• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
~Your sign up form~

Username: VillageofDragons
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Dragon Master
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Hydreigon
Reason for joining club: I really love Dragon type Pokemon! Whether it be the fact that many of them are legendaries and pseudo-legendaries, or how Dragalge's Poison type can counter Fairy sweepers, they're just so unique and powerful!
Answer to any one of the current topics: See below

4. Your favorite Dragon type move? It's got to be Draco Meteor for me. It's such a powerful Dragon type move that it decreases in power every time you use it. It's also ingenius in how you can rain tons of meteors down on the opponent and still call it a Dragon move. I also really like how it's usually a Move-Tutor exclusive move, which makes it fun to teach to one of your Dragon type Pokemon you've bonded well with.

Welcome! There are a lot of Legendary and Psuedo-Legendary Dragon-types out there. Some might say too many, but I personally like most of them. Draco Meteor is a great move, even if you do need to sacrifice your Special Attack a bit to use it.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Welcome! There are a lot of Legendary and Psuedo-Legendary Dragon-types out there. Some might say too many, but I personally like most of them. Draco Meteor is a great move, even if you do need to sacrifice your Special Attack a bit to use it.

Thanks! I look forward to participating in this wonderful group dedicated to Dragon type Pokemon. :D

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
Hello fellow dragon enthusiasts! I'd love to join this club, so here's my application.

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Latias. I couldn't help but fall in love with her in Pokemon Heroes. So cute. Latios was also great. Such a sad ending though. ;-;
Reason for joining club: Dragons. 'Nuff said.

1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon? I love dragons in general. To me, they exhibit a perfect blend of power and grace.
2. Your first Dragon Pokemon was …. and why? Um... Altaria? Maybe? I lost many of my original pokemon a long time ago when my Emerald game was stolen.
3. Your favorite Dragon type user? Lance. He's the champion in the games, an undercover agent in the anime, and can hear the thoughts of and heal his pokemon in the manga. He's pretty awesome.
4. Your favorite Dragon type move? Although I usually use Dragon Pulse, I'd have to say that Dragon Tail is my favorite move. I like how it forces the pokemon to switch out or end the battle. I really need to teach more of my pokemon this move.
5. Which generation had the best Dragon type Pokemon? Hoenn, because of all it's amazing dragon legendaries and Flygon, but Kalos is a close second with Noivern, Goodra, and Charizard X.
6. Woud you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with? Yes... and no. It would be awesome to start off with a dragon pokemon, however, I feel like the dragon-type should be avoided when designing starters. One of the unique things about the dragon-type that I love is that they are resistant against the starter types. They are the ultimate test against the pokemon you start your journey with.

Wicked3DS

Years
Hello fellow dragon enthusiasts! I'd love to join this club, so here's my application.

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Latias. I couldn't help but fall in love with her in Pokemon Heroes. So cute. Latios was also great. Such a sad ending though. ;-;
Reason for joining club: Dragons. 'Nuff said.

1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon? I love dragons in general. To me, they exhibit a perfect blend of power and grace.
2. Your first Dragon Pokemon was …. and why? Um... Altaria? Maybe? I lost many of my original pokemon a long time ago when my Emerald game was stolen.
3. Your favorite Dragon type user? Lance. He's the champion in the games, an undercover agent in the anime, and can hear the thoughts of and heal his pokemon in the manga. He's pretty awesome.
4. Your favorite Dragon type move? Although I usually use Dragon Pulse, I'd have to say that Dragon Tail is my favorite move. I like how it forces the pokemon to switch out or end the battle. I really need to teach more of my pokemon this move.
5. Which generation had the best Dragon type Pokemon? Hoenn, because of all it's amazing dragon legendaries and Flygon, but Kalos is a close second with Noivern, Goodra, and Charizard X.
6. Woud you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with? Yes... and no. It would be awesome to start off with a dragon pokemon, however, I feel like the dragon-type should be avoided when designing starters. One of the unique things about the dragon-type that I love is that they are resistant against the starter types. They are the ultimate test against the pokemon you start your journey with.

Welcome! I have to agree with you about Lance, he's my favorite Dragon-type trainer of all time.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Username: DarkSkys
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname:
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Dragonite
Reason for joining club: Been a Dragon fan since Gen 1 though I didn't have one, wasn't till Gen 2 that I actually got one.
Answer to any one of the current topics:

Woud you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with?
Yes, though I have played a ROM on my phone that has you pick between three dragons as your starter. I'd say Dragtini, Bagon, or Gibile.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Dont think ive forgotten about our wonderful clubs <3
Im actually working with a friend to make the club look better and get some other things going so my absence is intentional and if anyone could post a topic while im busy itd be highly appreciated :D
Stay tuned for a big update! And POTW's! ^^

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
Username: Pokemon Game Fan

Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Yes | Razor

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Salamence and Hydreigon (non legendary) | Rayquaza (including legendaries)

Reason for joining club: I love Dragon types! Next to Fire, they are by far my favorites of all types, and this seems like a neat club for it.

3. Your favorite Dragon type user?
Lance, by far. He's my favorite trainer in general. In fact, I just switched my AVI but he used to be my avatar. :)

Wicked3DS

Years
Username: DarkSkys
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Dragonite
Reason for joining club: Been a Dragon fan since Gen 1 though I didn't have one, wasn't till Gen 2 that I actually got one.

Woud you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with?
Yes, though I have played a ROM on my phone that has you pick between three dragons as your starter. I'd say Dragtini, Bagon, or Gibile.

Welcome! I have to say those would make the best Dragon-type starters if you ask me, I love all three of their final forms.

Username: Pokemon Game Fan

Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Yes | Razor

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Salamence and Hydreigon (non legendary) | Rayquaza (including legendaries)

Reason for joining club: I love Dragon types! Next to Fire, they are by far my favorites of all types, and this seems like a neat club for it.

3. Your favorite Dragon type user?
Lance, by far. He's my favorite trainer in general. In fact, I just switched my AVI but he used to be my avatar. :)

Welcome! Lance is awesome. He's hands down the best Dragon-type trainer there is around.

Gonna give us a topic since Dedenne requested it:

Spoiler:

Mega Charizard X!

Questions to consider:

Does this satisfy the wants of people wanting Charizard to be Dragon-type?

Have you ever used Mega Charizard X?

Do you like the major design overhaul of Mega Charizard X compared to the original appearance?

I'm a big fan of Mega Charizard X, it's got a great design and a great ability that makes it very useful. I never really minded it not being a Dragon-type, so this is a good compromise to make it a true Dragon for me.

VillageofDragons

Years
Mega Charizard X

I believe it does, especially since its one of Charizard's most powerful forms. In fact I think the sole reason Gamefreak included it with Charizard's other mega evolution is because so many people since Generation 1 had thought and wanted Charizard to be part Dragon type, and now that it is it's awesomely cool to look at and great to use

I myself have never used it, but I've seen battles where people have, and dang, this Pokemon sure can be OP if you don't counter it right

Do you like the major design overhaul of Mega Charizard X compared to the original appearance?

Yes, it looks so much better than the original Charizard and Charizard Y mega evolution. I am being serious. The sheer awesomeness of the cool texture of its black streamline design is only outdone by the blue flames smoking out of its mouth. It's so great to look at that I think there should be an alternate evolution of Charizard that has a similar design that is black and corresponds with mega Charizard X. :)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Idk about others, but it does for me.

I have tried using it before, but the teams I make with it in them are always ass so I've haven't used it much =/

Yes, although I wish that in-game the 3D model's flames looked better (but none of the flames on the Pokemon in 6th Gen look amazing) and it wasn't floating in the air like it does. Either make it stand on the ground or give it a better flying animation. Looks great in fanart and the anime though.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
I like to use Charizard X on my mono-dragon-type team. His fire-type helps to defend him from ice and fairy attacks, and reduces his normally 4X weakness of rock down to 2X and water from 2X to 1X. Having a pokemon that can change it's typing through Mega Evolution is fun to play around with.

The only thing I have against Charizard X for design is that he doesn't fit in with the other Kanto starter megas. Charizard Y fits much better into that group for design. However I think that Charizard X looks far nicer in design with it's new color scheme. The flames pouring out of it's mouth are also pretty cool.

Years
Username: DraconianWing

does not matter, if you would like to refer to me by a nickname, then by all means go for it :)

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon:
Salamence and Garchomp!

Reason for joining club:
I very rarely come across anyone who favors Dragon Pokemon, especially after the introduction of Fairies, so it's great to find a club with people who share the same interest in types.

What made you love Dragon Pokemon?
Their offensive capabilities. Dragons take time to raise, and because of that not everyone has the patience to stick with them. There is nothing better that taking the time to properly level a Dragon Pokemon, then having it evolve into a wrecking machine capable of sweeping or putting a huge dent in opposing teams.

Dedenne1

Years
Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week
OOQ48Fh.png

Altaria, The Humming Pokémon. If it bonds with a person, it will gently envelop the friend with its soft wings, then hum. On sunny days, it flies freely through the sky and blends into the clouds. It sings in a beautiful soprano. It flies gracefully through the sky. Its melodic humming makes you feel like you're in a dream. It looks like a fluffy cloud when it is in flight. It hums with its soprano voice.

Possibly Questions:

Have you ever used Altaria on your team, in-game or competitive?

What do you think of Flygon's design?

What do you think of its Mega Evoltuion and the typing change to dragon and fairy?

Whats your overall opinion on Altaria before its new mega evolution? Was it appealing to you?

Other thoughts?

News! What have i been doing? Why havent i posted POTW every week well thanks to twilightblade we now have a css for the op a new and improved member list and a cool way to make POTWs. Besides that i will finally be active again and begin posting the POTWs every week on either Friday or Saturday. Besides that thank you all for waiting and thanks to Quajatsu for doing some topics while i was busy. Heres to the future of the Dragon Club!

Username: DraconianWing

does not matter, if you would like to refer to me by a nickname, then by all means go for it :)

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon:
Salamence and Garchomp!

Reason for joining club:
I very rarely come across anyone who favors Dragon Pokemon, especially after the introduction of Fairies, so it's great to find a club with people who share the same interest in types.

What made you love Dragon Pokemon?
Their offensive capabilities. Dragons take time to raise, and because of that not everyone has the patience to stick with them. There is nothing better that taking the time to properly level a Dragon Pokemon, then having it evolve into a wrecking machine capable of sweeping or putting a huge dent in opposing teams.

Whoo welcome to the club! ^^ Ill update the OP shortly but your free to discuss in the meantime!

Dedenne1

Years
aaaay the CSS in the OP looks cool
some of the names on the members list are hella outdated tho

Yea we have alot of old members so if you see your name on the memberlist and you got a name change just let me know and ill fix it idk if theres anyway to get rid of the very inactive members though :/ ideas?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yea we have alot of old members so if you see your name on the memberlist and you got a name change just let me know and ill fix it idk if theres anyway to get rid of the very inactive members though :/ ideas?
These are some of the outdated names and what they're supposed to be now:
Spoiler:

Those are the ones I'm aware of, but I probably missed some

VillageofDragons

Years
Possible Questions:

A long time ago in Black and White 2 I used it. But other than that, never.

What do you think of Flygon's design?

Well, Flygon is nice and all, but don't you mean Altaria's design?? ;)

What do you think of its Mega Evoltuion and the typing change to dragon and fairy?

It's great. I love that it gets even more extravagant design wise once mega evolved. Plus, Dragon and Fairy is a nice combination and no other Pokemon known currently have this combination of typing.

Whats your overall opinion on Altaria before its new mega evolution? Was it appealing to you?

Altaria was sort of appealing to me. I like how it's like a bird, but it also has some puffy clouds on its chest. I never understood why it was part Dragon type though, to be quite honest. There's nothing for me in its appearance that really defines it as so.

Other thoughts?

Nope. Other than that I just completed the tournaments in Pokemon Black 2's PWT and must say that when Winona uses Altaria she almost always uses a dumb Sing and Dream Eater combination, which I find quite stupid (and annoying) seeing as it's a dragon and flying type, not a psychic type. :/

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username (Nickname?): Unapologetic Sunflower (Nick)
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: I love the Bagon-line, Gible-line and the Deino-line, but I'll go with Deino. :)
Reason for joining club: I'm here to help pump up the activity. I love the aforementioned Dragon-type Pokémon, that's why it's natural for me to join this club. :)

I have used it on my one of my Sapphire reruns.

What do you think of Altaria's design?
Altaria's actually cute. A simple yet creative design.

It s type change along its Ability boosted its popularity and status on the competitive tier. It feels like Altaria finally sees the light after sinking in the low tiers for over 10 years!

Cute, but not a good battler. She was only good in the Contest with the correct moveset. Altaria was only appealing with her design and non-battle properties.

Other thoughts?
While I love her Mega Evolution's Ability, stat and typing. I'm not fond of Altaria's design, I believe it can be better than that.

Dedenne1

Years
Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week
myOGC9H.jpg

Land Shark Pokémon. It nests in small, horizontal holes in caves warmed by geothermal heat. Foes who get too close can expect to be pounced on and bitten. When hunting it pounces on prey that stray too close. When attackin it uses its huge mouth to inflict large damage. While its attacks are powerful, it hurts itself out of clumsiness, too.

Possibly Questions:

Have you ever found and caught a Gible In-Game?

What do you think of Gible's design?

Whats your opinion on its shiny form? Is it recognizable?

Other thoughts?

Trying something new out to use all of the pokemon in every line so that it may last longer!

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back