• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Oh jeez! I would love to have music while driving, but I would worry about it because when driving you have to concentrate with it rather than sit back and listen to music (as always do on car trips), and if you make a mistake it could be the end... :(

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Trusting me on a car I'd prbably have 10+ accidents a year XD; I get distracted easily <: Music can be quite distracting, I guess, if I was driving along and listening to music; I'd end up singing (badly) to it XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    It's so much more difficult and expensive over here. You are told to have at least 40 hours worth of lessons, at the price of about $40 per hour. Then you have to pass two theory tests. One is answering 35 questions on stuff like road signs, speed limits, safety issues etc, and another one called the Hazard Perception test, where you watch video clips of a car driving and you have to click the mouse immediately when you see a potential hazard. And you lose points for every second or two you waste before clicking it.

After passing both of those, you then get your practical driving test. You're in a car with a driving instructor and they tell you to drive around to different places, performing different turns and manoeuvre. You're allowed to make a few minor errors and still pass, but if you make a serious one, you instantly fail and have to take it again at a later date. At the cost of another $40.
    ... That sounds like far too much work for me, I think I'll take the normal ways we got here over all that stuff *nods nods*. XD

The first car I want is a truck. A Toyota Tacoma (newer model), maybe I'll get one one day. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Heh, if I'm too careful when I drive a car, I'll go slow, and that would potential stir up some road rage! :P Nor will I speed, or else they'll fine me! :( I guess practice makes perfect, and I'll go for it moderately, and with some music! :)

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    ... That sounds like far too much work for me, I think I'll take the normal ways we got here over all that stuff *nods nods*. XD

The first car I want is a truck. A Toyota Tacoma (newer model), maybe I'll get one one day. XD

Good luck on getting that truck XD I'd probably end up in an old 3-wheeled car XD

My parents said they'd contribute towards driving lessons for me XD; they should know by now I'm an accident prone. I can't even ride my bike without something happening XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Good luck on getting that truck XD I'd probably end up in an old 3-wheeled car XD

My parents said they'd contribute towards driving lessons for me XD; they should know by now I'm an accident prone. I can't even ride my bike without something happening XD
    You still got a ways before needing a car. Me on the other hand, I'm 18 so I need one soon enough. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    My parents are for me to drive, not that I want to, though it'll be fun! :D Meh, I'll let my poor mum drive me, but that would be mean! :P

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Yeah XD When I'm old enough to have a car I wouldn't want to bug other people to give me a ride D: They would then probably think I'm lazy or something XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    LOL Instead I have to give them rides. :( Argh well, by my mid-20s I'll be driving people every day (most likely my mother, than by the time my family). :\ Ooh if I became rich (I wish), I would love to have a little limo kind of vehicle, and someone to drive me! XD Oh I can dream... <3

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    LOL Instead I have to give them rides. :( Argh well, by my mid-20s I'll be driving people every day (most likely my mother, than by the time my family). :\ Ooh if I became rich (I wish), I would love to have a little limo kind of vehicle, and someone to drive me! XD Oh I can dream... <3

I can imagine doing that aswell XD Driving everyone when they want a ride, I'm not the sort of person to say "No" to my friends/family. So I'd have to do it XD;

I like limos, but I wouldn't own one I don't think =P I'd make waaaay too many accidents XD But now you mention someone driving it for you, I suppose that would work XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Plus, limo's come with TV's, don't they? And all sorts of stuff! XD LOL It was funny, because we stopped at the traffics behind this car, and it had like a Tv at the top, and we were like watching it (forgot what was on it though), but we had to turn instead of trail it! :D

Someone driving for you...imagine someone doing everything for you? Nah, I need to get off my butt and actually do something - Ican't be lazy all my life! :laugh:

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Oh! They also have Champagne/wine flashy lights! XD

I wouldn't really like anyone drive something that I payed for XD So I'd drive it, it's boring just sitting in the limo on your own aswell XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Cars with TVs in them isn't as good as they're cut out to be. I was like "OMG I want an SUV because they have movie players in them." when I was younger. We never got an SUV, but I did get a nice laptop. And I do watch movies on them when in the car, but it's not like it's the best thing in the world. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Emma said:
    Oh! They also have Champagne/wine flashy lights! XD

I wouldn't really like anyone drive something that I payed for XD So I'd drive it, it's boring just sitting in the limo on your own aswell XD

Well, everything's boring alone, but it's also so relaxing too. I'd try to get people to come along for the ride, hoping them talking won't distract me with driving. Ooh if only the car drove itself.... :laugh:

Arcanine said:
    Cars with TVs in them isn't as good as they're cut out to be. I was like "OMG I want an SUV because they have movie players in them." when I was younger. We never got an SUV, but I did get a nice laptop. And I do watch movies on them when in the car, but it's not like it's the best thing in the world. XD

I wnated everything when I was young! XD Heh, I realised my parents don't have a CD player in the car, but with mp3 players what's the bother?! <3 Just gotta love technology... ;D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Limo's are kool, I need to get one when I get old. XD

I don't want to drive myself, everyone would drive me..because I'd make them.
    Lotto is good for me, I'd just have to win.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    XD I get bored watching TV at home let alone watching TV in a car XD

If the car drove by itself. I would be scared, it'd drive into every car before it even detects a red traffic light XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Nica said:
    Limo's are kool, I need to get one when I get old. XD

I don't want to drive myself, everyone would drive me..because I'd make them.
    Lotto is good for me, I'd just have to win.

Lotto? No one wins that thing! It's a scam! XD Well, someone will win, but they'll win the money to spent on getting the lotto ticket! XP Nah, we don't try the lotto much, because we know we don't have enough luck to win it. I guess money is best earnt, through tidious education and whatever life throughs at us. ;)

Emma said:
    XD I get bored watching TV at home let alone watching TV in a car XD

If the car drove by itself. I would be scared, it'd drive into every car before it even detects a red traffic light XD

Free TV's boring most of the times anyways! :P

Traffic lights are weird. I use to think some fat guy lived underground and controlled the traffic lights! XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lotto isn't a scam, it's just..it needs patience, like..if you try the same numbers your whole life, just before you die, you'd probably win lotto. Well that's what I go by.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    In the end, we all want money. Why can't we just barter instead?! :P

Speaking of traffic lights, I hate to stop when the lights go yellow, so I'll speed up and pass by the time it's red light! Just hope no-one will fine me though... :nervous:

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    XD! I thought there were little creatures inside the traffic lights who contolled them XD; I used to think weird things D:

My parents get 2 lottery tickets a week, the most we've ever won is £15 or something XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back