• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An idea

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    I agree with arcanine idea, there should be a split. For someone who take a ready team(lv 100) from third gen might think it's too easy to beat 50lv and the one play since D/p might need time to level up them.

Years
  • but then it may be hard though so maybe 50-99 or so? well i dont know
    50-99 would be good, but you are limited to six pokemon, so here is an example of both:
    lvl 51
    lvl 57
    lvl 64
    lvl 71
    lvl 85
    lvl 99

lvl 70 - 90
    So if you add 5 lvls every time, It makes it a great traning account!! and a great and random gym leader.. Problem is, Gym leaders will automatically change to their high lvl if their opponent is too high for their current pokemon, unless they have a rule in their GYM
    "Team Set" - Does not let you BP your pokemon away, or switch pokemon!

Even 70-90 is too much of a difference, but it will be too easy for other people if they vs a lvl 70-80 gym leader = =.. Unless it is an "NPC" - i think it can be called since there is WI-FI

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    And what about the people who don't go by EV training? If the difference is large enough I know of at least 6 or so Higher Staff that won't be getting any badges due to us not going on EV training. It should be fair for all, not ones who decide to play by this and that way of training.

Again good points but there are suggestions that has been made for EVs. Also people are going to battle against each other despite the fact there ARE Evs. Also, you say that new people won't be able to win early on. Well, that is kind of expected. If a new trainer comes in and becomes a pokemon master in a week, there is a problem.

I would say have a list, but that might be a little hard to keep up with. And it would be hard for someone to know so and so really did beat the Fire Gym. If a person just randomly adds it to his/her sig and there is no list to go by then who's to say the person didn't earn that badge? I forget things, and I know many are the same way so they can't remember every single person they battled.
    I just wish there was a way for normal Mods to add things to profiles.

I don't think that is a problem at all. I think a sub-section should be made for the Pokemon League and in that sub-section, every gym should have its own thread which has a list of the winners. If a member wears a badge in his or her signature, and did not win, then they should be penalized (maybe suspension from the league).

it_landry

Trainer of Water
    Years
  • okay, sorry to be the random first post in a while with tons of rule ideas, and i have no idea if FINAL rules set has been decided... but i've been reading the many ideas, and i think i have a good idea for the rule set up.... and again, sorry if i am overstepping my grounds for comment....

first off, there should be about 15 gyms max, each with two head gym leaders, makes it easier to get battles in the gyms....

The gymleaders would decide how the gym battles are done, and are allowed to make special descians about certain battles, like if they normally do single battles, but are in the mood to do double battles every now and then...

the lvls of all pokémon should be a max of 50, and EV training should be forbidden, while breeding for certain moves should be allowed, and there should be the 6, plus a few substitutes...

No ubbers should be allowed, makes to much of an unfair advantage...

the Elite 4 should be choosen by their ideas on strategy, and can compete for elite4ness in a tournament open only to those who want to be elite 4... the champion should be chosen from the first champion of a monthly tournament, after that, each champion will be the winner of the next tournament...

The Gym Leaders are allowed any number of pokémon up to 6, the gym trainers should be allowed up to four... after all, to be a gym trainer meant you were better then normal trainers...

Battles should be done on the WiFi, it's cooler that way, as well as much fairer...

as for the recognition of beating a gym should be the sub-forum for each gym, every time a trainer has beaten a leader, that is up dated with the new trainers, as well as victors given a badge to show it after they are put on the list, if they are not on the list corresponding with the badge, the admins can decide what to do...

if i have forgotten anything, let me know please...

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Actually... I have an interesting idea. Why don't we make the elite 4 similar to the Indigo Plateau one in the original series? Like where it is just a general wide-spread tournament of every single qualified (8 badges minimum owned) trainer. If there is an awkward amount of trainers, than give the best trainer there (The one who did the best in their round) a "bi", which means a free pass to the next stage.

Also, having just one league with NO EVs at all is idiotic. First of all, ALL the people who want to actually be at a competitive level, are going to EV train anyways... there may be a rule against it, but it won't stop them. The best choice is to have two leagues, if everyone hates the idea of EV training. So we could have one for realy competetors, and one for people who don't want to EV train. Even then, maybe little kids (or people who have the simplistic mind of a kid) will EV train but still enter into the non-EV training league.

And also, having 15 gyms isn't that good, you won't even cover every type of gym. Preferably, there should be ~30 gyms.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I agree...To not EV train is nearly impossible...And there is nothing wrong with it...
    I think if you are too weak to handle a properly trained opponent then you should not be competing in the first place...A battle is not just for little kids...It's for us older members too...yeah i know...it's not fair that all the older kids have the advantage because they do know how to EV train...but if you really want to win then just go look it up or have one of the other members mentor you....Which brings me to my next Idea...
    A mentor program...let an Experienced trainer take a noob under his/her wing and show them all of the tricks of the trade...(defining a experienced trainer as one who has obtained 8 or more badges...)
    another Idea...only require 8 of the~30 badges availible to enter the Tournament/ E4
    and additional badges obtained before defeating the E4/Tournament would count as trainer rank up(s)...(4 more badges = a rank up)...that way the noobs wont have a reason to cry about losing...because they will have a chance to learn all the tricks...

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Wowwwwwwwwoowwowowowoowowo what a super idea.
    Wowwwwwwwwoowwowowowoowowo you contributed essentially nothing to this thread. For future reference, don't post in a thread if you have no intention of making it meaningful and only spam. You're newer, so I'm going to direct you to the Rules, which are something you should probably read. ^^;

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • O_O Wow...and i didn't even click the report button...You know why Asch...
    Anyhow...I disagree with the Lv 50 rule... outlined in it_landry's last post...
    it would stifle training...and you really should have at least lv 50 pokemon to be a gym leader anyhow...besides... if you cap them @ lv 50 then the gyms will be too easy...

Years
    it would stifle training...and you really should have at least lv 50 pokemon to be a gym leader anyhow...besides... if you cap them @ lv 50 then the gyms will be too easy...

How come you disagree with the level 50 rule? Well.. I personally think that a level 50 rule, and open level rule should be implemented and decided before players challenge the first Gym. But, from each rule, you get a badge (obviously), and if you participated in the Level 50 rule, for example; you must stick with it until your booted out, or quit it (then you lose your badges for the level 50 rule). Also, the level 50 rule must consist of Pokémon that have not been EV trained (purposely anyway) for those more ignorant of EV's who want to participate aswell.

Now, for the open level rule, it's all out. Use your strongest, or your weakest, but the Open Level rule are for the big boys (and girls if you think I'm sexist >.>) Same thing applies as the level 50 rule, but you can have EV trained Pokémon if you wish, or not. Each Gym leader should have two teams. One for the Level 50 Rule, and one for the Open Level Rule, just to make things easier.

Anyways, if anyone wants to add to that, be my quest. Not sure if I covered everything... but I think I did.

Oh yea, and each time you successfully defeat each gym&league, you get a Master's Diploma (or something along the lines) to show you've completed it once. Then, your badges are tooken away, and you can challenge again, and if you win again (mind you, the gym leaders will know what team you use, so use a different team each time, otherwise they will divise a strategy against you, .....or at least the smart ones will =P) you get another Master's Diploma, and it repeats.

Hmmm... too bad there wasn't some way of creating an item (in-game) to notify that you have successfully won. Hey, perhaps you would get a prized Pokémon each time you complete? An official rare Pokémon for first time completed, and then a different one for second time, and third, and so forth, along with a special print mail attached to the Pokémon notifying you defeated the League X amount of times.

Hmm.. but who would want to give up a Pokémon? Well, those who give out the prized Pokémon should have a Emerald, so they can duplicate and give out more of that Pokémon, so it's not a "first come first serve" sort of thing, or in this case, "first win, first serve".

Ehehe that's enough two cents for me. I'm off to sleep. Lemme know whatcha guys think of that.

(Also, I haven't read much of the thread, just the first post, so if this idea was already mentioned, then I'm sorry =P)

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I disagree...Replies are in bold....
    How come you disagree with the level 50 rule? Well.. I personally think that a level 50 rule, and open level rule should be implemented and decided before players challenge the first Gym. But, from each rule, you get a badge (obviously), and if you participated in the Level 50 rule, for example; you must stick with it until your booted out, or quit it (then you lose your badges for the level 50 rule). Also, the level 50 rule must consist of Pokémon that have not been EV trained (purposely anyway) for those more ignorant of EV's who want to participate aswell.

Now, for the open level rule, it's all out. Use your strongest, or your weakest, but the Open Level rule are for the big boys (and girls if you think I'm sexist >.>) Same thing applies as the level 50 rule, but you can have EV trained Pokémon if you wish, or not. Each Gym leader should have two teams. One for the Level 50 Rule, and one for the Open Level Rule, just to make things easier.
    Oh and we could maybe implement a trainer card in the profile system to reflect wins,losses and Rank and only E4 members and Gym leaders would have the power to edit that info so that they can confer the badge earned...

Anyways, if anyone wants to add to that, be my quest. Not sure if I covered everything... but I think I did.

Having a dual system just requires more work for the gym leaders...and like i said before if you want to run with the big boys/girls then jump into the mentor system i mentioned above. We welcome new talent even if we dont show it...And having a level 50 team is a pain in he posterior...why not fully train them especially if you are a master class trainer(Ingame and your local region)...lv50 teams are weak overall and are seriously underdeveloped...this effectively limits what the gym leaders can do with their pokemon and it would make the league too easy...

Oh yea, and each time you successfully defeat each gym&league, you get a Master's Diploma (or something along the lines) to show you've completed it once. Then, your badges are tooken away, and you can challenge again, and if you win again (mind you, the gym leaders will know what team you use, so use a different team each time, otherwise they will divise a strategy against you, .....or at least the smart ones will =P) you get another Master's Diploma, and it repeats.

No...Dont take the badges...Just Give them a Master/League Symbol or upgrade their Trainer card Rank...We could use a color system like this:Blue,Bronze,Silver,Gold,Platinum,Platinum with Silver trim,Platinum with Gold trim,Diamond Star Platinum ,2xDiamond Star Platinum and so on...
    Or we could use a numerical rank ex:Rank F,D,C,B,A,A+,AA,AA+,AAA,AAA+
    Let the trainers Retain their Badges for mere Bragging righs...So that they can say "I beat all ~30 gyms once". If a trainer already has a badge for a certain gym then their normal badge gets upgraded to a Gold Badge...And so on...

Hmmm... too bad there wasn't some way of creating an item (in-game) to notify that you have successfully won. Hey, perhaps you would get a prized Pokémon each time you complete? An official rare Pokémon for first time completed, and then a different one for second time, and third, and so forth, along with a special print mail attached to the Pokémon notifying you defeated the League X amount of times.

Hmm.. but who would want to give up a Pokémon? Well, those who give out the prized Pokémon should have a Emerald, so they can duplicate and give out more of that Pokémon, so it's not a "first come first serve" sort of thing, or in this case, "first win, first serve".

Ehehe that's enough two cents for me. I'm off to sleep. Lemme know whatcha guys think of that.

(Also, I haven't read much of the thread, just the first post, so if this idea was already mentioned, then I'm sorry =P)
    Such rules(as perscribed above by me) would allow an active battler to achive Huge prestige and would attract more and mor people
    each day...
    Who doesnt Wanna be the best Like no one ever was? XD
    Oh and we can Implement a Trainer card that reflects league status into the user profiles like we did with the FCs And only members of the E4,Gym leaders and S-mods and higher could edit this info...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I disagree...Replies are in bold....

Such rules(as perscribed above by me) would allow an active battler to achive Huge prestige and would attract more and mor people
    each day...
    Who doesnt Wanna be the best Like no one ever was? XD

Hmmmm Level 50's may be underdeveloped, but ideas are subject to change. If not level 50's, then why not level 70's? Plus, each team that faces the Gym Leader would be limited to Level 70 aswell, also it gives the Pokémon a chance to learn almost, if not, all it's level up moves, which are needed in some cases.

Also keep in mind, that Gym's aren't supposed to be ubber hard, then what would the league consist of? Legendaries? I think not. Plus Gyms should follow the format of type advantages and what not. A gym that represents Fire, Ice, Water, Grass, Maybe even Dragon, etc. etc. you know. Then once you get to the League, that's where you face unpredictable Pokémon.

Your second opinion, on ranks and whatnot, I actually agree with, but I just couldn't think of all that, what with my idea being a "good idea, write it down right away without thinking" sort of thing, but I think you put more than what I was thinking of for that.

it_landry

Trainer of Water
    Years

okay.... first, let me thank ~Raz for defending my idea....

now, Poketrainer2004, how can you say lvl 50 would be stifleing to a trainer, my friends and i battle lvl 50s all the time, and we do it because almost any past that just becomes one hit KOs all around.

to prove that lvl 50's are not stifling to a trainers training, i submit to you my Pidgeot, who only loses about half his HP from a THUNDER attack instead of almost all of it, done with out EV training; or my friends bellosume, who loses a little more then 1/3 of max hp from a FIRE BLAST with sunny day in effect... the only lvl stifling to trianing is lvl 5 battles...

also, i had an idea inspired by my battles in the Sinnoh Gyms, mainly the elctric gym; i think if a pokémon can learn a move related to the gyms type, the Leader and fellow trainers should be allowed to use it if they want, but require that it has at least one move pertaining to it's type, like a megapunching, hyperbeaming Magmar in a Normal type gym... what ya think

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, but that'd require the person in charge to level to 70. And the only auto-levels the game provides are Lv. 50 and Lv. 100.

Perhaps we can rank your records in battle via the use of a profile field?

Yea, that's why I think we should stick with Level 50, because it's more strategic than OHKO's from a bunch of drugged (used loosly) up level 100 Pokémon.

Hmmm the Profile Field eh? Could you explain a little more about your plan?

okay.... first, let me thank ~Raz for defending my idea....

now, Poketrainer2004, how can you say lvl 50 would be stifleing to a trainer, my friends and i battle lvl 50s all the time, and we do it because almost any past that just becomes one hit KOs all around.

to prove that lvl 50's are not stifling to a trainers training, i submit to you my Pidgeot, who only loses about half his HP from a THUNDER attack instead of almost all of it, done with out EV training; or my friends bellosume, who loses a little more then 1/3 of max hp from a FIRE BLAST with sunny day in effect... the only lvl stifling to trianing is lvl 5 battles...

also, i had an idea inspired by my battles in the Sinnoh Gyms, mainly the elctric gym; i think if a pokémon can learn a move related to the gyms type, the Leader and fellow trainers should be allowed to use it if they want, but require that it has at least one move pertaining to it's type, like a megapunching, hyperbeaming Magmar in a Normal type gym... what ya think

Oh? It was your idea? Ehehehe... I just kinda flipped to the last page after reading the first post and starting voicing my opinions (I shouldn't do that, but mehh..)

Anyways, yea, I disagree with what I said before, not level 70's, but level 50's would be more suitable. More strategic, stats are more balanced with each other at this level, instead of level 100 anyways, which makes it much easier to OHKO.

But then again, we are talking about Gym's are we not? So, in all fairness, Gyms should be made just as Level 50 only. Because I have never seen a Gym over level 50 (even rematching in emerald, mind you I only rematched a few gyms.. eheh), and then, the league should just consist of any open level Pokémon. I mean, it's totally up to the Gym Leader to decide what Pokémon he/she chooses.

So, to organise, I honestly think this is how it should go. 8 Gymleaders are selected from a few (perhaps the top 8 in a tournament?). Then, they are given a title, as either the Fire Gymleader, or the Ice Gymleader etc. etc. keeping with the In-Game Gym format. Then, once you complete each Gym, and obtain all 8 Badges, you can go to the Pokémon League. Oh wait! There is no one there! If your the first one who got to the Pokémon League, then you become the only trainer there. And once someone else comes to the League, they challenge you, if they win, they are (hereby) better than you, and will stay one rank above you. Then, once another person comes to the League, let's say he beats you (your first up in the league because your not as "good" as the other who beat you, which is why his rank is higher), and then loses to the next person (the person who beat you), he would be another Elite Four, but ranking between you and that person that beat you in the beginning. This would repeat itself until we have alltogether, A full Elite 4, with a Master, and then once we have that, only the Pokémaster can be eliminated upon defeat. See? It balances itself out.

Now, the Teams for the Pokémon League should be Player's choice, because, in-game, you never knew what to expect when you first went into the League, because no one knew, which is one aspect I would like to keep in this type of thing.

Hmmm.. on to matters relating level requirments. Personally, I think the League should be all out (while the Gym's stick with the Level 50 only, because technically they cannot defeat the League right?), and once you enter the League, there is no turning back. You must stick with the team you chose to enter with, and you can only heal (between battles).

Now about the Gymleaders themselves, I think that once they are chosen, they have to be on call when challenged (within 48 hours at least), and if they cannot, then they must forfeit their title as Gymleader and give the title to someone else (preffereably someone who beat them, but can stick with the Ice Gymleader, Fire Gymleader format etc. etc.).

Hmmm... not sure if I forgot anything... but I did write down a lot. Now I will just post my ideas on the Gym formats, and in order.

1st~Bug (or Rock)type Gym
    2nd~Water (or Electric)type Gym
    3rd~Electric (or Water)type Gym
    4th~Grass (or Fire)type Gym
    5th~Fire (or Grass)type Gym
    6th~Fighting (or Psychic)type Gym
    7th~Psychic (or Flying)type Gym
    8th~Dragon (or Dark) type Gym

See, I am trying to keep the easier ones at the beginning, and the more harder ones at the end. It all looks quite easy too, but with the two types per Pokémon, they have a WIDE variety on selecting Pokémon. So it's up to the Gymleaders smarts (if any) to come up with a way to make his/her gym hard to defeat.

Also, each Gym should only have three Pokémon, and should so the challenger (like in the show eheh). For the League, we don't want it to be too hard for each challenger, but hard nonetheless. So each Elite Four member should only have 5 Pokémon, while the challenger has 6. The Pokémaster will use the Pokémon that they beat the League with (otherwise it's not fair, if, once he becomes the Champion, he starts using a team of Caterpies to let the next guy win haha). The challenger at all times, can have as many Pokémon as he/she desires(up to 6 =P), but they must remember, they go in, and they don't come out until they are defeated, or quit (whichcase they can then choose different Pokémon, and start the League over again).

I think I covered mostly everything, trying to balance one and another out. Anyways, voice your opinions.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • okay.... first, let me thank ~Raz for defending my idea....

First let me say this, There is a lot of stat points to be gained form levels 51+
    And level 50 is stifling because they are not fully trained...You can only fufill your strategy @lv100...You actually have a chance to test your moveset out...besides the E4 knows no level limits and meither should the gyms

Yea, that's why I think we should stick with Level 50, because it's more strategic than OHKO's from a bunch of drugged (used loosly) up level 100 Pokémon.

Hmmm the Profile Field eh? Could you explain a little more about your plan?

Oh? It was your idea? Ehehehe... I just kinda flipped to the last page after reading the first post and starting voicing my opinions (I shouldn't do that, but mehh..)

Anyways, yea, I disagree with what I said before, not level 70's, but level 50's would be more suitable. More strategic, stats are more balanced with each other at this level, instead of level 100 anyways, which makes it much easier to OHKO.

But then again, we are talking about Gym's are we not? So, in all fairness, Gyms should be made just as Level 50 only. Because I have never seen a Gym over level 50 (even rematching in emerald, mind you I only rematched a few gyms.. eheh), and then, the league should just consist of any open level Pokémon. I mean, it's totally up to the Gym Leader to decide what Pokémon he/she chooses.

So, to organise, I honestly think this is how it should go. 8 Gymleaders are selected from a few (perhaps the top 8 in a tournament?). Then, they are given a title, as either the Fire Gymleader, or the Ice Gymleader etc. etc. keeping with the In-Game Gym format. Then, once you complete each Gym, and obtain all 8 Badges, you can go to the Pokémon League. Oh wait! There is no one there! If your the first one who got to the Pokémon League, then you become the only trainer there. And once someone else comes to the League, they challenge you, if they win, they are (hereby) better than you, and will stay one rank above you. Then, once another person comes to the League, let's say he beats you (your first up in the league because your not as "good" as the other who beat you, which is why his rank is higher), and then loses to the next person (the person who beat you), he would be another Elite Four, but ranking between you and that person that beat you in the beginning. This would repeat itself until we have alltogether, A full Elite 4, with a Master, and then once we have that, only the Pokémaster can be eliminated upon defeat. See? It balances itself out.

Now, the Teams for the Pokémon League should be Player's choice, because, in-game, you never knew what to expect when you first went into the League, because no one knew, which is one aspect I would like to keep in this type of thing.

Hmmm.. on to matters relating level requirments. Personally, I think the League should be all out (while the Gym's stick with the Level 50 only, because technically they cannot defeat the League right?), and once you enter the League, there is no turning back. You must stick with the team you chose to enter with, and you can only heal (between battles).

Now about the Gymleaders themselves, I think that once they are chosen, they have to be on call when challenged (within 48 hours at least), and if they cannot, then they must forfeit their title as Gymleader and give the title to someone else (preffereably someone who beat them, but can stick with the Ice Gymleader, Fire Gymleader format etc. etc.).

Hmmm... not sure if I forgot anything... but I did write down a lot. Now I will just post my ideas on the Gym formats, and in order.

1st~Bug (or Rock)type Gym
    2nd~Water (or Electric)type Gym
    3rd~Electric (or Water)type Gym
    4th~Grass (or Fire)type Gym
    5th~Fire (or Grass)type Gym
    6th~Fighting (or Psychic)type Gym
    7th~Psychic (or Flying)type Gym
    8th~Dragon (or Dark) type Gym

See, I am trying to keep the easier ones at the beginning, and the more harder ones at the end. It all looks quite easy too, but with the two types per Pokémon, they have a WIDE variety on selecting Pokémon. So it's up to the Gymleaders smarts (if any) to come up with a way to make his/her gym hard to defeat.

Also, each Gym should only have three Pokémon, and should so the challenger (like in the show eheh). For the League, we don't want it to be too hard for each challenger, but hard nonetheless. So each Elite Four member should only have 5 Pokémon, while the challenger has 6. The Pokémaster will use the Pokémon that they beat the League with (otherwise it's not fair, if, once he becomes the Champion, he starts using a team of Caterpies to let the next guy win haha). The challenger at all times, can have as many Pokémon as he/she desires(up to 6 =P), but they must remember, they go in, and they don't come out until they are defeated, or quit (whichcase they can then choose different Pokémon, and start the League over again).

I think I covered mostly everything, trying to balance one and another out. Anyways, voice your opinions.
    Drugged? what are you thinking?...A level 100 is fully trained...It has a beter moveset usually and has higher stats...And I have rematched all gymleaders 5 times already...They get as high as lv70...but my emerald save file is over 380 hours...
    Besides...If you cant train your pokeon then you really arent a very dedicated trainer...If you want to be the best then there should be no caps...and the gym leaders wouldnt be able to use uber class pokemon unless it was the type of their gym....

Last edited:

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Um, I'd like to point out that unless you use rare candies all the time, all pokemon have gained EVs. Those who train for specific EVs have advantages in that category, but aren't specifically better in everything.
    And, you could just buy 10 of each of the vitamins (cheapo if you go to battle tower)
    And, it would be a fine idea to use a lv 50 cap. IMHO.

it_landry

Trainer of Water
    Years
  • Um, I'd like to point out that unless you use rare candies all the time, all pokemon have gained EVs. Those who train for specific EVs have advantages in that category, but aren't specifically better in everything.
    And, you could just buy 10 of each of the vitamins (cheapo if you go to battle tower)
    And, it would be a fine idea to use a lv 50 cap. IMHO.

true they get ev's naturally, but raising a pokémon for specfic EV's is what i was thinkin' should be banned, because there are plenty of pokémon that if you raised for Speed, could pwn almost any pokémon

First let me say this, There is a lot of stat points to be gained form levels 51+
    And level 50 is stifling because they are not fully trained...You can only fufill your strategy @lv100...You actually have a chance to test your moveset out...besides the E4 knows no level limits and meither should the gyms

are you telling me that the only way to prove strength is to max lvl... WRONG SIR, i have raised many pokémon, and nothing gives me more satisfaction then winnning against an opponent who claims that his lvl 100's are supperior, just to knowck him down a peg... i have raised many lvl 85's that can pwn 10o's, but after a while, there is no joy out of lvl 100 battles, and trust me, you can make much better moves sets then trying for a lvl move...

the true way to show strength and to show proper training is by stopping before lvl 100, at least 10 lvls below, it shows your knowledge as a trainer much better then max lvling...

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • In some ways you are right....But Lv 100 pokemon also sho that you arent too lazy to go that extra mile...and i have toasted a number of ppl like you who have thpght they could beat me with lower levels...They cant because i trained them completely...IMO If you cant run with the big dogs then stay on the porch or run with your own pack...
    Dont come in here and tell me that Lv100s are inferior and insignificant...
    And EVs Cant be banned...It isnt fair...If you arent talented enought to take down one of those guys then you have no room to talk...I spent over 350 hours on emerald and I had all but 2 gold symbols by the 60th hour...then i quit because it was too easy...

Besides...a trainer should be flexible in his strategy...and anything less than lv100 can be beaten...A lv100 usually wont fall to an opponent unless the trainer behind it is incompetent....or if it is poorly trained....

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I'd like to point out that the whole Gym / Pokemon League system was put up a few days ago. Oo;

Level limits have been left up to the individual Gym Leader, sooo.... Oo;

yeah, i just like to argue.

Years
  • I'd like to point out that the whole Gym / Pokemon League system was put up a few days ago. Oo;

Level limits have been left up to the individual Gym Leader, sooo.... Oo;

Uhh... then what's the point of this thread? Should be locked.. anyways..

Poketrainer2004, we obviously have our own opinions on things, and since it was already tooken care of, I couldn't care less what you think anymore, so good luck with your argument.

Ciao
    ~Raz.

Back