• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • I joined for pokemon, and stayed for pokemon, friennds, and to discuss other animes and other random topics

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I joined for friends. I stayed for friends, Gundam, Haruhi, roleplaying, and various other things that are completely and utterly unrelated to Pokémon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Originally joined for Pokémon, joined again for a friend, stayed for Pokémon, and now I'm just here before I love the atmosphere. It's also nice that most of my friends are here. XD;

I stick to the non-Pokémon forums too, though I poke my head in some of the non-gaming forums a few times a week. :x

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I think the general population come for Pokémon, but stay for friends/other things. Some do keep up with the Pokémon stuff, but I, like most, have drifted from it. XD

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went for me. I joined mainly for the anime board, but then grew out of it when the anime went down hill, then I stayed because of my friends

Now I just post around whenever a thread catches my attention XD;

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't even remember why I joined .___. I didn't like pokemon much anymore when I did. I think it might have been for fanfiction XD

But yeah, like most people, I stayed because my friends here are just too cool to leave ;____; So I lurk around different areas :3

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I joined up because, while on my friends computer, after checking his IE history, I saw this site. I made fun of him for a while after realizing that he used to hang out at a pokemon forum online in his free time, then 2 nights later at 3 AM out of complete boredom (I was..Kinda drunk too :D), i decided to join up here. I never actually found out what his username at this site was, or ever let him know that I like..actually registered in fear that he might give me the same verbal beatdown he gave me, though <_<

I joined up for pokemon..kinda. I used to post in all those newb poke-fanclubs, but i'm really only still here because of friends o_O

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I miss..like..my first 5 months at PC. XD

It was always fun and more active. Not saying it isn't flourishing nowadays. It just used to have tons of people on, it was cool.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Well actually, if you look back through archives, more people are online at once nowadays than ever before. o_o

Oh..well..you shut me up. XD

Even if there are more on now, a lot of them are just starting out, not veterans. That's what I meant, even though I didn't say that, nor did I imply it. :x

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Oh my GOD. Forum nostalgia...xD

FORTUNATELY, I've stopped going on forums. To be perfectly honest, in my personal humble opinion they are incredibly detrimental to the mind. It's true, they're fun and addicting but the things they did to my grades and myself were almost irreversable. There are some real douches out there, and I used to
    take it personally...

...Other than that I remember this place back in the day...2003-2005ish...SO different.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I've never been on another forum besides PC for any longer than a week or two.
    And the purpose for joining was only to get a question answered or something.
    Actually...that's why I joined PC XD
    If it wasn't for that hacked Deoxys~~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was lured into PC for discussing PokéSpecial manga... I stopped doing that very early x)

I recently joined and got modded on a forum my friend here made. Newer forums can be pretty non-serious in their appearance... PC is like, professional in comparison to these kinds of forums.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Well, the forum's been up for 5 years and it's being paid for.
    I'm sure that has its benefits. ROM hacking, wireless trading/battling, and the manga are my guess at what brings people in.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Probably. And the thing that makes people start new forums of their own is probably... mostly the wish to own something, or be mod/admin when they can't be that themselves here or in other big forums.
    I'm not being mean to forum founders now, it can't be easy to host a forum.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    There is no way managing a forum such as this is easy, Fable.

Me? I'm a member on twelve different forums and haven't left any of them, although I've been on PC the longest.

Years
  • PC is the only forum that's important to me, even though I'm a member on others but never post. :B

I actually WANT to post here, nowhere else is fun. :P

I feel exactly the same way.

I browsed and saw how interesting the OC and OVP forums were. Also i love poetry, so this forum had it all. I did join in the end.

And its cool, because i've only been a member for 11 days, and i now have my own PC family -.-

I'm cool like that. All i know is, that i'm gonna stay here at PC.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    PC is the only forum that's important to me, even though I'm a member on others but never post. :B

I actually WANT to post here, nowhere else is fun. :P

That's true! I joined pe2K this summer holidays, but I hardly posted anything at all (that could have been because you have a lot of other things to do in summer but...) Then I came back a while ago when I'd joined PC and rediscovered pe2K, but I'm totally inactive there now as well. The same goes for a couple of more forums.
    PC has the... that... feeling. Perhaps it's because they're still working on a better slogan?
    jk.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Yeah, PC is the only forum I post to regularly. I've joined loads of forums, like when friends make them etc, but none of them are as fun to post on. <3

Years
  • Yeah, PC is the only forum I post to regularly. I've joined loads of forums, like when friends make them etc, but none of them are as fun to post on. <3

That explains me just as well!

If i'm correct, i've joined 16 forums. This the only one i've posted on regularly(i've only been here for 11 days xD).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    11 days is a long time on PC.... feels like ages ago I got my PC family here. But it's pretty new.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back