• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Omg omg omg are more people coming to Anime North? My friend and I are probably volunteering to do a Pokémon panel so everyone has to come to that. And the Pokémon party. And I have to meet all of youuuu. :DD ♥

But yeah, AN isn't just anime. There's a surprising amount of gaming and general content too. Honestly, I'd recommend it more for the experience of going and hanging out with friends. XD;

If I went to Anime North, I'd want to go for the commissions @_@
    I've seen a lot of dA artists who go and make commissions at AN.....
    Gah, that'd be fun...either that, Otakon, or Anime Expo is where I really want to go.
    If I had +200 to spend :B
    From what you both say, it does sound like it's kinda cool, but I don't think I'd be allowed to go. ;;
    My parents are VERY overprotective.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Dude..i don't even really watch anime anymore, and I have no idea who " Hitsugaya Toshiro" is, but i mean, if dressing up as 2-D asian cartoon characters in public is your thing, go for it! :]
    Wikipedia has a dossier on the person in question. However, I would have reason to believe that you were better off not knowing about Toshiro Hitsugaya (eat Western name order and die, weeaboo scum) to begin with.

There are quite a few people who make a career out of "dressing up as 2-D asian cartoon characters in public," as you so crudely put it. This woman happens to be one of them. Grab the pics while they're still up.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Wikipedia has a dossier on the person in question. However, I would have reason to believe that you were better off not knowing about Toshiro Hitsugaya (eat Western name order and die, weeaboo scum) to begin with.

There are quite a few people who make a career out of "dressing up as 2-D asian cartoon characters in public," as you so crudely put it. This woman happens to be one of them. Grab the pics while they're still up.

..Yeah dude, but think about it; regaurdless of how you try to reword it, that is..essentially what cosplay is.

..hawt O_O

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Ah, cosplay. The weirdest thing in the world, yet, so intriguing.
    I saw a bunch of Advent Children ones that were done so well! ^_^

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    This might be a stupid question, but what's cosplay?
    o-o;

It's when you dress up as a character and..go around places like that. I guess if you acted like them and did things like the character, that would also apply. But, it's mainly the costume.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    It's when you dress up as a character and..go around places like that. I guess if you acted like them and did things like the character, that would also apply. But, it's mainly the costume.

Like I said, stupid question.. XD;;;
    Thanks anyways~

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    If I went to a convention, I don't think I'd cosplay. :x It would be fun and everything, but I don't have the skills to create a costume nor the money to buy one. I'd probably just go shopping or something.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Haha, I'd be too scared to cosplay. Plus I don't look like any sort of anime character, so if I were to show up at a cosplay they'd be like "Who the heck is she supposed to be?" xD

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    Haha, I'd be too scared to cosplay. Plus I don't look like any sort of anime character, so if I were to show up at a cosplay they'd be like "Who the heck is she supposed to be?" xD

I don't think I'd be scared, but I wouldn't do it for the second reason you stated. XD I don't know of many characters that have blue eyes and dark brown hair, and I don't want to have to dye it or wear a wig.

Years
    If I went to a convention, I don't think I'd cosplay. :x It would be fun and everything, but I don't have the skills to create a costume nor the money to buy one. I'd probably just go shopping or something.

ACK!

But you haff tah!

And as for the hair part just buy some temporary dye. I have to dye my hair white or purple if I go as Hitsugaya or Hisagi. XD

I don't have the skills to do it either, so I'm gonna get my mom and sister to help. XD

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    ACK!

But you haff tah!

And as for the hair part just buy some temporary dye. I have to dye my hair white or purple if I go as Hitsugaya or Hisagi. XD

I don't have the skills to do it either, so I'm gonna get my mom and sister to help. XD

I don't HAVE to. XD And I don't even want to use that temporary dye crud.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't think I'd be scared, but I wouldn't do it for the second reason you stated. XD I don't know of many characters that have blue eyes and dark brown hair, and I don't want to have to dye it or wear a wig.

I just don't know any half-black characters with mini-afros (a.k.a. really curly hair) :]

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    ACK!

But you haff tah!

lol
    You are going to put your poor mother and sister to work, with no pay?
    D':

I don't HAVE to. XD And I don't even want to use that temporary dye crud.
    YUS !!!
    It takes forever to get that junk out of your hair!! >-<;

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    My situation is the reverse of yours. I'd love to cosplay, and my physical appearance lends itself to portraying numerous characters.

However, like Karli, I just don't have the money to buy a costume or the time and sewing skills required to make one myself. At this point in time, the most I can do is just get a suit jacket, doctor it to look like a North High uniform blazer, and attempt to pass as Kyon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm just really shy ~.o
    I have zero sewing skills whatsoever, so, even if I wanted to, I could never make a cosplay costume. D:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    If I cosplay, I'll probably have to order it from somewhere. I'd have no idea how to make my own, and it'd probably turn out really bad. ^^; I'm not sure who I'll cosplay as, I was thinking of going as Kyon or maybe Light. I already look a little like them, and they don't have any complicated or uncomfortable looking outfits, XD;

Years
    If I cosplay, I'll probably have to order it from somewhere. I'd have no idea how to make my own, and it'd probably turn out really bad. ^^; I'm not sure who I'll cosplay as, I was thinking of going as Kyon or maybe Light. I already look a little like them, and they don't have any complicated or uncomfortable looking outfits, XD;

I was actually talking to Karli about going as Kyon and her going as Haruhi, but she doesn't want to. ;; XD

She thinks she doesn't look like any anime character and she'll look stupid. I'm cosplaying for sure though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back