• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alcohol

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
  • I was good and didn't even have my first drink until this March, three months after I had turned 21.

Although I couldn't even call that a "first drink", because I took two sips and decided that it was disgusting and not a habit I need to be forming.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I will say alcohol as a taste is not the best, which is why I am a mixer drinker. It's usually a shot or two of hard liquor and a soda or juice mixed in. You still taste the alcohol, but it isn't as strong, and sometimes even when you taste it, you're enjoying everything else about the drink you forget it's even there. It's like this when you have Rum and Eggnog or Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Schnapps.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Do you drink alcohol?
    Nope.

If not, why not?
    Several reasons. I'm below the legal drinking age, and I think it's just bad for your health.

Is it a bad thing to drink alcohol? Is it because you dislike the taste, or the effect? What would your opinion be on someone who gets drunk every night?
    No, just as long as you don't drink too much for it to be harmful to your health. It's the effect, drunk people can cause a lot of deaths and damage, and it's bad for your own health. I can't say they're a bad person, but that they just need to get help and turn in the right direction.

If so, why?

Because you like the taste, because you want to experience the effects? What's your opinion on people that refuse to drink alcohol at all? How often do you drink?
    People that refuse to drink alcohol are fine, just as the people who also choose to.

What's your opinion on the laws about alcohol? Do you think they're too strict, too lax?

I think they're pretty much fine as it is.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I never used to, and a lot of my friends always used to try and get me to drink; I didn't drink because of the taste, rather than the effects though, because I know I can control myself as to how much I have. A few months ago however, I decided to start because I wanted to just see what I was like drunk (I'm quite hyper anyway, so I didn't think it'd have much effect on me). Me and some friends were spending the night at a friend's house, and it didn't take long for me to... take all my clothes off. First time drunk, and THAT'S what I do >.< Her mum was in the house upstairs too! And it was in her main living room, with a wide window looking out onto a road and row of houses... so people outside probably saw me too.

Oh well, at least I'm a... happy drunk :P

I won't be doing it again soon - I really noticed the change in my motor skills, which is quite worrying, and my hands were tingling for the entirety of the next day... but as bad as it is, I think I'd only drink again to actually get drunk - just, maybe not so much this time :P

Years
  • I never used to, and a lot of my friends always used to try and get me to drink; I didn't drink because of the taste, rather than the effects though, because I know I can control myself as to how much I have. A few months ago however, I decided to start because I wanted to just see what I was like drunk (I'm quite hyper anyway, so I didn't think it'd have much effect on me). Me and some friends were spending the night at a friend's house, and it didn't take long for me to... take all my clothes off. First time drunk, and THAT'S what I do >.< Her mum was in the house upstairs too! And it was in her main living room, with a wide window looking out onto a road and row of houses... so people outside probably saw me too.

Oh well, at least I'm a... happy drunk :P

I won't be doing it again soon - I really noticed the change in my motor skills, which is quite worrying, and my hands were tingling for the entirety of the next day... but as bad as it is, I think I'd only drink again to actually get drunk - just, maybe not so much this time :P
    ...oops? That's the good thing about my personality. I trust myself not to do or say anything I will regret when drunk.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I'm underage, but that doesn't really stop anyone these days.
    I rarely ever drink. There are two occasions where I do, and that's New Years Eve and my birthday. I always find myself drinking too much, and getting sick of it. It just doesn't thrill me to drink. Not to mention it's expensive.

Although, I will be glad when I turn 19 so I can go to the bar with my friends. I am the youngest one, so my friends go out without me. :-(

Years
  • Alcohol itself has no calories as such (in the form of anything unhealthy), it's just that the contents of alcoholic drinks have lots of sugar, etc. As such, there are a range of "light" drinks from a sugar point-of-view. Even beer.

Even if you don't drink light beer, here in Australia at least, I cant speak for anywhere else, there is a complete range of heavy (or stronger) beers that are low carb.
    Everything is alright in moderation.
    With a proper diet and exercise like realistically everyone should have as a part of their daily lives, drinking alcohol should not be any sort of problem to someones physical health.

Im drinking right now as it were. I enjoy quite a few cold beers of a friday after a week at work.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • i know i am only 14 but i happen to know alot about achole, i dont drink it but i my friends do, i think people just drink alcohol because they are depressed and need a solution to that, but in my opinion, alcohol is not the answer. I have grown up with people drinking around me and it hurts me to see how they have turned out now. I am on not going to drink when i am older because i dont want to follow in their footprints and turn out like that.

Years
  • Am I to understand from that, that in your opinion everyone who drinks alcohol is depressed? :/
    I can tell you right now, that is completely false.
    Im about the furtherest thing from depressed there is.
    There's tons of different reasons why people drink. I know myself and the vast majority of all my friends just drink when we having a good time having a party or clubbing or doing something together at home on boxing day or easter or whatever.
    Sure, some people might drink as a bit of a quick fix solution, but everyone knows that there aren't any answers found at the bottom of a bottle.

Im not saying go out and get completely hammered when you are old enough, but I dont think you should make a snap judgement on whether you have a drink every now and then off what is obviously an extremity you have witnessed. Its all life experience, for every person that something bad has happened to because of alcohol, theres hundreds of thousands that it hasnt affected the same way.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • Am I to understand from that, that in your opinion everyone who drinks alcohol is depressed? :/
    I can tell you right now, that is completely false.
    Im about the furtherest thing from depressed there is.
    There's tons of different reasons why people drink. I know myself and the vast majority of all my friends just drink when we having a good time having a party or clubbing or doing something together at home on boxing day or easter or whatever.
    Sure, some people might drink as a bit of a quick fix solution, but everyone knows that there aren't any answers found at the bottom of a bottle.

Im not saying go out and get completely hammered when you are old enough, but I dont think you should make a snap judgement on whether you have a drink every now and then off what is obviously an extremity you have witnessed. Its all life experience, for every person that something bad has happened to because of alcohol, theres hundreds of thousands that it hasnt affected the same way.

It is not totally false because some of my family/friends drink because they are depressed.

Years
  • It is actually. You made the statement making it people in general only drink alcohol because they are depressed.
    You based it on the few people you know that actually do.
    The majority don't.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • It is actually. You made the statement making it people in general only drink alcohol because they are depressed.
    You based it on the few people you know that actually do.
    The majority don't.

Okay okay, i am sorry. i guess you are right xD

Back