• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Anime North 2008 is on May 24-26th and it's at the Toronto Convention center. You're really close to it.

I'm cosplaying for it too. :P

Okay, after looking at a map just now, I realized that MA is..really effng far from Toronto. There's um..there's no way I'm gonna be able to make it T_T

..As who? xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Okay, after looking at a map just now, I realized that MA is..really effng far from Toronto. There's um..there's no way I'm gonna be able to make it T_T

..As who? xD

You needed a map to figure that out? lol

Kidding Mike~ <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh, I'd go to Anime North, but my parents would be like "what the hell would you be doing at an anime convention anyway?"... that kind of attitude. I mean, I don't like anime much, but I'd like to see cosplayers and stuff. :P

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Fanime and Anime Expo are the only conventions I'd consider going to. I'm not motivated by a desire to meet PC members in the flesh, however; I've been bugged repeatedly by some of my offline friends to go during high school, and I promised two women on graduation day that I'd go to at least one of those conventions.

If I were to pick only one of those characters to cosplay as, it would most likely be Kyon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Oh, I'd go to Anime North, but my parents would be like "what the hell would you be doing at an anime convention anyway?"... that kind of attitude. I mean, I don't like anime much, but I'd like to see cosplayers and stuff. :P
    I think it's messed up that they would like..judge you for something that you "kind of" like. My opinion is that if you like it, you should go, and they sould just have to get past the fact that you're going. :x

Why not just say "umm, because I want to go?" o.o
    Well they most likely take that as, being a tiny bit of a smart mouth... XD;;;

But, you are right.. XD;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • What's your excuse for not being on MSN? :<

Tyler, me and Karli are going with you to the convention. :D

I'm not sure if I'll cosplay though. XD;

Don't forget me >: My mom is fine with us switching from New York to Toronto, and the cost isn't that much more then flying to New York. I'll have to get my dad to okay it though, which shouldn't be that hard.

I might cosplay if ya'll do, XD

Anime North would be my first anime convention though, for the longest time my parents thought that anime was just a waste of time, so they didn't even consider it XD;

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Happy Birthday PunkerThanThou! hope you have a terrific 17th Birthday. I get that in 10 Days =/

A many thanks...haha. I've been having such a bad week at school, I've been getting *****ed out everywhere. LMAO It really sucks...today wasn't any better unfortunately. :P

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Don't forget me >: My mom is fine with us switching from New York to Toronto, and the cost isn't that much more then flying to New York. I'll have to get my dad to okay it though, which shouldn't be that hard.

Anime North would be my first anime convention though, for the longest time my parents thought that anime was just a waste of time, so they didn't even consider it XD;

..You're going too? T___T

Dude, watch like, half of you not show up xD

Anime conventions..aren't really my thing. I mean, I just don't really myself there with any of you ._.

Plus I would have no one to go with; Dude, all my RL friends are sucky, and only like to get wasted and listen to music. That's it. o_O

Erm..maybe later on I'll check into something like that. One that's actually..somewhat close to where I live xD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I would probably go with a friend to Anime North, but most of my friends hate anime, so... D: And my parents definitely wouldn't go with me, so I'm outta luck. x_x;;

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I thought about going to the convention 'Otakon', but I've watched some videos and, I swear, it's straight-up nerds there. So, I decided to pass on that. XD;

Years
  • Don't forget me >: My mom is fine with us switching from New York to Toronto, and the cost isn't that much more then flying to New York. I'll have to get my dad to okay it though, which shouldn't be that hard.

YEY you never said you were going! Unless I forgot... but that's awesome that you'll cosplay. :P I'm most likely going as Hitsugaya Toshiro or Hisagi Shuuhei. My friend is going as Ichigo and another as Chad.

..You're going too? T___T

Dude, watch like, half of you not show up xD

Anime conventions..aren't really my thing. I mean, I just don't really myself there with any of you ._.

Plus I would have no one to go with; Dude, all my RL friends are sucky, and only like to get wasted and listen to music. That's it. o_O

Erm..maybe later on I'll check into something like that. One that's actually..somewhat close to where I live xD;

Anime conventions should be your thing they are awesome. Dress up, play video games, get anime stuff cheap, it's amazing. :D

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • It's not that amazing, Tyler. XDD; It's cool to go to the things, but I just..can't imagine going as a character. It's just..awkward. T__T

But, if I went too, I'd totally support your decision to dress up.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Don't forget me >: My mom is fine with us switching from New York to Toronto, and the cost isn't that much more then flying to New York. I'll have to get my dad to okay it though, which shouldn't be that hard.

Pfft, you didn't even ask me to come along with you, so of course I wouldn't mention you. >:

Same here. Actually, my parents don't even realize I enjoy watching anime. They hardly know anything about my interests. However, I'm certain they would consider it as a waste of time as well. XD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • My dad saw me watching an anime once. I don't think he cared much, but I still turn it off when he comes in because I don't want him acting all lame and asking what it's about or what is so good about it. >:

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Anime conventions should be your thing they are awesome. Dress up, play video games, get anime stuff cheap, it's amazing. :D

Dude..i don't even really watch anime anymore, and I have no idea who " Hitsugaya Toshiro" is, but i mean, if dressing up as 2-D asian cartoon characters in public is your thing, go for it! :]

My parents don't really know..anything about my interests. Dude..They were convinced I was gay for like, 2 weeks once ._.

If caught watching anime infront of my parents, i would probably get the stereotypical "Dude, why you watch those little chinese cartoons?" Then be laughed at for it. My parents tend to be..verbally abusive ._.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I thought about going to the convention 'Otakon', but I've watched some videos and, I swear, it's straight-up nerds there. So, I decided to pass on that. XD;
    You actually considered going to Otakon? You should have gone, if only to meet all the big-name directors, manga-ka, voice actors, webcomic artists, and musicians.

2003: Johnny Yong Bosch, Justin Cook, Brian Drummond, T.M.Revolution
    2004: Luci Christian, Richard Epcar, Chris Patton, Monica Rial, Christopher Sabat, L'Arc~en~Ciel
    2005: Greg Ayres, Luci Christian, Justin Cook, Richard Ian Cox, Mike McFarland, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Scott McNeil, Vic Mignogna, Seiji Mizushima, Scott Ramsoomair, Monica Rial, Michelle Ruff
    2006: Christine Auten, Troy Baker, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Caitlin Glass, Kate Higgins, Kouta Hirano, Ayako Kawasumi, Nana Kitade, Yuri Lowenthal, Mike McFarland, Monica Rial, Patrick Seitz
    2007: Steven Blum, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Aaron Dismuke, Vic Mignogna, Stephanie Sheh, Michael Sinterniklaas, Tomokazu Seki

All I know is that the owners of Megatokyo and Little Gamers must really like Baltimore a lot, if Wikipedia is to be believed; Fred Gallagher, Christian Fundin, and Pontus Madsen have been Otakon regulars since the early 2000s.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Hmm I'd probably go there for the anime stuff.
    But, if I had the chance to go their, I most likely not dress up as well as klippy said above..XD;
    Don't get me wrong nothing is wrong with it, it's just that it's not my thing.:x;
    * I tried my best to say that without sounding snobbish*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Omg omg omg are more people coming to Anime North? My friend and I are probably volunteering to do a Pokémon panel so everyone has to come to that. And the Pokémon party. And I have to meet all of youuuu. :DD ♥

But yeah, AN isn't just anime. There's a surprising amount of gaming and general content too. Honestly, I'd recommend it more for the experience of going and hanging out with friends. XD;

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • If I went to Anime North, I'd want to go for the commissions @_@
    I've seen a lot of dA artists who go and make commissions at AN.....
    Gah, that'd be fun...either that, Otakon, or Anime Expo is where I really want to go.
    If I had +200 to spend :B

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm not really one for commissions, but I do spend a ton of money in Artist's Alley. @_@ I love bookmarks, lmao. I buy so many of them at cons just to look at. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back