• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Void

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2023
    I understand that representing Nazis, especially in a game series such as Pokemon, can be a touchy subject. I tried my best to be sensitive on the issue and not trivialize the actual atrocities committed by them. I wanted to avoid as many parallels as possible while still making it obvious what message I was trying to say. I like stories that start off cute and fluffy but take harsh tonal shifts as they progress. I didn't set out to make a carbon copy of a main series Pokemon game, I just wanted to tell a story. One based on Germany is inevitably going to bring up its long history.

A lot of my family is from Germany and France, but I was born in Canada and I hope to maybe return to Europe one day.

You really did a great job conveying it without making it offensive, I was just honestly shocked the first time lmao

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I'm really not a fan of grinding. I tried to make levels matter very little.

The few Chad fights you encounter will always be unfair because Chad is meant to be canonically stronger. Those committed to beating him can do so, but there's no penalty for failure. Only different dialogue.

Ah, I understand. I figured the first Chad battle was meant to be a loss because the starters come with STAB moves and regardless of the starter he gets it'll have the more hard-hitting tackle or scratch. It didn't even occur to me to see that as an informant for the rest of his battles as well probably because it's unique. I'll keep that in mind but grinding did end up making him pretty easy and he makes me want to beat him because he's such an ass.

Unfortunately, if you do not have access to the NumLck key you do not have access to the speed up feature. I'll try to change the button in a future update. I just don't have the time to now.

Alright well good to know. Speed up would probably just make the lag I have more aggressive anyway and don't worry as of a few days ago I am now aware that the lag isn't your problem and that I just have to live with it. Apparently, it's a Pokemon Essentials issue on computers with AMD graphics cards. I guess they're not fully compatible or something and this lag is nothing compared to some areas in Vanguard.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2022
    Is there a complete pokedex for void i would like a dex that show hp,atk,def,sp-atk,sp-def and spd i like to catch pokemon in nature so the pokedex will help me out

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    I'm loving the game so far. It's really interesting the different gimmicks you've put into the game and it's so fun. One question I have atm is if the Pines battle just an exp grab? I saw the differing levels and thought there might've been an achievement if you beat him, just a question though!
    (I chose baumasaur btw and it's an absolute UNIT)

Years
  • I'm loving the game so far. It's really interesting the different gimmicks you've put into the game and it's so fun. One question I have atm is if the Pines battle just an exp grab? I saw the differing levels and thought there might've been an achievement if you beat him, just a question though!
    (I chose baumasaur btw and it's an absolute UNIT)

The Prof. Pines battle was just for fun. I always like to imagine that the guy who's job it is to study pokemon would know a thing or two about fighting with them. It's just a little secret battle and it's not an easy one.

Glad you like Baumasaur. I always feel bad for the grass starters because statwise they always seem to be the weakest option. The Baumasuar line can learn earthquake using a TM so if you save up enough in the early game you can sweep everything too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    The Prof. Pines battle was just for fun. I always like to imagine that the guy who's job it is to study pokemon would know a thing or two about fighting with them. It's just a little secret battle and it's not an easy one.

Glad you like Baumasaur. I always feel bad for the grass starters because statwise they always seem to be the weakest option. The Baumasuar line can learn earthquake using a TM so if you save up enough in the early game you can sweep everything too.

The fight was fun ahaha, it was funny and enjoyable. I bought the earthquake tm but Terragard can't learn it? I gave the tm to my ourocute but idk if the tm is worth it if only one pokemon in my team can use it (it expensive).
    Also, I've been using the pbs file you've provided but it says I cant view it anymore since it's in your bin? It would be nice to have that info again but if its intentional then I understand!!

Years
  • The fight was fun ahaha, it was funny and enjoyable. I bought the earthquake tm but Terragard can't learn it? I gave the tm to my ourocute but idk if the tm is worth it if only one pokemon in my team can use it (it expensive).
    Also, I've been using the pbs file you've provided but it says I cant view it anymore since it's in your bin? It would be nice to have that info again but if its intentional then I understand!!

Terragard should be able to learn it, I think...
    Did you add the patch files to your game? That should have enabled it to learn it.

That PBS file was outdated and I did delete it the other day. I'll make a new one available soon, but for know I can offer you this spreadsheet. It's much better.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y3x9fhMDeXpOnZuPw0-0N0FvNourXzOfrDVYmJZ0aMM/edit?usp=sharing

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    Terragard should be able to learn it, I think...
    Did you add the patch files to your game? That should have enabled it to learn it.

That PBS file was outdated and I did delete it the other day. I'll make a new one available soon, but for know I can offer you this spreadsheet. It's much better.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y3x9fhMDeXpOnZuPw0-0N0FvNourXzOfrDVYmJZ0aMM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the spreadsheet, but I downloaded the game on Saturday I thought no new patches were out...on that note I have absolutely no clue on how to put patch files into the game (basically new to fan games, only been a rom hack guy). Any help would be appreciated!!

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • What is the archive code for the Analytical room in the Null Facility? I tried the same code that unlocks the previous archives but it did not work.

Years
  • Thanks for the spreadsheet, but I downloaded the game on Saturday I thought no new patches were out...on that note I have absolutely no clue on how to put patch files into the game (basically new to fan games, only been a rom hack guy). Any help would be appreciated!!

That's completely understandable. There are no new patches. To use the patch correctly you just need to replace the original files from the game folder with the patch files. The original Void.rgassd needs to be replaced with the patch Void.rgassd. That's all that's required.

I could be wrong about the Baumasaur line learning earthquake early. I swear it was a change I made, but that might be for the next patch.

Years
  • What is the archive code for the Analytical room in the Null Facility? I tried the same code that unlocks the previous archives but it did not work.

The Null Facility archive code is given to you by one of the scientist after the area has been cleared. The NPC is located in the mining section of the facility. I believe it's one of the fat scientists.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • The Null Facility archive code is given to you by one of the scientist after the area has been cleared. The NPC is located in the mining section of the facility. I believe it's one of the fat scientists.

Great thanx.
    Another question, if you apply the void substance to a Pokemon in the sewers is it permanent?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2022
    Okay soo what level do start's evolve, and y can't i use thunder stone on my evee?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2022
    That's completely understandable. There are no new patches. To use the patch correctly you just need to replace the original files from the game folder with the patch files. The original Void.rgassd needs to be replaced with the patch Void.rgassd. That's all that's required.

I could be wrong about the Baumasaur line learning earthquake early. I swear it was a change I made, but that might be for the next patch.

Oh easy, thanks for that. The baumasaur earthquake situation isn't that deep so I've just been playing with no earthquake but it doesn't change the fact I'm enjoying the game heaps. Great job on the game!!

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I could be wrong about the Baumasaur line learning earthquake early. I swear it was a change I made, but that might be for the next patch.

FYI Volterric can learn Earthquake as well which can be an early Pokemon if you catch the static Hundy in the Museum stall.

I've just reached the point where the Director (whom I have suspected is our father for some time, there have been several hints that he's a double agent) gives us the option to join Team Runic (or is it him specifically since he mentions that he is going to destroy both the Odin Corp and a Team Runic) and I am wondering does the plot split here? Can you actually be evil?

Or is joining Team Runic possibly good or at least the lesser of two evils perhaps? The Odin Corp. has been pretty suspicious as well.

I could never bring myself to choose to be evil if it were possible but I am curious and think that it's cool when the option exists. If the option does exist I would hope someone on Youtube would do it for me so I can see what happens.

Unrelated question, is there a Ditto equivalent in this game that can breed with anything or an actual Ditto?

UPDATE: I found it on Youtube and choosing to join the Director is just an instant Game Over.

This chase sequence is some of the most difficult gameplay I have ever encountered and is borderline unfair. Knowing this game perhaps it's meant to be, however, nonetheless, it could still use a bit of improvement.
    - Granted I find it difficult to focus on anything except the destination or goal when rushed I can't see a strategy that consistently works. It seems to be pure chance when the damn thing doesn't directly intercept your path in the middle of the hall and sometimes I swear to Arceus the thing actually jumps me when it seems I might be sidestepping it!
    - The one time thus far I have managed to flip both switches I couldn't figure out where to go next so I got caught from running around aimlessly. Again Youtube had to come in. FYI having to turn to Youtube to figure out where to go because either the dialogue is cryptic or entryways are obscured has been a reoccurring issue for me.
    - I as well fell victim to the battle mislead mentioned early in this thread. As suggested a 'run' prompt would be nice and being caught should just reset the event without the impossible battle. I feel Void moves should have been able to damage it but as a guaranteed loss the battle is needless elongating in particular because the creature's move can miss. As I don't doubt several others have, I let myself lose the first time to see if I could get away with it and it missed my Ghillimoss 3 times in a row.
    - It might have been a bit of help if running could be toggled so that one doesn't have to operate 2 keys (run and action to flip the switches) with one hand.
    - I should also point out that if you mount a ride Pokemon before entering the Director choice event you'll be stuck on it for this event because the area disallows mounting and the size of the Pokemon can be a hindrance to character movement in smaller areas. Thankfully I had made a backup copy of my save before the Director's choice just in case it was a plot split (if it wasn't on Youtube I would have explored both paths until I decided which one I preferred).
    To be honest, this whole thing is making it difficult for me to appreciate how awesome this creature is.

UPDATE 2: FINALLY DID IT! I hate to admit this but I was seriously considering asking if someone would be kind enough to do it for me and if not perhaps even quit the game. That's how difficult this was for me. I'm glad I don't have to quit though I am enjoying the game despite the difficulties.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2022
    That's neat. so were the f do i go after the first badge. Really don't fall to sleep after playing this game u wont remember

Back