• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Have you ever found and caught a Gible In-Game?
I haven't played any of the DPPt games, so no. But if you count ROM hacks, I have caught a Gible at the desert route in Flora Sky. If I remember correctly it was near the Hippowdon Temple.

What do you think of Gible's design?
The coolest looking pre-evolved Dragon in my opinion, mainly because of the fin and torpedo-like things on its head. I mean come on, it's a shark that lives on land! What's not to like about Gible?

Whats your opinion on its shiny form? Is it recognizable?
Unlike Gabite and Garchomp, it's very easy to tell Gible's shiny form and regular forms apart. The shiny form takes on a more vivid shade of blue; the most noticeable difference is the color of it's lower jaw, which is yellow/beige instead of red-orange. My opinion on shiny Gible is the same as mentioned in the above question: the best looking out of all the pre-evolved Dragons.

Other thoughts?
- press B when it tries to evolve
- let it learn Dragon Rush at level 37
- raise until level 100
- bask in the sheer awesomeness of a level 100 Dragon Rush wielding Gible

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Gible

Nope, even though I started Pokemon with Diamond.

It's awesome! A shark that lives on land! It can't get any better than that :')

Yes, its shiny form is very recognizable. As DraconianWing said above, it's the most recognizable shiny form in its evolution line. :)

Other thoughts?

JUST LOOK AT THAT CUTE WITTLE GIBLE. SO CUTE YOU JUST GOTTA HUG IT. -OW, I GOT BIT! :(

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I caught one for my Pokédex in my very first Gen IV game, my Japanese Pearl version.

I love it, it's cute while creative! It also looks goofy!

It is and I like it. I've been hearing dislikes on its evolutionary relatives' shiny form though, due to being hard to recognize.

Other thoughts?
Thanks to Game Freak, I can finally access Gible with ease my first Platinum play. Because of that I could finally include a Gible in my in-game team. It's really worth raising!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 5, 2015
Username: Dragon Warrior
favourite dragon pokemon: SALAMANCE
reasons for joining the club : Dragon types are my best.
Answer to any one of the current topics:
Would you like dragon type starters?
YES. I would want SALAMANCE.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username: Dragon Warrior
favourite dragon pokemon: SALAMANCE
reasons for joining the club : Dragon types are my best.
Answer to any one of the current topics:
Would you like dragon type starters?
YES. I would want SALAMANCE.

Oh hi Dragon Warrior! Welcome to our club! Please make yourself at home and try to be active! :)

What do you think abou our current Pokémon of The Week, Gible? Please feel free to express your thoughts and try to quote any replies you find interesting! Who knows you might be able to find more Dragon-loving buddies to talk to! {XD}

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week
rg746px.jpg

Shelgon, the Endurance Pokémon. Its armored body makes moves bounce off however being that tough makes shelgon quite slow and sluggish. Within its rugged shell, its cells have begun changing. When it evolves the shell begins peeling off.

Possible Questions:

Have you ever used a Shelgon In-Game? If no why?

Does Shelgon seem to be the evolution of Bagon in your eyes and the prevolution of Salamence?

What do you think of Shelgon's design?

Other thoughts?​

Last edited by a moderator:

VillageofDragons

Years
Shelgon

No, I haven't. Just never caught a Bagon in the first place so that I could evolve it into a Shelgon.

Does Shelgon seem to be the evolution of Bagon in your eyes and the prevolution of Salamence?

I actually feel like Shelgon should be the basic form, evolve into Bagon, who evolves into Salamence. It just seems like it should be that way to me since Shelgon is the slowest of the three.

It's nice. I like how it's a dark, black creature inside a white shell with four legs.

Other thoughts?

Nope, other than I first experienced the Hoenn region with OR/AS, so that's why I haven't obtained a Shelgon yet.

Years
Yes. As you can tell from my avatar and sig, the Bagon line is the Dragon line I've used the most throughout the series. I every single playthrough of RSE, it has been a long-standing tradition of mine to immediately go to Meteor Falls after obtaining the 8th badge and hunting for a Bagon, so it would always go through a stage of being good ol' Shelgon before preparing to evolve into Salamence. Said Salamence would then go on to play a vital role in the run through Victory Road and the Pokemon League challenge.

Of course. The concept of Bagon's growth into Salamence is similar to the life cycle of butterflies; begin as a small, vulnerable caterpillar, and then go through the cocoon stage before sprouting wings and learning to fly. Shelgon represents that cocoon stage in the cycle before evolving into the "butterfly."

I like the idea behind it. It's basically an "armor" covering a soon-to-be azure dragon, patiently awaiting the time to evolve. Shelgon's design is a bit dull compared to Bagon and Salamence, but I think it was meant to be that way due to the amount of genetic changes it is undergoing.

Other thoughts?
My favorite Dragon Pokemon line. Enough said.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
I did have one for awhile until it evolved.
I think he has a design unique to his own. I mean, if you never saw Shelgon before, and only saw its other stages, you probably wouldn't expect the middle stage to look like some kind of volleyball with four legs.
I like how Shelgon looks like a cocoon. It fits in well with Bagon's dream on being able to fly and it having to go through a metamorphosis to do so. I sometimes wonder if Shelgon knows that he's growing wings or if he is upset that it now seems that he will never be able to fly with his new bulky form. {XD}

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I've used a Shelgon in one of my Sapphire and Black 2 run, they both evolved from my Bagon! It does look like from its evolutionary relatives! Shelgon's going through a process called metamorphosis akin to the likes of Cascoon, Kakuna. After that stage it gains a pair of magnificent blood red wings! The design is rather simple yet cute, it reminded me of the mangosteen fruit's flesh! {XD} Among all Dragon-type psuedo-legends, so far the Bagon line is the only and first to have a metamorphosis process-stage, I actually like it and found it unique. I believe this Pokémon can be bulky, particularly with Eviolite attached.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

I've used Salamence, so I've had Shelgon :P

It is definitely different, but I see what they were going for and it's cool because of how unique it is.

It looks like a dragon in a cocoon, which I presume is what they were kind of going for, so I think it works.

Other thoughts?

I thought this was quite a clever way to get Bagon to Salamence without it just getting gradually bigger, so I have to say it's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So wait Shelgon's supposed to be like a cocoon?

Well at least that's something, every time I'd look at it I'd be like what is this thing supposed to be

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
So wait Shelgon's supposed to be like a cocoon?

Well at least that's something, every time I'd look at it I'd be like what is this thing supposed to be

It's a mangosteen fruit! >:) But yeah, it's like Pupitar, but with legs. Which makes it a cocoon and not a cocoon-like at the same time.~

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Dragon Type Pokemon of The Week
dragonair__by_effier_sxy.png

Dragonair, The Dragon Pokémon, A mystical Pokémon that exudes a gentle aura. It is said to have the ability to change the weather by discharging energy from the crystals on its neck and tail. It is said to live in seas and lakes.

Possible Questions:

Have you ever used a Dragonair In-Game? If no why?

Would you say Dragonair is fitting for being the dragon pokemon or should it be the serpent pokemon?

What do you think of Dragonair's design?

Do you like its original design better or its shiny pink form?

Other thoughts?​

Nice responses for last week by the way Shelgon has always been a mystery to me but i believe its kinda a move able cocoon perhaps? Made to change him while he can still battle? Ill admit its a very good idea on GFs part to make a bridge from such a small poke such as bagon to go to Salamence.

Last edited:

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 1, 2022
I have a Dragonair on my current team right now. Finally raised it to lv.100 the other day, so it's staying a Dragonair. :) I also used one back in Soul Silver as well.

Would you say Dragonair is fitting for being the dragon pokemon or should it be the serpent pokemon?
Dragonair's design does appear at first to be serpentine, but I think I read somewhere that the Dragonite evolution line was based on European dragons, many of which looked like snakes or worms before growing to their full size. So based on that, the dragon pokemon makes sense.

I've loved Dragonair's design ever since I first saw it on the anime almost a decade ago. I love its sleek and graceful design, the shiny blue orbs on its neck and tail, and the elegant feathery ears.

I think I like the original color better, due to the fact that Dragonair is found in lakes and streams.

Other thoughts?
One of my favorite things about Dragonair is how it can control the weather. My oldest memory of this pokemon was from (I think) Great Bowls of Fire when it was controlling the rainstorm. It was partly because of this ability that Dragonair became one of my favorite Pokemon at the time, alongside Ninetales and Vaporeon.

Years
Yes. Dragonair/Dragonite is my alternative to the Salamence line when playing through the Kanto/Johto games. It's a lot slower compared to the latter, but makes up for it with more defensive bulk.

I've never really put any thought into this until this question. Dragon Pokemon come in various different forms and structuring, so Dragonair to me was and will always be fitting for being referred to as one of the "Dragon Pokemon" species. A dragon is still a dragon, even without legs or wings.

It's a very nice shade of azure, which goes well with the white underbelly. The simplicity of the design is I think what makes it great; it's serpentine features are topped off with wing-like ears, which is pretty cool!

Original. It is simply a preference, so there isn't really anything I could explain with this answer; not saying that the shiny form looks bad though.

Other thoughts?
In my opinion, Dragonair aesthetically looks better than Dragonite. However I always prioritize stats over looks for some reason, so mine ends up evolving anyway :P

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I've used a Dragonair on my very first FireRed gameplay.

Dragon comes in many forms, serpentine is one of those many forms. So it is actually fitting for both kinds.

It's simple and classic. The orbs around its body as well as the wings on its head are simply beautiful. In a sense, it's even better looking than its evolution.

Blue is perfect as it is; I'm glad the blue variant one is the 'normal' Dragonair.

Other thoughts?
Dragonair was one of those Pokémon that made me lost for words upon seeing it, as it looked so majestic when I first saw it in the Safari episode.

VillageofDragons

Years

Nope, never had a Dratini to begin with. XD...

IMO it looks more like a serpent Pokemon than a Dragon. If you notice it, most of the dragon Pokemon that exist have arms and legs, while this Pokemon to me, looks like it would be better suited as a Water type or maybe even a Grass type

It's nice. I like how majestic and tall it looks. :)

I enjoy its Shiny form a lot better, but only because it's so distinct from the original.

Other thoughts?

Nope, other than how come we skipped Dratini and went straight for Dragonair?? I could understand Dragonite, but Dragonair sounds like it's out of nowhere.... lol

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

I've used Dragonite, so I've had Dragonair long enough for it to evolve into that (so yes :P )

A snake-like dragon isn't so Farfetch'd, so I think it fits.

Simple, yet elegant, and better than Dragonite's I think, so I like it.

I definitely have a soft spot for the pink one.

Other thoughts?

Dragonair is one of those few Pokémon that I like the design of the pre-evolution better than it's final form (not counting the Sinnoh evolutions such as Magnezone, Magmortar, etc.) and it's a lot more graceful too, so I overall like it quite a bit.

Reactions: Sun
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back