• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Z (Fakemon Hack | Complete | v1.2.0 available! Material drop system implemented!)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hi. I'm Celeste. My first ROM hack, Pokémon Fire Red Advanced, was finished over six years ago, and it's a charming little thing, but it's from a long-gone era, when the Fairy-type was novel and everyone was using MrDollSteak's base and I thought I was a boy. Times have changed. We've all matured.

My second hack was Pokémon Emerald Advanced, a project that in retrospect was ultimately too ambitious to succeed with my skill at the time, which is why it remains unfinished, stuck forever at gym 6. But I liked a lot of the ideas that went into it. There was a spark of something solid there.

I made other hacks from then to now, but most too minor to mention. (Hey, Viva Las Vega enjoyers.) I grew busy, I gained other interests, but something in me still had that desire to create.

Thus, here we are. I present a project that in some ways scales back those lofty ambitions, but in other ways far exceeds anything I could have dreamed of back then. I give you Pokémon Emerald Z.

w8Ia2wI.png

What it is:
A hack of Pokémon Emerald that contains, among other things, over 100 Fakemon with thoughtful designs and high-quality sprites, a carefully-curated Pokédex, shuffled Gym Leaders, buffs to weak Pokémon, some new maps, and a lot of love.

What it is not:
A difficulty hack, an includes-every-Pokémon hack, a quality-of-life hack, a source of free Fakemon, a peanut-free product, a blood sacrifice to the dark god Ba'al, an illustrated guide to cold fusion, affiliated in any way with Elon Musk.

That's the gist. Here are some screenshots. I'll provide some more details in spoilers below, if you want to peruse. Thanks for reading. I hope you give it a try, and I hope, if you do, that you have fun.

9fHus4w.png
Ymz8qXl.png
FOm9WNO.png
knjCJOE.png
UvtCP5f.png

OD7dEUY.png
itwFaAh.png
x6Iy5PA.png
Xpk60xK.png
RbDFVjL.png

oU7C4vJ.png
ay1bHCZ.png
G1jD9DL.png
YFUmHeL.png
rdvUe9W.png

0jZZZPW.png
69POnKQ.png
NoSkots.png
WqcxCQq.png
xNUVDRn.png

KsObPGd.png
uTWQLYe.png
ePFDW9f.png
y8NS0EH.png
ZjW0Kee.png

Spoiler: I'd like more details, please

Spoiler: I'd like to see the available Pokémon, please

Spoiler: I'd like details on the available Pokémon, please

Spoiler: I'd like to learn any known bugs, please

Spoiler: I'd like to ask another question, please

Spoiler: I'd like a hint, please

Spoiler: I'd like to see the credits, please

Spoiler: I'd like to download it, please

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen yesterday
Can you catch the other starters in this hack? Or do they need to be edited in?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
It seems like Scavenger is bugged - upon activating, it restores HP as normal, and then displays the "There was no PP left for the move!" text before replacing your moveset with the KO'd Pokemon's.
Pokemon Emerald-2.png

Days
  • Seen yesterday
hello I downloaded version 1.0 only I don't know how to launch the game with the emulator, I don't have an application folder apart from "nups" thanks in advance the game looks great

Days
  • Seen yesterday
Just patch the trashman file to trashman emerald using marco robledo online patcher
I don't really understand I did what you said but I don't have anything usable to launch the game, but thank you for your answer

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Online now
Yooo the sprite work is clean!! I love Fakemon hacks so I'll definitely be checking this out later!

lweege

Lweegiel
Years
Hi. I'm Celeste. My first ROM hack, Pokémon Fire Red Advanced, was finished over six years ago, and it's a charming little thing, but it's from a long-gone era, when the Fairy-type was novel and everyone was using MrDollSteak's base and I thought I was a boy. Times have changed. We've all matured.

My second hack was Pokémon Emerald Advanced, a project that in retrospect was ultimately too ambitious to succeed with my skill at the time, which is why it remains unfinished, stuck forever at gym 6. But I liked a lot of the ideas that went into it. There was a spark of something solid there.

I made other hacks from then to now, but most too minor to mention. (Hey, Viva Las Vega enjoyers.) I grew busy, I gained other interests, but something in me still had that desire to create.

Thus, here we are. I present a project that in some ways scales back those lofty ambitious, but in other ways far exceeds anything I could have dreamed of back then. I give you Pokémon Emerald Z.

w8Ia2wI.png

What it is:
A hack of Pokémon Emerald that contains, among other things, over 100 Fakemon with thoughtful designs and high-quality sprites, a carefully-curated Pokédex, shuffled Gym Leaders, buffs to weak Pokémon, some new maps, and a lot of love.

What it is not:
A difficulty hack, an includes-every-Pokémon hack, a quality-of-life hack, a source of free Fakemon, a peanut-free product, a blood sacrifice to the dark god Ba'al, an illustrated guide to cold fusion, affiliated in any way with Elon Musk.

That's the gist. Here are some screenshots. I'll provide some more details in spoilers below, if you want to peruse. Thanks for reading. I hope you give it a try, and I hope, if you do, that you have fun.

9fHus4w.png
Ymz8qXl.png
FOm9WNO.png
knjCJOE.png
UvtCP5f.png

OD7dEUY.png
itwFaAh.png
x6Iy5PA.png
Xpk60xK.png
RbDFVjL.png

oU7C4vJ.png
ay1bHCZ.png
G1jD9DL.png
YFUmHeL.png
rdvUe9W.png

Tnw4yj8.png
69POnKQ.png
NoSkots.png
cXEUgfL.png
xNUVDRn.png

KsObPGd.png
uTWQLYe.png
ePFDW9f.png
y8NS0EH.png
ZjW0Kee.png

Spoiler: I'd like more details, please

Spoiler: I'd like to see the available Pokémon, please

Spoiler: I'd like details on the available Pokémon, please

Spoiler: I'd like to learn any known bugs, please

Spoiler: I'd like to ask another question, please

Spoiler: I'd like a hint, please

Spoiler: I'd like to see the credits, please

Spoiler: I'd like to download it, please
Is there a way to check the EVs of your Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Emerald Z v.1.0.1 is now available to download! Normally I wouldn't put out a new patch so soon, but this solves two relatively important bugs - one because it affects a very common and early Pokémon, and one because it's a softlock.

Spoiler: Changelog

Can you catch the other starters in this hack? Or do they need to be edited in?
This is answered in the first post, but yes, you can. It's done through a specific method, however.
hello I downloaded version 1.0 only I don't know how to launch the game with the emulator, I don't have an application folder apart from "nups" thanks in advance the game looks great
NUPS is the patching application used to apply the .ups patch included in the download to an Emerald ROM, which you have to acquire yourself.
The move Incinerate keeps me hang my emulator (I'm using MyBoy GBA) ANDROID
Unfortunately this hack was tested on and made for mGBA, as it's the most accurate GBA emulator, so I can't guarantee it'll play perfectly on other emulators.
hay does anyone know where u get bottle caps in this game?
There's a few Bottle Caps available in the overworld and as hidden items. The repeatable methods are through the Pacifidlog Fan Club man and very rarely via Rock Smash.
Is there a way to check the EVs of your Pokemon?
No, there is not - this is not a game where you need to optimize your EVs. That said, EV-reducing berries are available in the Fallarbor Hyper Training Station.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Hey, this isn't a game-breaking issue, but most alternative forms of existing species (eg. west gastrodon, rotom forms) either have invalid cries or just bulbasaur's cry. the roaming legendary's alternate form also has a pokedex index of 0 too.

Back