• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to dragon-type fan-club, Zapdos!

Although Rayquaza wasn't my first ever dragon-type, similarly to you, it's also one of my favorites. It's the master of Weather Trio, as fans would like to call it, as it has effect to negate all effects of weather conditions (sun, rain, hail, sandstorm, you name it!), as well as generally boost power of flying-type Pokémon. This is rather powerful, if you ask me.

Its design is very sweet overall, too, at least in my eyes, and its mega-evolution form is even more so. If it were up to me to put together a structure for it, I know I definitely couldn't have done (or at least imagined) it any better.

Years
Yay! Another fan of Hydreigon, like me! Even though it got really cut out for it by Fairy-types in Generation VI, it's still a fun Pokémon to use with its great Special Attack stat, and is one i've always liked even since BW.

And with Rayquaza, that's a legendary that leaves me with awful memories trying to catch it in RSE x_x

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I suppose it's time for a new topic?

If you could change/add a type to any dragon type, what would it be and why?

Years
Goodra deserves to be a Poison-type, because its pre-evolutions resides in a swamp and it can learn Poison-type attacks. Granted, we already have Dragalge, but that thing isn't very useful at all except for Adaptability (which, admittedly, is pretty yummy). It could also allow it to stand more of a chance against Fairy-types, even though its Special Defense stat is already really high as it is.

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
Years
I would remove the flying types from the dragons. Just because most of the dragons are already able to fly. Al the flying type does is giving an accent to the flying part.

Also updated the memberlist, welcome everyone C:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Also updated the memberlist, welcome everyone C:[/color]
Oh btw some of the names on the member list are a little outdated. It still has me listed as Salt&PepperDiner, Pendraflare as Stargazer, Sonata as O'aka XXIII, and Wiicked as Wicked 3DS, just to name a few.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
What happened to this club? New topic:

What type do you want to see paired with Dragon-type?

Either new or one that's been done before, doesn't matter.

I want to see a Bug/Dragon really badly, I just think they could do some really cool stuff with it. I'd also like to see a Poison/Dragon, Dragalge just isn't enough like a dragon to me and I'd like to see a more traditional dragon.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
The owner of the bug and poison type clubs would pick those wouldnt he? Haha

Id say more dragon and fairies cause with my mega altaria its amazing and id love to see more and a dragon and ice type! So cool!!!!! Like really id love it i dont think we have any besides kyurem but we need better haha!

Edit: i see dragalge as a water and poison more than dragon and poison although the typing is needed!

Last edited:
Years

I already talked about how I think the Bug-type would be a cool pair to go with the Dragon-type, since there are quite a few Pokémon already existing that I think would have made neat Bug/Dragon-types, like Haxorus and Yanmega. They'd have quite a few weaknesses but it's one i'd still like to see happen at some point.

There's also the Steel-type, and while we already have Dialga I think it'd be nice to see one that isn't a legendary. It'd cover the Fairy-type weakness that the Dragon-types have, which would be a good bonus. I recall someone said they could imagine Hydreigon getting a Steel-type Mega Evolution at some point, and that's one I find understandable.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We kind of seem to lack in dark-dragon, and I feel it'd be nice to see more of those. Unfortunately, however, they're weak against many things, including fighting, fairy, and dragon itself. Due to this, if they were to introduce something new within this particular type combination, they would likely have to make it so they have chance to withstand good amount of hits. Otherwise, they'd be taken down easily.

Along with above, I would also like to see dragon-fairy, if possible. If they were to put together such a thing, I would imagine this Pokémon to have feathered wings, since fairies tend to relate those kind of wings and whatnot, generally speaking; it would make sense. As for color-scheme, it'd likely be somewhere between pink and purple.

In terms of battling, I believe it would be best if the Pokémon were optimized to take better advantage of special-based moves, since many fairy-type attacks are put on that side.

Wicked3DS

Years
Do we have anyone that would like to take this over or start a new club? This club was pretty popular and I would hate to see it die.

Years
Ah yes indeed, it seems like this is a club that has had a long standing, for over a year even, so it'd really suck if it were to die out. But I don't think I would want to run one that's gone on this long, although i'll definitely stay in it if I can.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Hey guys, I go on my study leave and I come check to find this? The club has been greatly active and some ultimate topics were discussed here! I'm proud of all our active members here, you've kept this place not only alive but also kicking! I expect the same from all of you in the years to come! We also had our anniversary for which I wasn't present, hope that went well!

I won't be taking back ownership for two more months. Thanks again all of you for staying here with this club c:

I invoke a new topic here
What do you think is the most essential ability and attack that every Dragon Pokémon must possess?

I think it should be the ability to fly. As we have yet seen, almost every single one of our big powerful and cuddly ones can fly. I love to imagine a flying Dragon that just scorched everything beneath it. It's so cool!!
Also, the attack I would say should be flamethrower! What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think Dragon Pokémon? To me, it's FIRE! I'd love to see an ice Dragon or a water Dragon in Pokémon too! If they already exist drop their names below!

Keep rocking my fellow members and keep up the awesomeness!!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'd love to see an ice Dragon or a water Dragon in Pokémon too! If they already exist drop their names below!

Kyurem, Palkia, and Kingdra say hi.

But as for the new topic......hmmm, I'm not sure what an essential dragon ability would be. Flight is good, but not all dragons need to fly (Tyrantrum is boss and it doesn't fly). Though fire is something I could agree with.

Wicked3DS

Years
Hey guys, I go on my study leave and I come check to find this? The club has been greatly active and some ultimate topics were discussed here! I'm proud of all our active members here, you've kept this place not only alive but also kicking! I expect the same from all of you in the years to come! We also had our anniversary for which I wasn't present, hope that went well!

I won't be taking back ownership for two more months. Thanks again all of you for staying here with this club c:

For one, someone needs to run it over those two months. For two, there was no activity for 18 days, which is pretty excessive to me. The leader we designated seems to have disappeared and so I decided to ask for someone to run it because that seemed like the responsible thing to do.

What do you think is the most essential ability and attack that every Dragon Pokémon must possess?

Dragon Dance is a fantastic move that all Dragon-types should take advantage of if possible.

Years
Well i'm glad we have the original owner visiting again, that's nice.

And as for the question present, they should always have either Dragon Dance or Draco Meteor. A lot of Dragon-types are high on at least one attacking side, and they may as well take advantage of them the best ways they can.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hi people! As said im going to do a temporary takeover and will work to be as active as possible along with creating new topics! Although i can do the job myself its more fun if everyone pitches in and from time to time make a topic of your own!
So how about we start off with a new topic.....
Now i never saw this discussed but i dont have an achieved list of topics so lets discuss it either way!

Which secondary typing is your most favorite or would be your favorite if paired with dragon type?

For me there are 2:
Dragon/Fairy Mega altaria has it and it is very awesome i love the typing it has a limited amount of weaknesses but has great coverage against other pokes plus its cute and powerful whats there not to like?
Dragon/Electric This typing (i believe) is yet to see (excluding legendaries) and i love electric types as it has a very limited amount of weaknesses and can take out flying types as well as water.
Another notable one id like to see is dragon/poison because of how unique it is along with its power against fairy types but dragalge doesnt seem to fit it for me as very dragonish haha. Anyways Discuss!

Years
Which secondary typing is your most favorite or would be your favorite if paired with dragon type?

I have to say I do like the Dragon/Poison-type, as it gives it coverage against those nasty Fairy-types. Dragon/Steel for the same reason, although if we had another one aside from Dialga then that would make me pretty happy.

As for Dragon/Fairy, there's one I really like, even if Dragon-type coverage is redundant alongside the Fairy-type attacks unless you're running a mixed set with, say, physical moves and Draco Meteor. Mega Altaria is also one of two Pokémon to be weak to one of its types and immune to the other (the other being the Electric/Ground Stunfisk).

Years
Username: Targaryen13
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Yes, Lord Targaryen haha jk my username
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Mega Latios
Reason for joining club: Im in love with dragon types and they are my favorite typeXD
Answer to any one of the current topics:

Steel, with the dawn of Fairy threats, the steel type addition would be nice to balance it :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back