• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Altered Platinum - Sinnohan Forms, Increased Difficulty, and more!

Should I buff defenses to compensate for no EVs? (See post on page 4)

• Total voters

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
    Hello Lithobraker May I Please use the Sinnohan Form Sprites? I want to modify Pokemon Mogul Platinum I plan to Modify it by Adding Sprites like Sinnohan Forms and some Diamond and Pearl Beta Sprites, Changing The Types of Certain Pokemon like Togepi to Grass Fairy Type and It's other Evolutions to Grass Flying Type also Changing some regular Pokemon Like Gyarados to Water Dragon Type and Magikarp to Normal Water Type, Changing The Starters, Randomizing Wild Pokemon in Certain areas, Maybe turn certain pokemon shiny sprites into the default Colored Sprites, and Maybe add some New Pokemon, also I plan on asking Ludwig if I can Modify Mogul Platinum

No thanks, I'd much rather you make your own.

Skyzor

Revha
    Years
    This game is awesome. It's a beautiful rom hack, and Sinnohan Scyther is my precious.

I love how you buffed ice, I think that's a great idea, but I think Bug could use the same treatment.

Fairy resistance and water resistance are my two suggestions, it would make it a much better defensive type.

Oh, and Super Effectiveness against Ghost to complete the Psychic/Dark/Ghost Trio.

As it is now, bug (probably in my top 5 types) is still a detriment to most Pokémon. I don't think these changes would be gamebreaking, but it would be the help bug has needed for years.

Either way, I love your game. It's really fun.

Otherwise, no notes. 10/10

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has been crazy for a while, and on top of that I still don't have motivation to work on it more. But once I do, you can expect to see some fixes, at the very least.

This game is awesome. It's a beautiful rom hack, and Sinnohan Scyther is my precious.

I love how you buffed ice, I think that's a great idea, but I think Bug could use the same treatment.

Fairy resistance and water resistance are my two suggestions, it would make it a much better defensive type.

Oh, and Super Effectiveness against Ghost to complete the Psychic/Dark/Ghost Trio.

As it is now, bug (probably in my top 5 types) is still a detriment to most Pokémon. I don't think these changes would be gamebreaking, but it would be the help bug has needed for years.

Either way, I love your game. It's really fun.

Otherwise, no notes. 10/10

I've kept the changes limited to the Ice type to make things easier to remember. I might tweak the Bug type, but at the moment I think most Bug types are in a good spot in Altered.

@lithobraker does the exp share have the gen 6 mechanics ?

No, that's one thing I have no idea how to change. The EXP Share still functions like it did in the original game.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    I just want to thank you for making this rom. The new dialogue is weirdly enough my favorite feature, it was so refreshing. Whenever I play something else now, I dearly miss it.
    I enjoyed exploring the new sinnohan forms. Regrettably, the hack felt a little too easy to keep my attention, but that's on me for normally playing very hard difficulty hacks.

Objectively, the random route trainers can feel off, it's what ultimately caused me to lose interest in the game. Best (although anecdotal) example is the double battle just past Gardenia, who use level 27~ smoochum, magby, elekid and among other stuff. At this point all your pokémon have evolved and I was staring them down with... aerodactyl and crobat.

There's also Fantina, whose team is at risk of being a big do-nothing battle, she attacked no more than three times throughout the fight, wasting the rest on setup moves that achieved nothing. My pokémon had end game moves at this point, while her lanturn used bubblebeam, also a thing that stood out to me here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2024
    So I have a very simple question regarding a change. Why did you give Kricketot a 50 point increase in special attack, but not give it access to a special move? This makes the stat change on it 100% useless. Even a non-stab move, like swift, would be reasonable, or even mud slap[which is a tutor move for Kricketot, low power, BUT is special]. In the current state, Kricketot is essentially unchanged

Also, on top of this, Kricketune, despite being made into a special attacker, still tries to learn Fury Cutter on Evo, instead of something like Silver Wind, which would be more fitting[or once again, Swift, now that it's a normal type]. In fact, other than Absorb, Kricketune learns NO special moves until level 28! Which is ABSURD! The attack stat was nerfed greatly, and yet, the moves it learns are ALL physical until that point, making it extremely hard to use early game

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
    So I have a very simple question regarding a change. Why did you give Kricketot a 50 point increase in special attack, but not give it access to a special move? This makes the stat change on it 100% useless. Even a non-stab move, like swift, would be reasonable, or even mud slap[which is a tutor move for Kricketot, low power, BUT is special]. In the current state, Kricketot is essentially unchanged

Also, on top of this, Kricketune, despite being made into a special attacker, still tries to learn Fury Cutter on Evo, instead of something like Silver Wind, which would be more fitting[or once again, Swift, now that it's a normal type]. In fact, other than Absorb, Kricketune learns NO special moves until level 28! Which is ABSURD! The attack stat was nerfed greatly, and yet, the moves it learns are ALL physical until that point, making it extremely hard to use early game

Kricketune doesn't learn any special moves until 28 because of its ridiculous stats and access to Adaptability. It's already got 130 SpA and 105 Spe, which would make it essentially an instant win button early on if it could learn something like Silver Wind before anything else has access to really strong moves.
    You could think of it as pre-28 Kricketune being a sort of middle stage between Kricketot and full-power Kricketune. It 'evolves' at Level 28.

Incidentally, the 22-28 range is about where a lot of strong early/mid game Pokemon evolve, like Breloom or the Sinnohan Kanto bugs.
    I could see about tweaking the stats a bit to make it easier to raise once I get around to making another update, but it's important to keep in mind that A LOT of Pokemon are MUCH harder to raise than Kricketune is.
    Some Pokemon still have awful stats until they evolve within the 40-50 range, and even outside of those, the vast majority don't come into their own until 30-38. Raising Pokemon like this is just a part of the team building experience, I think.

Lithobraker

Years
    It turns out I have plenty of stuff to just release the update already, actually. So I made a few tweaks to Kricketot and Kricketune and released.
    I haven't updated the shiny previews on the OP to reflect Buizel/Floatzel's new colors because Imgur is acting up.

Edit- Oh yeah, I kinda forgot to comment on the setup move changes. This change was made a while ago. With setup as it was, you could easily win almost any battle by spamming setup, since the AI won't usually switch.
    To compensate at least a little bit, most setup moves now only have 1 PP. Considering how the lack of EVs nerfs defensive Pokemon already, I think this is a fair trade. It also prevents the AI from stupidly just spamming setup moves and not actually attacking, making AI setup sweepers potentially more dangerous, and definitely more consistent.
    Moves with 1 PP also can't have their PP raised with items, so they're stuck at 1.
    Double Team now also acts as a copy of Agility instead of raising evasion, making it more useful and less cheesy.
    The one downside is that since PP isn't refunded after battles, you'll have to continually refill the PP of setup moves in the field. But since setup isn't generally necessary for wild Pokemon and normal trainers, and since PP-restoring items are more accessible thanks to the Veilstone Dept. Store, I think it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2024
    I will say, something I forgot about, is that Kricketune gets Hidden Power, and that's a REALLY great move early game[and even late if you get a good type]
    I got one that has Steel, so that's really nice as a neutral move, or an Ice/Rock/Fairy breaker

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi, just letting you know Triple Axel seems to be a bit buggy. On my (Technician) Weavile it feels like it's not hitting as hard as it should. I think the hits aren't boosted by Technician when they should be? Unless that was intentional.

Lithobraker

Years
    Hi, just letting you know Triple Axel seems to be a bit buggy. On my (Technician) Weavile it feels like it's not hitting as hard as it should. I think the hits aren't boosted by Technician when they should be? Unless that was intentional.

Hmm, well, Triple Axel should never exceed 50 BP with its modified effect. It does work a bit differently- it starts at 30 BP and increases by 10 for each hit, instead of starting at 20 and increasing by 20.
    But the total BP should still be 120, just like the original Triple Axel.
    I can't do anything with this kind of info, though. There could be any number of reasons why it feels weak to you, besides the move not functioning properly.

Years
    • Online now
    On Mt. Coronet, there's a Galactic Grunt with a Sinnohan Ariados, a Sinnohan Forretress, and a Persian. But according to the docs, they should have a Yanmega instead of a Forretress. Which one are they supposed to have?

Lithobraker

Years
    On Mt. Coronet, there's a Galactic Grunt with a Sinnohan Ariados, a Sinnohan Forretress, and a Persian. But according to the docs, they should have a Yanmega instead of a Forretress. Which one are they supposed to have?

Released a minor patch fixing this and another minor issue. Sorry for the delay, I've just been busy with other things.

r1.0.4
    Fixed an error where Mars's Magnezone has an incorrect moveset during the Lake Verity battle.
    Fixed both Galactic Grunts on Mt. Coronet 6F having a Forretress when only one was intended to. Now the one with the Ariados has the Forretress, and the one with the Golbat has a Yanmega.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Released a minor patch fixing this and another minor issue. Sorry for the delay, I've just been busy with other things.

r1.0.4
    Fixed an error where Mars's Magnezone has an incorrect moveset during the Lake Verity battle.
    Fixed both Galactic Grunts on Mt. Coronet 6F having a Forretress when only one was intended to. Now the one with the Ariados has the Forretress, and the one with the Golbat has a Yanmega.
    Hey so I was checking the Doc after using Cranidos, and he doesn't learn Dragon Dance at lv. 30, instead he learns Screech.

Days
    • Seen today
    Hey was wondering if the Box Sprites for the Sinnohan Forms were available anywhere? To clarify not going to use them anywhere, just like making spreadsheets to plan teams, and Roserade and Flygon are definitely going to make the cut :)

Back