• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An idea

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
Years
  • What about including achievements? Like if someone beats the E4 they get a special badge thingy they can put in their signature so that they can show off that they are on of the best. I also liked poketrainer2004's idea. But one major thing that i am thinking about is that if we make people like mods the E4 then they won't have too much time to be modding PC, and battling someone via wifi. I think that we should have a tournament as i think someone else said to see who may be the best candidate for stuff like the E4 and the gyms. And i also think we should make it like the games in the sense that if someone doesn't have for example the rainbow badge from a gym leader they can't battle in the everforest gym. That way the gym leaders don't have to go so easy on the people who go in their gym, if they're for example the 25th gym. And we might have to make custom trainer cards that show the badges for the gym, or add it to the persons profile, like right next to where they're name is. And every time someone makes a request for a gym badge, a leader has to check yes on a message they get saying that the person has beaten them. This idea is cool, and quite simple. I wouldn't be surprised if this got started by the 25th.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • What about including achievements? Like if someone beats the E4 they get a special badge thingy they can put in their signature so that they can show off that they are on of the best.
    Wont work unless it's put in the user's profile by a Staff member (and that Staff member has to be an AA or higher). Anyone can take a badge from someone elses sig and say "Well, I beat the E4, that just shows how good I am.".

I also liked poketrainer2004's idea. But one major thing that i am thinking about is that if we make people like mods the E4 then they won't have too much time to be modding PC, and battling someone via wifi.
    Erica (Lightning) explained that way pretty well. Have more than one person per Gym. They get the same badge but it's different person handing them out (so one person isn't bogged down).

I think that we should have a tournament as i think someone else said to see who may be the best candidate for stuff like the E4 and the gyms.
    And i also think we should make it like the games in the sense that if someone doesn't have for example the rainbow badge from a gym leader they can't battle in the everforest gym. That way the gym leaders don't have to go so easy on the people who go in their gym, if they're for example the 25th gym.
    A tournament to prove who's best to show up on the E4/Gyms won't work. You will have people maxing out EVs and they'll be the ones at the top. And if a normal trainer comes along no one will be able to beat that Gym or E4 member. So saying "Whoever wins is the leader of the E4!" just won't cut it.

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
  • This is an awesome idea, i'd love to be a fire type gym leader.
    I personally think that this should be done over the DS and Wifi, all my reasons seem to have been mentioned in earlier posts so i wont put them again.

Good Luck with this.

Oh Yeah, i dont think NetBattle would work cause you can just choose the best pokemon and attacks rather than having to painstakingly train them.

Getting a badge on the DS version of this would be so much rewarding.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I think i need to clarify my idea a little better
    Gym leaders and Elite 4 Members could be *halfmods (complete with usernames in a unique color) in their own gym section and then you would only need a couple more mods to preside over the halfmods as they run their gym/Elite 4Chamber along with the smods and the rest of the staff...
    *=Halfmod defined as having only (2 of however many powers a full Moderator gets)EX. Delete & Move Powers in their section (No Warn/Edit powers).
    Giving them this power allows them to delete someone's post from the request thread if they have won or lost. That would prevent the clutter in the request thread. They will be able to move topics that dont belong in their area to where it belongs. They would not be able to use their power anywhere else and it would help keep the clutter out of those forums since they will most likely be a smash hit...
    I am not saying mods and up should be gym leaders/E4. I am saying that those who run the gym/E4 chamber should get Halfmod powers

And a halfmod usergroup can have other applications as well. Ex:Giving a member that is being considered for promotion a chance to prove themselves worthy of such power...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Most sites and forums will have a league like this.

It's a good idea BUT it needs something to set it apart.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    I see where a lot of you guys are saying, but before I start I have one question. Are you NOT going to play online regardless if this happens or not? The answer is probably yes, despite the fact people use EVs. I did a poll on the forum that says MORE people will use EVs then ones who don't (a lot of people also said they were going to after they beat the game). Also, EVs are adjusted to fit the standard level (so if we make it level 50 standard, it won't be much of a problem anyway). So after you get the 8 badges, I think there SHOULD be a pokemon league tournament. That will be a lot of fun and competitive.

As for gym leaders, I think the Elite Four should be the ones approving them. Should they be half mods? I agree, just the way poketrainer2004 said it should be. Thats a great idea.

And as for accomplishments, I think should should photoshop badges (I could do it, and I know a lot of people here can probably be able to do it). And if there are any other awards, that is up to the staff to decide. As for "someone could just steal a badge and put it in their signature", thats fraud and if someone did do that they should be punished.

So again I'd like to say, this idea is getting a lot of support, even a lot of staff members. So when could this happen?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Replies in bold
    GeorgeWBushSupporter said:
    As for gym leaders, I think the Elite Four should be the ones approving them. I agree
    Should they be half mods? Yes
    The FC Exchange System is awesome and it addresses the problem of how to exchange FC's
    Thanks, Guys and Gals of Staff...

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    ^I don't agree, you can have a great knowledge of pokemon and the games that surpasses the majority, and not be a long time poster here.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    The idea of gym leader judge by post count/join date is simplt to ensure that it's not someone random joining then quit after 1 or two months. It's not guarantee though. Beside there could be someone who joined way back then but inactive for long time and just recently come back

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I see where a lot of you guys are saying, but before I start I have one question. Are you NOT going to play online regardless if this happens or not? The answer is probably yes, despite the fact people use EVs. I did a poll on the forum that says MORE people will use EVs then ones who don't (a lot of people also said they were going to after they beat the game). Also, EVs are adjusted to fit the standard level (so if we make it level 50 standard, it won't be much of a problem anyway). So after you get the 8 badges, I think there SHOULD be a pokemon league tournament. That will be a lot of fun and competitive.

And as for accomplishments, I think should should photoshop badges (I could do it, and I know a lot of people here can probably be able to do it). And if there are any other awards, that is up to the staff to decide. As for "someone could just steal a badge and put it in their signature", thats fraud and if someone did do that they should be punished.
    And what about the people who don't go by EV training? If the difference is large enough I know of at least 6 or so Higher Staff that won't be getting any badges due to us not going on EV training. It should be fair for all, not ones who decide to play by this and that way of training.

I would say have a list, but that might be a little hard to keep up with. And it would be hard for someone to know so and so really did beat the Fire Gym. If a person just randomly adds it to his/her sig and there is no list to go by then who's to say the person didn't earn that badge? I forget things, and I know many are the same way so they can't remember every single person they battled.
    I just wish there was a way for normal Mods to add things to profiles.

I know the gym leaders should be like people who are long time posters here since they know more :)
    ^I don't agree, you can have a great knowledge of pokemon and the games that surpasses the majority, and not be a long time poster here.
    I do agree that we don't need some newbie on the block that just walked in with a fancy team and wants to take a Gym. We don't know if this person can be trusted, or if this person will stick around and so on (it is true anyone can leave at anytime, old or new members. But older ones do tend to be more reliable because they have been on PC and have proven to stick around).
    But that shouldn't be only reason why we make someone a Gym. I'm one of the oldest members of PC, but if my team sucks I shouldn't be a Gym Leader. It's that simple. The person should be around long enough to prove he/she isn't going to drop off the map after having a question answered (maybe a few months on PC), and the person also needs to have a good team.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I agree...That is the only true way to see if they in fact do have the time on their hands to take such a responsibility...Althought this rule would prevent me from starting a gym right away...i dont really mind. It seems that this is the fairest revision of the Qualifications for becoming Gym Leader/E4 that has been discussed so far...

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • i think that someone who wants to be a leader should have a tournament or something so it can determined if its good or not like if only eight remaining then the eight would be the 8 leaders and the 1st one to lose should be the 1st gym leader and so on. i havent think much about the e4
    oh and nice idea georgewbushsupporter!

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    the Gym leader shoul be competitive enough, but just don't be so strong or else it's really hard to beat for some player... And I assuming it'll be lv 100 battle right? or shoul the gym leader use lv 80-90 to create some handicap?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'm not even going to comment on the tournament idea....

C&C: I know I'm getting in way over my head (because this sort of stuff is more down the road).... But to me, I don't see anything wrong with a few people in that Gym (as said before, more then one leader per Gym) being level 50 and a few others level 100. Even a few years down the road the Gym Leader can be called on for a battle. The way I look at it, level 100 might be pushing it a little for the newer D/P players. And 50 is too low for ones that's played D/P, has a level 100 team and just joined PC a few weeks ago.

Years
  • It is a great totally awesome idea!! But I think there should Be TWO gym leaders in each gym, with OPPPOSITE time zonez (if we can) since that way, the two will be almost always ready to challenge others. I think that the e4, should be pro Netbattlers, check the moveset help thread too, there are some pretty good movesetters there..

On about the levels, there should be a good range of pokemon levels, so that way, even if someone wants to train a pokemon, he/she can.
    I think a good lvl range is 70 - 90..

Back