• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Altered Platinum - Sinnohan Forms, Increased Difficulty, and more!

Should I buff defenses to compensate for no EVs? (See post on page 4)

• Total voters

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
    Was playing through and enjoying the romhack so far, amazing work, but I did come across a drop in stats when evolving my Raichu from Pikachu in the early 30's.
    Pikachus stats were 77-74-37-72-39-89
    Raichus were 94-56-60-85-72-71
    While gaining 50 stats, Raichu heavily loses stats in attack and speed, while I assume this is intended from looking at how their base stats line up, I haven't found mention of it anywhere.

Edit: Wanted to add that the main reason I bring it up is because the drop in attack stat makes waiting until Pikachu learns Wild Charge basically useless, As you'd rather run Thunderbolt and Discharge with the heightened SpAtk stat imo.

Pikachu is meant to be used with a Light Ball as an alternative to Raichu-S. Raichu-S is more of a tank with good Special Attack, whereas Pikachu is a fast, squishy mixed attacker.
    I boosted Pikachu's stats to try and make it more worthwhile, though I haven't really tested it out myself to see if that was true.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    Pikachu is meant to be used with a Light Ball as an alternative to Raichu-S. Raichu-S is more of a tank with good Special Attack, whereas Pikachu is a fast, squishy mixed attacker.
    I boosted Pikachu's stats to try and make it more worthwhile, though I haven't really tested it out myself to see if that was true.

That makes sense sure, and PIkachu did feel worthwhile with the lightball, I just wanted to make sure the decrease in Stats was recorded and intentional. My only real issue with the stats drooping was that my Pikachu was fairly well rounded ATK/SPATK wise, so when leveling by the moveset guide in documentation, I felt wild charge would be more useful for coverage, then realized after evolution that Discharge or basically any other special move is better on Raichu, Its quite a bit of a drop to go from 74 ATK to 56, and in my case, is an issue fixed by going to the move relearner, not a huge deal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2022
    I'm playing this hack as a HC nuzlocke and everything has been going pretty well until Maylene, I lost a few mons and I was wondering, could it be possible for someone to do a custom damage calculator for the game? changing everything by myself in the classic showdown calc is kinda discouraging lmao.
    If I could do it I would, but I don't know anything about coding sadly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    Electivire's abilities don't match the documentation, my electivire has vital spirit when according to the doc it should have iron fist. Also the docs say Blastoise has Torrent instead of Filter

Lithobraker

Years
    Electivire's abilities don't match the documentation, my electivire has vital spirit when according to the doc it should have iron fist. Also the docs say Blastoise has Torrent instead of Filter

Thanks for the bug report, fixed that in the latest version, b1.5.3. This also properly updates the version shown on the pause menu- which I forgot to change last time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    oh wow that was really fast, which makes me feel awkward about reporting a very similar bug i found later (after you responded), but i may as well: probopass has lightning rod instead of volt absorb
    idk if you can tell though, but i'm having a lot of fun with this hack and all the super-buffed mons. makes it really fun to nuzlocke cause you basically get no bad encounters. kudos to you

Bice

Suffer More
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024

The cheat file Pokeman provided didn't work for me, so I found a more effective method in the form of hex editing, as detailed in the description of this video.
    Open the patched Altered Platinum rom with a hex editor (I use HxD), and locate values "25 63" in offset 00004DB0. Change the "25 63" to "00 00", and you'll have uncapped FPS. So far, it seems to work perfectly fine, even with Bug Bite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Fishing is not available on the Lake Verity early. From what I found, the water level rises after the Galaxy Team event, but is it possible to modify it to enable fishing from the beginning?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    Just wondering, is there a way to change abilities? loving this idea, excited to play through it.

Lithobraker

Years
    Sorry about the wait! I got REALLY into Kerbal Space Program, and just wasn't motivated. At least now I have several fixes I can push out!

b1.5.4
    Fixed Volkner having the wrong Rotom forms in both battles where he uses one.
    Fixed the Galactic Grunt in the Team Galactic Eterna Building having a Glameow instead of a Swablu.
    Fixed Probopass having Lightningrod instead of Volt Absorb.

Lithobraker

Years
    Just wondering, is there a way to change abilities? loving this idea, excited to play through it.

Sadly, no. I would ABSOLUTELY implement Ability Capsules if it were possible/if I knew how. You can use a save editor to do it, I won't judge you!

Fishing is not available on the Lake Verity early. From what I found, the water level rises after the Galaxy Team event, but is it possible to modify it to enable fishing from the beginning?

If it is, I have no clue how to do it. Is there any particular Pokemon you want to catch, though? Depending on which one it is, I could see if I can move it to an earlier point in the game for you!

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    For some reason Maylene is not in her gym, she just doesn't exist for some reason. I'll attach a screenshot to show what I mean. Pokémon Altered Platinum - Sinnohan Forms, Increased Difficulty, and more!

Lithobraker

Years
    For some reason Maylene is not in her gym, she just doesn't exist for some reason. I'll attach a screenshot to show what I mean. View attachment 102192

I'm not sure how this is possible, I haven't made any script changes to Maylene's gym at all. Unfortunately, it's also impossible for me to test without starting a new file and playing through the game up to this point.
    Loading a previous save from before defeating Maylene and re-loading the Gym shows that she's present. Are you sure you didn't somehow come here early, before defeating Fantina? I don't recall if that's possible, but if it is, I would think Maylene would be absent.

Edit: I did some digging through the game files and figured out what's going on. You have to talk to Maylene on Route 217 to get her to appear in her gym, she'll give you the Focus Blast TM for your trouble too.

Last edited:

KaijinCat

Kaijin-Cat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    Nvm all fixed! Just got the wrong version. Thanks to me remembering to read on how to install it XD.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    After the newest update 1.5.4 my Furret-S's ability doesn't show as Scrappy, it is Keen Eye. It was Scrappy in 1.4.1 and I just updated today.

Lithobraker

Years
    After the newest update 1.5.4 my Furret-S's ability doesn't show as Scrappy, it is Keen Eye. It was Scrappy in 1.4.1 and I just updated today.

It should be impossible for a Pokemon's ability to be changed by an update; the game only checks what ability a Pokemon is supposed to have when it's created, or when it evolves. This is why you can use a save file editor to change your Pokemon's ability without it getting changed back.

Plus, in the game files I used to compile the latest update, Furret's ability shows as Scrappy. I don't know what's going on on your end, but you should just use a save editor to change it back.

Years
    • Seen today
    According to the docs, Ty and Sue should have a Volbeat and an Illumise. But instead, they have a Lopunny and a Floatzel. What Pokemon are they supposed to have?

Also, Ace Trainer Maya has a Lickilicky, but according to the docs, she should have a Lickitung.

EDIT: Scientist Shaun should have a Sinnohan Altaria according to the docs, but instead he has an Electrode.

EDIT 2: Bird Keeper Brianna has a Dodrio, a Skarmory, and a Sinnohan Altaria. But according to the docs, her team is Dodrio, Fearow, and Skarmory. Is she supposed to have a Fearow or a Sinnohan Altaria?

Last edited:
    Back