• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    It would actually be pretty unique for them to introduce an actual dragon-fairy Pokémon, I believe! Could imagine it to be some legendary of sorts, considering how special some fans might think of this Pokémon to be. At the same time, I'm hoping that it doesn't wind up to be as powerful as Giratina, Groudon, Rayquaza, and other legendaries of the like, as it would cause this Pokémon to be banned into Ubers.

I'm not really sure how it could seem in terms of design, though, but am wishing for it to be sort of cute-looking! Being fierce and intimidating likely wouldn't be suitable for its typing.

I think my post summed up a possible design being cute and powerful. I dont think theyll make it as powerful as the main line legends prob something like diance is my guess which will make it even cooler i mean everyones been waiting for her now we just gotta wait for a fairy dragon!

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    Mega Altaria is officially the most awesome Triple Type ever! Dragon+Fairy+Flying?! I mean, does it have to do anything more to be declared a legendary?! I don't think so!
    I will find you, catch you and train you. Think of it's roster! What could be it's moves! It has Dragon Armor, Aerial Speed and Fairy............... Stuff! What better combination could there be!
    It also looks cute on the plus side :)

The Contest is as follows:

Since, I've been known to be away from PC for days at a stretch, I don't think I'll be regular till the end of May 2015. That's why I'm appointing a new leader for you guys who shall be selected by the contest. It's merely to select someone who can keep the place alive and lively.

Contest:
    1. Create a post. You will be posting in this club with around 1 post per day. Don't exceed two posts in a day. Even others want to post ;)
    2. Your post will look like this:

Spoiler:

You must hyperlink your post to the day. If you make multiple posts, you may mention it as post 2. Since I love other clubs also, I'll allow your posts from other clubs too but one from this club should accompany it. And only one from another club per day will be considered. You get points for quality of content and relevance to topic.

3. First click on the #<post no.> and you shall get your post in a separate tab. Copy it's address.
    To hyperlink post, Select the text to be linked and click the button that looks like earth and an infinity symbol below it.
    You shall get a box asking you for your link. Paste link there.

4. Contest open from 4th November 2014 to 1st December 2014.
    Get posting members.
    I need to find my successor.

Update: Getting a member to join is an added bonus! :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    Are you sure? It's not like I'm giving anyone some big job. It's just the responsibility to keep this place alive and update member list is given to one of you guys. I do t think its goofy as Olli had contested one some time ago and had a great response.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    If I'm wrong on any of this/aren't supposed to pitch in about the topic then I apologise in advance but I think what people meant was that you could just simply pass over ownership temporarily/permanently to another person you see fit rather than hosting a postathon sort of contest. Is it a good way to determine an owner? Perhaps. It's not a silly idea but rather it just makes things unnecessarily complicated. You could instead let people discuss it amongst themselves if there's more than one person who wants ownership and then figure everything out from there. :o

Also since we're still on the fairy/dragon sort of thing:

I think fairy/dragon does have the potential to become a legendary. It'd be like one of those small things such as Mew, Celebi or Jirachi (couldn't think of a better term to describe them, sorry!). Mega Altaria itself is powerful and all but not of legendary status. Perhaps with a bit of an extra boost in stats but otherwise it'd probably miss the cut. However an original fairy/dragon, depending on where they go with its design, could even be the possible mascot of say the seventh or eigth gen of pokemon. Just an out of the blue prediction though. =P

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    If I'm wrong on any of this/aren't supposed to pitch in about the topic then I apologise in advance but I think what people meant was that you could just simply pass over ownership temporarily/permanently to another person you see fit rather than hosting a postathon sort of contest. Is it a good way to determine an owner? Perhaps. It's not a silly idea but rather it just makes things unnecessarily complicated. You could instead let people discuss it amongst themselves if there's more than one person who wants ownership and then figure everything out from there. :o

Also since we're still on the fairy/dragon sort of thing:

I think fairy/dragon does have the potential to become a legendary. It'd be like one of those small things such as Mew, Celebi or Jirachi (couldn't think of a better term to describe them, sorry!). Mega Altaria itself is powerful and all but not of legendary status. Perhaps with a bit of an extra boost in stats but otherwise it'd probably miss the cut. However an original fairy/dragon, depending on where they go with its design, could even be the possible mascot of say the seventh or eigth gen of pokemon. Just an out of the blue prediction though. =P

It mostly depends if there are more than one person who wants to take over, than it would have to be sorted out, but if it's only one person, there's no need for that. Also if no one really wants to take over, I'd be fine with handling it.

A Dragon/Fairy would be quite interesting honestly. I'm not the biggest fan of Fairy-types, but I'm curious to see how they'd fuse it with a dragon.

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
    Years
    mmm I would be able to take over and to make a kind of contest c:
    @Wicked: Yes yes dragon fairy just mystic like this, someone showed me >.>
    <.<
    Spoiler:

Reactions: Nah

Dedenne1

Years
    Why dont u just give tempory ownership to someone who deserves it its not like anyone gonna fight over it and its not a giant job like u said and that COMPETIOTION is kind of a joke it would just be bothersome like dont exceed 1 post per days seriously? Id be happy to take over the club but if wicked or asian want to they can i think each of us are on daily and pretty active in the club its better to ask if they wanna do it than hold a competition :/

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    Take it easy guys, I was just trying to see if that was a good idea. Apparently not. Let's be Democratic then...... How about the people who want to take the responsibility state it. I've got Wicked 3DS, Star11Pika and Dedenne1 as yet..... Lets wait for a bit to see if anyone else also wants to try.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sure, I wouldn't mind helping to take care. Currently, I've only got one club running so far (which isn't very active as of yet, sorry to say), so I believe I have enough space fit a couple of others into my slots. Though, I wouldn't recommend myself for you to be the first person to consider; if there's someone else who you feel would do a better job, it'd be wise if you had handed ownership over to them!

As for dragon-fairy, what kind of ability are we expecting this Pokémon to have? If it's focused around special-based attacks, I'd like the Pokémon to have a Moxie counterpart; instead of raising Attack stat on each and every opponent take-down, it would boost Special Attack. Also, I feel it'd be nice if its stats were tilting more towards Speed and Sp. Attack; this way, we'd be able to utilize it as sweeper pretty easily.

Star11Pika

Years
    I think it would be awesome to actually let it have a new ability. Something that catches up with the Dragon and Fairy side of the pokemon. Like that when an fairy move is used that it raies a stat that helps good for that move and when a dragon move is used it will raise that stat but lower the one fairy moves raise and the other way round.
    Also guys some more fanart C:
    That's the dragon my story I write is about :D
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
    I have a question for everyone, do you think Dragon-type should be super effective against another type? It just seems to me that it should have more than one type that it's good to use against, I'm just not sure what.

Star11Pika

Years
    Yes I would totally agree with that. It would be cool if it had another type to which it will be very effective. I think it would get a boost if that happens. Just imagine how many more power you would get with a dragon type move then.
    I think it should be cool to let it be the fire type because fire is very effective to ice and dragon kinda hates ice XD

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Even though bug already has a heap of things flying at its face, I think dragons > bugs would be a pretty clear one here. In a 1 v 1 scenario, a dragon would easily be able to stand up to one. I think another possibility is dragons being strong vs flying types since they take main dominance when it comes to winged creatures. And flying type itself does pretty well against most types so giving it another weakness shouldn't affect it too much?

I think they should also just get rid of the fairy immunity. I know dragons do a heap of damage but why is fairy out of all things immune? They're magical but so are psychic types in that case. :o

Dedenne1

Years
    Even though bug already has a heap of things flying at its face, I think dragons > bugs would be a pretty clear one here. In a 1 v 1 scenario, a dragon would easily be able to stand up to one. I think another possibility is dragons being strong vs flying types since they take main dominance when it comes to winged creatures. And flying type itself does pretty well against most types so giving it another weakness shouldn't affect it too much?

I think they should also just get rid of the fairy immunity. I know dragons do a heap of damage but why is fairy out of all things immune? They're magical but so are psychic types in that case. :o

I think the immunity makes sense and = it out more. Hmm i dont think dragon would be supereffective against bug just effective. Im not sure but maybe poison. I think it would equal it out more and dragons being poisoned? No doesnt happen they can only die by being frozen in ice or being stayed by a knight with a sword (steel) i couldn't see it being weak to any others especially any of the 5 ice, electric, grass, fire, water.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'm okay with Dragon being good against Poison-types, possibly Bug-types too. Not good with the Fairy immunity, if anything it should just be resistant. They really tried to bring Dragons down in Gen VI and I'm not a fan.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Here's something I just thought of:

Do you all think that Pokemon dragons could beat dragons from other video games?

Star11Pika

Years
    I actually do not think so. I think real dragons would crush some of the Dragon type pokemon. I think that only the most powerful dragons would be able to stand up against those mighty beasts. Sadly I don't think Dragonite would survive, but someone like Raquaxa can be strong enough to beat them. I think that because dragons look scary and strong most of the time, but some Dragon type pokemon look cute like Altaria

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back