• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But the formation of the rings of colour equal "(", Which has always been the symbol for sad-ness.

Butterflies are better than rainbows. <3

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I haven't seen a rainbow in a while...

Or, I just don't see it when one appears >_>

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Sometimes I think Georgia is far too lax on their driving laws. To get your permit you got to answer 40 questions and that's it. Once you pass you get your permit and you can drive anywhere as long as someone over 21 (with a license) is in the front seat with you. You don't have to take Drivers Ed (well, I think they are changing that soon), and all that stuff.
    It's so much more difficult and expensive over here. You are told to have at least 40 hours worth of lessons, at the price of about $40 per hour. Then you have to pass two theory tests. One is answering 35 questions on stuff like road signs, speed limits, safety issues etc, and another one called the Hazard Perception test, where you watch video clips of a car driving and you have to click the mouse immediately when you see a potential hazard. And you lose points for every second or two you waste before clicking it.

After passing both of those, you then get your practical driving test. You're in a car with a driving instructor and they tell you to drive around to different places, performing different turns and manoeuvre. You're allowed to make a few minor errors and still pass, but if you make a serious one, you instantly fail and have to take it again at a later date. At the cost of another $40.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Only 40 hours? We have to do 50 (and I think that's been at least doubled recently). Well, at least we don't have to pay for every lesson, since anyone with a full driver's licence can teach you.

And then we have the P's test, and like yours if we stuff up hard we instantly phail.

And there's still more tests after that ._.

Queen of the Kawaii Jedi Care Bears~: Nah, my name is that of a character from Ichigo 100%. Heh, another Rockman series, is it any good?

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • I think driving over here is similar to driving in England, although it's more expensive. I know classes for a practical test are around £30-40 per hour, which is ridiculous. I'm not sure about the motorbike test I'll be taking. I know it's practically the same as a car test, except that you obviously don't drive around with an intructor, it's done by going around cones and stuff until you're comfortable with it. I guess that's going to be quite expensive too; I'll be taking the theory test just before my birthday, and take the practical kinda one a week after like my friend is doing in March.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Only 40 hours? We have to do 50 (and I think that's been at least doubled recently). Well, at least we don't have to pay for every lesson, since anyone with a full driver's licence can teach you.

And then we have the P's test, and like yours if we stuff up hard we instantly phail.

And there's still more tests after that ._.

Queen of the Kawaii Jedi Care Bears~: Nah, my name is that of a character from Ichigo 100%. Heh, another Rockman series, is it any good?
    40 hours is the minimum requirement, I think. That's the general assumption of how long it'd take you to learn everything that needs to be covered, providing you pick up everything almost immediately. A lot of people probably have to double that.

And there was talk a few months ago of making new drivers have to spend a whole year taking lessons, in a bid to cut down on road accidents with new drivers. That could be a good idea, but there's no way I'm paying $40 an hour for an entire year. Besides that, they never mentioned how regularly lessons have to be taken in that year.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I think driving over here is similar to driving in England, although it's more expensive. I know classes for a practical test are around £30-40 per hour, which is ridiculous. I'm not sure about the motorbike test I'll be taking. I know it's practically the same as a car test, except that you obviously don't drive around with an intructor, it's done by going around cones and stuff until you're comfortable with it. I guess that's going to be quite expensive too; I'll be taking the theory test just before my birthday, and take the practical kinda one a week after like my friend is doing in March.
    Hmm, why take a motorcycle test? Like, I know it's your choice and all, but you can't go driving around with your mates and that, so it ain't as fun.

Oh yeah, and it's more dangerous XD;;;;

40 hours is the minimum requirement, I think. That's the general assumption of how long it'd take you to learn everything that needs to be covered, providing you pick up everything almost immediately. A lot of people probably have to double that.

And there was talk a few months ago of making new drivers have to spend a whole year taking lessons, in a bid to cut down on road accidents with new drivers. That could be a good idea, but there's no way I'm paying $40 an hour for an entire year. Besides that, they never mentioned how regularly lessons have to be taken in that year.
    Eh, a lot of people just make up hours by the end of it anyway XD;;;

And yeah, we have to have our licence for a whole year too - the 50 hours is just a minimum requirement of it. It's a whole lot of hours too :<

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • Hmm, why take a motorcycle test? Like, I know it's your choice and all, but you can't go driving around with your mates and that, so it ain't as fun.

Oh yeah, and it's more dangerous XD;;;;
    Because at the moment I'm fed up of relying on either the bus or someone to take me somewhere. If I want to quickly see my friend it's at least a 45 minute walk, which would take over half the time if I had a motorbike. I I don't have a motorbike I'd have to cycle which would also take a good 25 minutes, or ask my mum to take me when I know she's got far better things to do. Besides, getting to school in September I won't have to get that dreadful bus, I can get their independently as they allow room for students to park their motorbikes. Hopefully I'll get a car when I'm 17, but in the mean time I wouldn't mind a motorbike.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I've always wanted a motorbike. I wouldn't use it much..I'd be too scared. XD But it'd be cool to just drive around locally, like going up to the town centre which is about four miles away and on a fairly straight route. It easily beats walking or catching the bus, and it'd be more thrilling than driving a car (if I could).

But I've seen people doing 90+m/ph on busy motorways, swerving in and out of lanes to avoid cars. It's no surprise that most motorcyclists have accidents if you ride them so carelessly. >.>

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I always wanted a motorbike when I was little, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world...

Now the whole idea of me ever slipping while on one, and my body being torn apart on the pavement below me, 70 mph comes to mind...

Anyways, I'm in MA, and in my area, there's a requirement for drivers ed, I think it's like 40 hours or so...

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I've always wanted a motorbike. I wouldn't use it much..I'd be too scared. XD But it'd be cool to just drive around locally, like going up to the town centre which is about four miles away and on a fairly straight route. It easily beats walking or catching the bus, and it'd be more thrilling than driving a car (if I could).

But I've seen people doing 90+m/ph on busy motorways, swerving in and out of lanes to avoid cars. It's no surprise that most motorcyclists have accidents if you ride them so carelessly. >.>

Most people here that own motorbikes can be heard 10 minutes before they're seen. >.<;
    It happens all the time at night, which is a pain in the ass. And they're always over the speed limit! >O
    It might be thrilling, yeah, but it seems too dangerous to allow me to feel the thrill of it. D:
    Motorbikes I don't likesh.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I wouldn't ever get on a motorbike I don't think let alone ride one XD I can't even trust my friend riding a bike when I'm standing on the back D: I might possibly take driving lessons and stuff after I leave school.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    From where my parents come from, every chooses motorbikes or bicycles over cars (in the rural areas anyway). :) Ooh, can't wait to learn to drive at school, but it'll be nerve-racking! XD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I've ridden a motorcycle before when I was younger and I'm going to again when my friend gets one for her borthday =D 'm a bit worried though because i really don't trust her on one of those so maybe I'll watch someone else first.

The car I'm getting for my 16th to drive is my mom's mazda, which is compeltly fine with me ^-^

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Heh, I wouldn't get a car just yet, and might not in another at least say 5 years, but yeah most likely I'll just use/practice with my parents' car. :)

Well, my mother would've got a motorbike, but she didn't, because she was worried about the fact that more people drive cars where I live, and so motorcyclists could potentially be at more risk with all the cars. Happened to my uncle as well. Don't plan to ride a motorbike (and may never will), but my brother may try to ride one, since he has a friend whom can ride a motorbike, and he's likely to teach my brother tha skill in the near future. ;)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'll be driving a '95 Ford Tauros with NO CD PLAYER =O I'll have to have that fixed right up...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back