• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
yes, usually its not smart, but if its really small it becomes over pixelated and then it looks crappy. I see your point however.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
yes, I see the point too, so I am just gonna put what Azura posted in the game and make sure it works. Besides that, no updates, as WHALESDUDE is probably gonna redo my maps, or just make some new ones. Either way, no updates.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
um... I dont care, its up to you. And Azura, where do I put that code? Somewhere in the scripts or what?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
You put that block of code whenever you need to call a bitmap that needs to be resized. If you are calling a picture from the event editor, you'll need to put that code in the Interpreter class. Search for the method for Show Picture and then edit it. If you need further help on this, ask me again and I'll post a step-by-step guide to it.

DaVince said:
Resizing the image files is NOT smart because the filesize will double, and that isn't nothing for 386 Pokémon. So use the code that was suggested before. Recolours are a different story, though.
That's wrong. I resized the first 151 Pokémons and they are 1kb each. In PNG, the size is not really important. When you save a PNG file, it saves all layers and stuff like that. But if you export your PNG file, you'll have a flatten bitmap, short sized.

Get ready to valentines day (L),

~Azura.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
AzuraBR said:
You put that block of code whenever you need to call a bitmap that needs to be resized. If you are calling a picture from the event editor, you'll need to put that code in the Interpreter class. Search for the method for Show Picture and then edit it. If you need further help on this, ask me again and I'll post a step-by-step guide to it.

That's wrong. I resized the first 151 Pokémons and they are 1kb each. In PNG, the size is not really important. When you save a PNG file, it saves all layers and stuff like that. But if you export your PNG file, you'll have a flatten bitmap, short sized.

Get ready to valentines day (L),

~Azura.

Ya......... um..................... I don't get it :P

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Ok.
Are you using an event to call the pictures, using the command Show Picture?

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
no, I make the actors battle character one of the pokemon and use a script to make the picture show.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Ok, post the script you use to make the picture show.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
$pkmn.show_pkmn = true
$game_switches[1] = false

I dont know the actual script because, for the millionth time, SK

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Press F11 and seach for "Sprite_Battler" class.

Then search for this line (update method):

self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)

After that line, paste this code:

self.zoom_x = 2
self.zoom_y = 2

In the end you'll have:

# ビットマップを取得、設定
@battler_name = @battler.battler_name
@battler_hue = @battler.battler_hue
self.bitmap = RPG::Cache.battler(@battler_name, @battler_hue)
self.zoom_x = 2
self.zoom_y = 2
@width = bitmap.width
@height = bitmap.height
self.ox = @width / 2
self.oy = @height

^^,

~Azura.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
That helps a lot man, thank you so much:). Now can you show me how to make it zoom the pokemon when you are looking at your party and when you are looking at the pokemon's summary?

Thanks a bunch,
RMXPUser

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
Oh hey RMXPuser, I'm working on your maps. Its ok if I change ANYthing right? Some of it is very wide open and needs a bit of closing up. Are you ok with that?

Berino

Graphics Artist
Years
Hey, this is lookinbg great. I love the idea and the storyline.

I would love to help with mapping and any graphics (like the menu).

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Ya whales, you can change anything. If you would, though, make the 3rd town have a cave and more of a "ghostly" appearence, because that is where theotherfreakguy is gonna be the gym leader at :).

EDIT: Here is a map of the second town, done by Whalesdude

screeny.jpg

Deleted and reposted, mainly to bump... :P

I need someone to help me make some custom sprites. If anyone can help, please PM me.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
got a place there for full perfect music looping? i will be glad to help on that. (non midis)
cant work with midis for this, so mp3's or other music types would be perfect.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
so i see people are still interested in this game! and by the way, the reason you haven't seen a response is because my last post was over a year ago :P

i'd like to tell you all that this game IS still in progress, and most of the screenies are out-dated. we've been working vigorously on our custom dex, and the storyline is coming together rather nicely too. as a special treat, i'll have an update for you all within the next week ;)

@neminoa: show me an example of your work, both maps and sprites, and i'll see about it ;)

@sonic: same to you, lemme see an example of your work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back