and Zygarde being a part of that trio. And with those things and Mega Evolution being a major part of Gen 6, I fidn it hard to believe that there isn't some sort of connection between the 3.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Do you think there is a connection between Zygarde and Team Flare? Why or Why not?

Considering Lysandre wants to create a "beautiful world," I think there will be a connection revealed in Pokémon Z.

Based on the red and blue pattern on the sides of the Complete Forme, I'm going to guess that Zygarde is the head of the trio, but it's unclear exactly what that means.

I'm not sure I see it, but someone might be able to point something out I don't see.

Same as above for this too.

Years
  • Username: EternalSeekerX
    Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Seeker
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: A toss up between Rayquaza and Dragonite
    Reason for joining club: Love pokemon and lore, love dragons and their powers, loved dragonite from gen 2 and fell in love with rayquaza in emerald, Also interested in what my fellow dragon lovers are saying and if they love modding.

Answer to any one of the current topics found on the first post:
    1. What made you love Dragon pokemon?
    Their legacy in many lore, a symbol for mystery and unknown power and destruction.
    2. Your first Dragon pokemon....? My first dragon pokemon was Dratini which evolved into my dragonite of destruction, I only started using dragons ever since I played modded roms back when I played gen 1 and 2 on the original gbc I could never catch/train one.
    3. Your favorite Dragon type user? Does Cynthia count? Currently my favourite but Lance in HGSS is also equal in my favoritism.
    4. Your favorite Dragon type move? Draco Meteor because space and dragons (i love both, yes I also love my sheer cold but that's not dragon so yeah)
    5. Which generation had best Dragon type pokemon? I haven't played gen 6 but I would have to say gen 3/4 since that was the gen where my favourites were in my team.
    6. Would you like Dragon type starters? If only the dratini that the dragon den gives in HGSS was my starter normally, I would use it, so to answer the question yes, and I would choose Dratini

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

Rather intriguing. It's the first time where it seems less like a form change and more like an evolutionary line to be honest...

From the design of the Perfect form, I'd say it'd merge with Xerneas and Yvetal but I sort of don't want that to happen because then it's be barely different from Kyurem Black/White :s

I would think so. The way they're hyping the Zygarde, I'd be disappointed if it didn't have 780 BST >~<

I think I agree with Zanark on this one in saying that it would have a role similar to Rayquaza since Xerneas and Yvetal are polar opposites and that's bound to inflict conflict.

I agree with Wiicked on this one. It's only a cell and it would need to combine with other cells to form Zygarde. That being said, it raises an interesting question. Will there be tons of Zygarde Cells? :o

Do you think there is a connection between Zygarde and Team Flare? Why or Why not?

Definitely! Zygarde would represent balance and maybe Lysandre would realise that a beautiful world is born out of balance and therefore he might target Zygarde. That is, assuming Lysandre returs ;D

Like a previous answer states, I think Zygarde would merge with the other two to form Perfect Zygarde and therefore I'd say it does act as an internal trio master.

I can't think of any way the two would be connected other than having similar roles. They're in two vastly different regions and legendaries have never left their respective regions in the games...yet!

I would think so! Since Mega Evolutions were said to be borne out of the energy of the Xerneas and Yvetal (or maybe I forgot >~<) I'd expect Zygarde to have a foot in there somewhere! It'd be cool though :D

Years
  • What would be the connection between Zygarde and Xerneas and Yveltal? Do they all keep balance in there own way? Do you think Zygarde keeps the other two under control?
    I think it's the latter. I can see Yvetal for sure messing up the ecosystem, and fighting with Xerneas could cause a great imbalance too. Plus it's 100% forme is stronger than them both so~

They're both snakey dragon legendaries They could be in their duties I think! And they're abilities seem to mirror each other in that Rayquaza's negates the weather effects that Groudon/Kyogre make and Zygarde's cancel's out the auras.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What are your thoughts on the Zygarde forms? (Zygarde Core, Zygarde 10%, Zygarde 50%, Zygarde Perfect.)
    I like them all! I'm particularly fond of the Perfect form and I'm curious on the Canis Form.

I think it will involved a new mechanic that is something is similar to item collecting.

I believe Zygarde Cell will have no stat. While Zygarde Core's stats might be close or similar to those basic stages of starters or even baby stages like Togepi. The Perfect form might be at least 780 or even as high as 1000 BST, hence the form name.

It has been stated explicitly that Zygarde's a guardian of the Kalos region. I would be surprised if Team Flare uses/wants it for malicious reasons.

It is a form. Lmao

There is, probably something similar to Platinum's Giratina.

No doubt that Zygarde's the boss of Mortality Trio.

In a sense yes, they prevent imbalances of their respected related region. Additionally, they are both green (in different hues) and they are both Dragon-types!

Yes, at least the three of them are, according to the official anime series. While Mega Stones and Anistar Sundial are strongly hinted to be connected.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week
    2011_project_vibrava_by_silverishness-d3aebo9.jpg

Vibrava, The Vibration Pokemon, Although its wings are not fully developed, Vibrava can generate ultrasonic waves by vigorously making its two wings vibrate. This Pokémon's ultrasonic waves are so powerful, they can bring on headaches in people.

Possible Questions:
    Have you ever used a Vibrava In-Game? If no why?

Whats your overall opinion of Vibrava? Is it a fitting dragon type?

What do you think of Vibrava's design?

What are some of your thoughts on how Vibrava evolves from Trapinch?

Do you see Vibrava as part ground type? Do you see vibrava having a different type combination than it does?

Other thoughts?

Sorry about how long it took but its here now! Dates may have to shift though till i can get a grip on school work but anyways lets chat Vibrava! I definitely had to bring him up cause he is one of my all time favorites and an all time mystery on how he evolves from trapinch. Also everyone forgets the middle pokemon! Lets discuss!

Years
  • Have you ever used a Vibrava In-Game? If no why?
    Yup. I've used its line in Emerald numerous times, and once in SoulSilver.

I'm sticking to my statement about Dragonair, which is that dragons come in all shapes and sizes. However, I think it would have been more fitting to be part Bug instead of part Ground. It's current typing isn't bad, but I just don't see anything about Vibrava that makes it a Ground-type other than the fact that it lives in the desert.

I like the way the green color of its wings, eyes and scales pop out from the body; very different from how other Dragons look, usually involving a single color for the body with an "underbelly" color.

Now that I think of it, it honestly is unusual how a Pokemon resembling an ant would evolve into something like a dragonfly. A quick glance at Vibrava would give the impression that it evolves from something like a nymph as opposed to a different insect.

Do you see Vibrava as part ground type? Do you see vibrava having a different type combination than it does?
    Like I said in question 2, Vibrava does not look like a Ground type to me. It looks more like a Bug/Dragon Pokemon based on its design.

Other thoughts?
    Nintendo still owes us a Mega for its final form

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have used it through getting myself Flygon. They are now a bunch of healthy Flygon.

Whats your overall opinion of Vibrava? Is it a fitting Dragon-type?
    It actually fits the role.

It's somewhere on cute to decent! At first I thought it was a mosquito, a huge one.

It's normal if you know about the specie's origin.

Do you see Vibrava as part ground type? Do you see Vibrava having a different type combination than it does?
    I believe it should be a Bug/Dragon instead? I could see the reason for Trapinch's typing. However, I believe it's better if Vibrava and Flygon are Bug/Dragon!

Other thoughts?
    Trapinch has Sheer Force as its Hidden Ability. Sadly it 'disappears' when it evolves into Vibrava and Flygon. The Trapinch line has a great potential, sadly Game Freak is hindering it too much for no official reasons. My guess is they don't want it to surpass the pseudo-legends? Additionally Mega Flygon should be available already! It's reassuring to hear that its creation is part of the plan, just hopefully they aren't making it offensive nor defensively weaker than it is. they Speed stat should be higher too!

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Have you ever used a Vibrava In-Game? If no why?

Only en route to getting a Flygon.

It definitely has dragon elements to it, so I would say yes.

I like it, it's very unique and it looks really cool.

It's based on an antlion which is a type of bug that grows as an adult into a Vibrava-like bug, so it works well based on that.

It needs to be a Bug/Dragon-type, see above. It becomes a full on bug and Vibrava and Flygon don't really possess that many traits of Ground-types.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I have a few Flygons that were once Vibravas, so yes.

I like Vibrava's design overall. Dragonflies are one of my favorite insects. And if any bug were to get a dragon typing, it would be a dragonfly. It's too bad that Vibrava isn't Bug type. What better design could they ever make to be a dragon/bug dual type than Vibrava/Flygon? I really want to see a dragon dual type for every type. Counting megas, there's only three types left. One of them could have easily been done, but with vibrava/flygon being ground/dragon, it's likelihood is diminishing. Mega Flygon? Maybe?

Vibrava's quick beating, diamond shaped wings are my favorite part of it's design. It really stands out on this pokemon.

I always figured that Trapinch was some kind of nymph-stage of a dragonfly; except for some reason it lived in the ground instead of water? I didn't question it too much. It wasn't until an ant lion trap was mentioned several times in Pokemon Adventures that I decided to finally look up what an ant lion trap was. When i read about the ant lion, it immediately reminded me of Trapinch, then I saw it's adult form, and was like, "oh... now I get it."

I think bug would have matched better, but I can't say I didn't mind having a ground-type that couldn't be hit by ground-type attacks. Like some kind of master of ground-type.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back