• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gardevoir Fan Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kine

Whatev
Years
  • Ooohh! I wanna join this club. =D While Gardevoir is fine and all, I love Kirlia moreso. That's okay, right?

As for pronounciation of Gardevoir, Pokemon.com said it's like "gard(en)" + "(rese)voir". Of course, I still don't know how to say it, so verbally I always refer to it as "Sirnight", the Japanese name. ^^ Typing "Gardevoir" is no big deal.

poliwhirl

Gardevoir club ******
    Years
  • Ok now please welcome our newest member kine
    Now i like gardevoir becuase it is different from the other pokemon when i was reading the description, Will gaurd its trainer until it dies, captures my heart:'( so that is why i lke this pokemon so remember to welcome our new member

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Well, you should know what I call Garde' outside of her American name, so I won't really get into that again, all other forms are called either Ralts or Kirlia only, considering both names are the same between countries.

I like Gardevoir because I like Kirlia, pretty much. And the reason I like Kirlia is a long story. The gist of it goes like this:

The time was after R/S's release in Japan, but before it's release everywhere else (ROMs don't count). I was at some Japanese fan art site when I saw this picture of Kirlia. It was amazing, I couldn't believe she was a pokemon (the picture's Kirlia was female). From then, I couldn't wait to get R/S for just that Pokemon. I also didn't know she was part of an evolutionary line. Once information was released, I learned about the other two, and thought the line was purely female, as that's what fan art would have me assume.

...lots of events that aren't important happened, mainly in just playing the game...

Months later, partly in boredom and in wanting to see more pics, I used Yahoo! Japan to see if I could find more wonderful pictures. Little did I realize I'd stumble across a obsessive Japanese fansite where everything was of Gardevoir's evolutionary line only. About 400 artworks submitted, 3 or 4 Oekakis dedicated to ONLY these 3 Pokemon, flash games, clay figures, hand sewn dolls... I could go on. Needless to say, while I liked Kirlia before, seeing this site put what I called an obsession to shame, and now I'm practically a hopeless addict to Kirlia and the others. The site really got me into liking the other two as well. And you'd be amazed too, if you didn't know they were Pokemon before hand, this site definately wouldn't have convinced you otherwise. Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir can easily be put into any situation and you'd think they were part of some other anime.

That's my story, and yes, that is the short version. XD
    The only thing now is that site is down, and probably won't come back up. =(

Oh wow! It's back up! Nevermind. Now if you excuse me I must endulge myself again. ^ ∀ ^

Last edited:

poliwhirl

Gardevoir club ******
    Years
  • Kine said:
    Well, you should know what I call Garde' outside of her American name, so I won't really get into that again, all other forms are called either Ralts or Kirlia only, considering both names are the same between countries.

I like Gardevoir because I like Kirlia, pretty much. And the reason I like Kirlia is a long story. The gist of it goes like this:

The time was after R/S's release in Japan, but before it's release everywhere else (ROMs don't count). I was at some Japanese fan art site when I saw this picture of Kirlia. It was amazing, I couldn't believe she was a pokemon (the picture's Kirlia was female). From then, I couldn't wait to get R/S for just that Pokemon. I also didn't know she was part of an evolutionary line. Once information was released, I learned about the other two, and thought the line was purely female, as that's what fan art would have me assume.

...lots of events that aren't important happened, mainly in just playing the game...

Months later, partly in boredom and in wanting to see more pics, I used Yahoo! Japan to see if I could find more wonderful pictures. Little did I realize I'd stumble across a obsessive Japanese fansite where everything was of Gardevoir's evolutionary line only. About 400 artworks submitted, 3 or 4 Oekakis dedicated to ONLY these 3 Pokemon, flash games, clay figures, hand sewn dolls... I could go on. Needless to say, while I liked Kirlia before, seeing this site put what I called an obsession to shame, and now I'm practically a hopeless addict to Kirlia and the others. The site really got me into liking the other two as well. And you'd be amazed too, if you didn't know they were Pokemon before hand, this site definately wouldn't have convinced you otherwise. Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir can easily be put into any situation and you'd think they were part of some other anime.

That's my story, and yes, that is the short version. XD
    The only thing now is that site is down, and probably won't come back up. =(

Oh wow! It's back up! Nevermind. Now if you excuse me I must endulge myself again. ^ ∀ ^
    Please give me the site

poliwhirl

Gardevoir club ******
    Years
  • Ok now if sly 74 dosnt come up with a topic,
    Kine will make one, remember to try to make us think.
    by the way, (i know that this does not involve Garde, but one know the trainers with ninjasks, what do they do with the shedninja? do they keep it or throw it away) so remember kine
    Poliwhirl

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • Ehhh, I don't think I should give the link, not here anyway. It's kinda risky in that some of the content may be too much for some. There's no extremes (that I know of), but I should still be cautious. There's also no way for me to tell anyone what's what, I can't read Japanese. -_-;

I'll come up with a topic later. Whatever the case is, I'm not letting this club go down, I like these Pokemon too much.

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • I completely missed the question on telling males and females apart. I'm pretty sure you could easily tell them apart if they actually existed. However, sprites aren't going to give anyone a good idea of what anything looks like. The anime is usually good, but whoever does the drawings for the show does not like to stray from the concept art too much (this is both good and bad, while overall good, it hinders the idea of diversity among the same species of Pokemon. Adding three strands of hair doesn't count. :P )

This is the best topic I can think of.

First off, for any newcomers, answer the previous question; Why do you like Gardevoir, and do you have any nicknames for it?

New Topic: Let's say you have any member of the Ralts family living in your home (they can be caught or take residency sorta like Delia's Mr. Mime). What would be your perception of them? Are they still a Pokemon or more like a family member? Another thing, how would you expect them spend their free time, or helping out around the house?

I'm not really good a trainer based questions (^^; ). That's the best I could come up with. Use my answer as an example if it seems confusing.

I can imagine Ralts and Kirlia as being the eqivelent of little sisters, and Gardevoir being more maternal. Ralts generally would seek attention, but would also be helpless, and doesn't like being alone. She'd probably get into a lot of trouble. Kirlia would either be the same (except the trouble part), or she'd be closed off to others and a bit of a loner, lacking self confidence. Either way, she and Ralts would get into arguments, but Ralts would usually win them being younger.

Gardevoir would be like a Godmother, nanny, or something. Probably cleans up when everyone else is working or at school. Possibly overprotective, as it is her nature. Aside from that, she'd help with problems, being a smart psychic type, she could do anything from simple math to filing legal papers. Lastly, she'd pretty much be the guardian of the house. I'm thinking she could create barriers and the like to contain or block disasters such as tornados, burgulary and fire.

That's that. It probably seems a bit boring, but I'd like to see how people would imagine them domestically. Next time, I'll probably apply the same question for the life of a trainer. Things can really change around, then. ;)

OH! Another thing.

If you have sprites or pictures you wanna put up, you can do that too.

poliwhirl

Gardevoir club ******
    Years
  • Ok, i will make up a topic due to the absence of sly 74,
    on ralts legs,
    Ralyts.jpg

is it a skirt covering its legs or just legs?

I think it is a skirt, ralts legs can not be that big
    (i know this has nothing to do with the 3 pokemon but trainers with ninjasks, what do they do with the shed ninja)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2005
    I'm sorry I haven't posted. I've been too busy and my computer's getting worse. I'm using the school computer right now.

I've always thought of that as a skirt. :)

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • They probably trash the Shedinja, thinking it doesn't do anything. I mean, if you didn't know better you'd do the same, or keep it and put it under glass if you're a bug fanatic.

Anyway, although Colloseum (or however it's spelled) shows it as Ralts's legs, it's just a 3D model, and they probably don't expect too many people to care. I think it's a skirt as well.

No one seemed to reply to the topic I made. Was it too big? Sorry if that's the case. I'm known to ramble a bit when it comes to topics I like.

In other news, I added the club as a link now, through a Kirlia sprite-gif I made. It oughta get some attention, I believe. It also shows how crazy-obsessed I can be when it comes to Kirlia. XD

poliwhirl

Gardevoir club ******
    Years
  • Banner

Ok, for the past hour, i have been making banners, so i need all of you to vote. For the past couple of days, some of our members havent been reporting latly. :\
    so here are our contestants

Gardevoir.jpg

Club2.jpg

gardy.png

Happy.png

New.png

Nicer.png

kirlia.png

nivce.png

real2.jpg

title.jpg

Ok now remember to chose one and i will pt it up as our banner.
    i need all members to report :16:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back