• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Generally Psychics are SP oriented and it's design lends me to believe that it is more so on the physical side so i kind of find it odd this pkm would be set up this way.
Latios is also a special attacker as per the usual with that type. Has more special moves than physical and base 130 Sp.Attack to base 90 Attack.

I actually tend to use Latias more than Latios for some reason....

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Dragonite has always been my favorite pkm.

Whats your overall opinion of Latio's?
I've yet to really develop an opinion of them because by the time they were introduced, i had already started avoiding legendaries.

What do you think of Latio's design?
The design is decent enough and i really think the mega looks pretty cool!

Do you see Latios as a Psychic/dragon? Do you like this type combination
Again, i've avoided using this pkm so i don't have an opinion on this but that sounds like a nice typing. Generally Psychics are SP oriented and it's design lends me to believe that it is more so on the physical side so i kind of find it odd this pkm would be set up this way. The most obvious typing i'd guess for Latios/Latias would be Flying/____ or Dragon /Flying

Other thoughts?
Everyone loves dragonite! Atleast they should theres no reason to hate it :P
and hey why dont you sign up for the clun :3
Heres the form:
Spoiler:

I actually tend to use Latias more than Latios for some reason....
for some reason i tend to as well im not quite sure why though

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Have you ever used a Latios Competitively or In-Game? If no why?

Nope, I really don't use Legendaries in my playthroughs.

Whats your overall opinion of Latios?

It's never been one of my favorites, but it's not bad.
What do you think of Latios' design?

Do you see Latios as a Psychic/dragon? Do you like this type combination?

I feel like it should be a Flying-type somehow, but at the same time that combination definitely fits it, so I guess it's fine the way it is.

Other thoughts?

Latios is a good Pokémon, it just honestly doesn't appeal to me a whole lot.

Dedenne1

Years
Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week

goodra_by_redtallin-d6vli1j.png

Goodra, The Dragon Pokémon. This very friendly Dragon-type Pokémon will hug its beloved Trainer, leaving that Trainer covered in sticky slime however, when provoked, it attacks with retractable horns and throws a punch that's the equivalent of the force of a hundred pro boxers.

Possible Questions:
Have you ever used a Goodra Competitively or In-Game? If no why?

Whats your overall opinion of Goodra?

What do you think of Goodra design?

If you were to change Goodra in anyway what would you change and why?

Other thoughts?

Ehhhhhh alittle late but i went through the list and we NEVER featured Goodra..so this was needed.​

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
when provoked, it attacks with retractable horns
wait what Goodra has horns

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I once used Goodra on a competitive team and it's sitting somewhere in one of my PC boxes. Part of me thinks it could be Dragon/Poison but I guess they didn't wanna do that since there's Dragalgae (how do you spell that one again?) as a 6th gen Dragon/Poison.

Though I wonder why the whole line is Dragon type when the first 2 are based off of slugs or something like that. Though there is the Flygon line where the first 2 stages are very insect-like before you get to the dragonic Flygon. Guess it's the same kind of thing with Goodra.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Nope, and I don't plan on it. I'm not a fan of this Pokémon.

Whats your overall opinion of Goodra?

I don't like it. Goomy is kind of cute in a funny, goofy kind of way, but Goodra doesn't fit the image as a Pseudo-legendary Pokémon if you ask me.

The colors are weird and it doesn't fit what it's supposed to be.

Make it look more like a Pseudo-legendary.

Other thoughts?

I've been very negative, but I have liked all of the previous Pseudo-legendary Pokémon up until this one, so this is a major disappointment for me. You could put any one of them next to this and I would tell you they're all more intimidating than this one, including Dragonite who's not all that intimidating.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
I've used a Goodra in X and liked it enough to build a competitive one that I often use. It can take a good hit and Rain Dance + Rest + Hydration makes for an easy recovery. I like to sometimes go to the rainy areas of Hoenn and Kalos and throw out a Goodra into battle thinking, "Ha, face my ultimate Goodra! With this rain, he's just about invincible! Mwahahaha!" And then I eventually get bored and find something else to do... I really need to start up a new game / find a new goal.

I like all the Kalos Dragons' designs. I didn't at first, but now they're some of my favorite designs out of all the dragon type pokemon. I'd have to say that the thing about Goodra that I like the most is its softer and more cuter design. Sliggoo and Goodra are so adorable in Pokemon Amie. I really like its antennae/tentacles/horns on the top of its head, and Power Whip is a pretty cool looking move for this Pokemon.

Its snout looks really flat and the dark purple markings on its face makes it look like its got a 5 o'clock shadow. I don't like it. Also, just Dragon-type? Eh... They could have added poison or something to make it a dual type.

kawaiimix

Radically Awkward Trainer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
Username:
kawaiimix, or just call me mix!

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon:
Hmm. I love my dragon Pokemon, but I have to say probably Axew or Dratini. Probably Dratini if I only can pick one. X'D

Reason for joining club:
DRAGONS ARE AWESOME. Enough said. Dragon type is probably one of my top types, since it's so diverse when you add different types in the mix!

Answer to any one of the current topics:
1. First dragon type Pokemon? Hmm. Probably Charizard, to be honest. Can't remember any others too well.

This is such a cool club! Dragon types 5ever.

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
Years
Hi guys, that this is still alive, amazing <3
Username (Nickname?): Star11Pika / Stralend / Star / Pika
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Water dragons look quite cool o.o / Dratini
Reason for joining club: I've been a member before, and getting back to the forums for now.
Answer to any one of the current topics: @Goodra: To be honest, I think Goodra looks a bit huge. But I love the idea to how it comes to it final stage, I mean, rain is amazing :D As for changes I would love to see it be water dragon.

Stralend~

Dedenne1

Years
Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week

mega_rayquaza__the_hoenn_hype_by_kevthedarkkrock-d82448x.jpg

Rayquaza, The Sky High Pokémon. It lives in the ozone layer far above the clouds and cannot be seen from the ground. Until recently, no one had ever seen it. Rayquaza is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years. Legends remain of how it put to rest the clash between Kyogre and Groudon. It flies forever through the ozone layer, consuming meteoroids for sustenance. The many meteoroids in its body provide the energy it needs to Mega Evolve.

Possible Questions:
Have you ever used a RayquazaCompetitively or In-Game? If no why?

Whats your overall opinion of Rayquaza?

What do you think of Rayquaza's design? Its mega evolution design?

Do you think its mega is alittle op?

Its body has meteroids in it?

Other thoughts?

Its late of coarse....again....SORRY D: but its mega rayquaza what cant you like?​

wait what Goodra has horns

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I once used Goodra on a competitive team and it's sitting somewhere in one of my PC boxes. Part of me thinks it could be Dragon/Poison but I guess they didn't wanna do that since there's Dragalgae (how do you spell that one again?) as a 6th gen Dragon/Poison.

Though I wonder why the whole line is Dragon type when the first 2 are based off of slugs or something like that. Though there is the Flygon line where the first 2 stages are very insect-like before you get to the dragonic Flygon. Guess it's the same kind of thing with Goodra.
It kinda could be a dragon and poison but ya Dragalge was there already although i see Goodra being a better poison and dragon than Dragalge.
And ya horns i guess? idk where

Username:
kawaiimix, or just call me mix!

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon:
Hmm. I love my dragon Pokemon, but I have to say probably Axew or Dratini. Probably Dratini if I only can pick one. X'D

Reason for joining club:
DRAGONS ARE AWESOME. Enough said. Dragon type is probably one of my top types, since it's so diverse when you add different types in the mix!

Answer to any one of the current topics:
1. First dragon type Pokemon? Hmm. Probably Charizard, to be honest. Can't remember any others too well.

This is such a cool club! Dragon types 5ever.

Hi guys, that this is still alive, amazing <3
Username (Nickname?): Star11Pika / Stralend / Star / Pika
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Water dragons look quite cool o.o / Dratini
Reason for joining club: I've been a member before, and getting back to the forums for now.
Answer to any one of the current topics: @Goodra: To be honest, I think Goodra looks a bit huge. But I love the idea to how it comes to it final stage, I mean, rain is amazing :D As for changes I would love to see it be water dragon.

Stralend~

Welcome to the club guys ill add you now feel free to answer the Pokemon of the week and such :D

Killua

Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Hydreigon
Reason for joining club: Dragons were alway powerful and good hitters with lots of advantages
Answer to any one of the current topics: 6. Would you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with? No, they are too overpowered and I feel cheap startinng with them.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Have you ever used a Rayquaza Competitively or In-Game? If no why?
Used it quite a lot on my first Ruby file actually. After beating the Elite 4 for the first time on it my team for a very long time was Blaziken/Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza/Jirachi/Salamence. Other than that I haven't really used one in-game since then except for briefly during the Delta Episode in ORAS.

Competitively speaking, I haven't used the mega much since it got banned from Ubers fairly quickly on Showdown and I'm not into the AG meta at all. And Rayquaza is banned in rated Battle Spot so that just leaves unrated Battle Spot for my use of it really.....which I only tend to ever do when I'm sort of screwing around with an all Uber-legends team.

The base form though has gotten some use on Showdown though. This gen it was mostly as a Surf Rayquaza, which was a thing (dunno if it still is) in early ORAS Ubers since it made a decent surprise check to Primal Groudon since Air Lock negates Primal Groudon's Water immunity via Desolate Land. Haven't used it much in a while though.

What do you think of Rayquaza's design? Its mega evolution design?
The base form is kind of a scaleless Asian dragon, but the mega form looks pretty cool.

Do you think its mega is alittle op?
Well.....yeah. Rayquaza was an already powerful Pokemon, with dual base 150 attacking stats and the movepool to make use of it, making it slightly unpredictable or a good wallbreaker, and a decent Speed stat for Ubers (base 95, which made it able to just outspeed the crapload of base 90s in Ubers). It also has access to priority in Extreme Speed and good boosting moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance. All that was holding back really was its relative frailty, lack of a good Flying STAB, and its Stealth Rock weakness.

But then they gave it a Mega Evolution. Its already impressive attacking stats got boosted even further, to be on par with that of Deoxys-Attack, a slight bulk increase, and more importantly, +20 base Speed, giving it a speed tier higher than the new Speed benchmark of OU (base 110), which is a higher speed meta than Ubers. The real kickers though were the new ability and the lack of needing a mega stone to go mega. Delta Stream eliminates its Stealth Rock weakness, makes it resistant to Electric, and makes the 4x Ice weakness more manageable. All with no drawbacks. And even Primal Groudon/Kyogre's Desolate Land/Primordial Sea can't overpower Delta Stream. The requirement of holding a mega stone in order to mega evolve was probably put in place as a sort of way to balance out the benefits of mega evolution; the Pokemon is already getting +100 to its base stats and possibly other changes, why should it get an item to make it even stronger? But then they kind of ignored that with Mega Ray. Now your super powerful dragon can make itself even more threatening with your item of choice. And it finally got the powerful Flying STAB it wanted in Dragon Ascent.

And all that combined kinda makes Mega Rayquaza a little ridic. Fairies? Mega Ray don't care about Fairies. Except for Xerneas, but Xern is bonkers in its own way.

But at least the fact that Game Freak is willing to make a Pokemon as powerful as Mega Rayquaza or the Mega Mewtwos gives me hope that perhaps one day we'll see the Tao Dragon in all its might and it'll be playable too. Before I thought that there was a limit to how strong Game Freak was willing to make a Pokemon. Think of how strong the Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are individually. Think of how strong Black/White Kyurem, incomplete versions of the Tao Dragon, are. Back in Gen V I though that the Tao Dragon would've been much too strong for GF to consider making available to the player to use. But they've given us Mega Rayquaza, and Complete/Perfect/100% form Zygarde has the potenital to be immensely powerful too, so the Tao Dragon is no longer out of the question.

Its body has meteroids in it?
It does sound a little weird at first, but it does make sense. Pokemon for whatever reason has a (strong) connection to both outer space and rocks. Stones seem to routinely hold power for some reason. Evolution stones and mega stones, for example. Meteoroids are just flying space rocks really, so it's not too out there (for Pokemon anyway) for meteroids to contain enough power in them to act as a catalyst for Rayquaza's Mega Evolution.

/rant

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I've only used Goodra in-game, whilst trained for competitive. She looks friendly, bulky too. Design wise, she isn't that bad actually. (: I would change Goodra's typing though, perhaps Dragon/Poison or even a Dragon/Fairy!
Neither; it's my policy to not use any legendary Pokemon in-game and I'm not much of a competitive battler as well. I love Rayquaza, he looks powerful and majestic! Not a fan of the M-Rayquaza's design though. M-Rayquaza isn't little overpowered, it is very overpowered! Yes, it has a meteorite in its body since it swallowed one.

Hello! Welcome to our club, make sure to stay active and have fun! (:

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
Years
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
@Goodra: I have never really used it competivitely but I love the disign. It looks a bit fat but it has the perfect combination with the hight.
I also have a feeling the pokemon might be a bit underrated too. Overal the best thing is just the colour. It has an amazing purple coloir, not too dark and not to ligjtneither. I absolutely love it!

Reactions: Sun

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
oh yeah I stumbled across these the other day and thought they were kinda cool lookin':

Spoiler:

there was also this.....
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back