• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Getting money for free makes more sense. Wait no it doesn't, money can''t be free. XD
    But anyway, lotto's best.

I hate the traffic lights near the school, they take forever to change, so I'm close to being late.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    @ Emma: Which reminds me, my bro use to buy those small lottery tickets, but would only win AUS$2 (don't how much it would be £ though, sorry), but then keep buying them until he ran out of money! XD Yeah, I love those small scratchies, it's so fun to scratch them! :)

@ Nica: I wish money did grow on trees! <3 Anywho, I realise that there's som traffic in the most useless places, like where people won't never cross, and when it goes red just hate it! :\

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I want a money tree, N&P always used to say that they had a money tree living down the back, but I made it run out, I actually believed that. XD

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Lotto isn't a scam, it's just..it needs patience, like..if you try the same numbers your whole life, just before you die, you'd probably win lotto. Well that's what I go by.
    Lotta is a scam though. Whether or not you have those numbers all your life, it doesn't mean you're going to win anything. There are so many different number combinations that you could have that it's like, a million to one that your numbers will come out. It's completely at random, so if you have the numbers all your life, nothing is stopping eg. 4, 6, 21, 17, 1, 12 coming out more than once.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Lotta is a scam though. Whether or not you have those numbers all your life, it doesn't mean you're going to win anything. There are so many different number combinations that you could have that it's like, a million to one that your numbers will come out. It's completely at random, so if you have the numbers all your life, nothing is stopping eg. 4,6,21,17,1,12 coming out more than once.

Ooh I don't like those odds. :( I guess it's time to...beg for some moneys on the street! XD Nah, I'm not that poor, but my parents will soon make me get a job so that I can make my own money, but what to spend on it...*hires man to steal money*...

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I sometimes get my dad to get me a £1 scratchcard XD the most I've won on any of them is about £10.

If only there was a growing money tree, I'd be picking the money off all of the time D;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lotta is a scam though. Whether or not you have those numbers all your life, it doesn't mean you're going to win anything. There are so many different number combinations that you could have that it's like, a million to one that your numbers will come out. It's completely at random, so if you have the numbers all your life, nothing is stopping eg. 4, 6, 21, 17, 1, 12 coming out more than once.

Omg, You said one of my own lotto numbers. I love the number four.

It isn't a scam if you have a chance of winning.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years

XD, the chances of winning Lotto are so low that there simply is no point playing. I've never won anything from lotto.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    What I never got about the lotto is, if it's so hard to win (and I know the chances are really really really high) then how come they got these big groups of people that wins it all the time. I mean like the last time I remember the big big jack pot, they had like 8 people up there with the same set of numbers. It's just strange...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    If only we were among that few who won... :(

That's why you gamble mes amis! ;) Or play any sort of board games with your friends, but make it a high stakes game where the winner takes all. LOL Every Chinese New Year me and our relatives and families we play bingo, and it's 20 cents to play each game, and the winner takes all. About 2 dozen or so people play, and some pay more to have two bingo cards, thinking they'll have more chances of winning! XD We play it to see who has luck on their side (perhaps for the whole year), and it's fun really! :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What I never got about the lotto is, if it's so hard to win (and I know the chances are really really really high) then how come they got these big groups of people that wins it all the time. I mean like the last time I remember the big big jack pot, they had like 8 people up there with the same set of numbers. It's just strange...

Do you mean the syndicates or lots of people winning with the same numbers?

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Ooh I don't like those odds. :( I guess it's time to...beg for some moneys on the street! XD Nah, I'm not that poor, but my parents will soon make me get a job so that I can make my own money, but what to spend on it...*hires man to steal money*...
    Yeah, I've got a job with good enough pay that I don't need to throw any money away on buying a lottery ticket. They make so much money out of people which is why they don't admit it's such a scam. They say anyone can win, which is true, but there are so many different combinations that you'd have to spend millions of pounds per draw to win just £50.
    I sometimes get my dad to get me a £1 scratchcard XD the most I've won on any of them is about £10.

If only there was a growing money tree, I'd be picking the money off all of the time D;
    I remember ages ago I was at a restaurant with my family, and to keep me amused my mum bought me a sractchcard. On the first one I only found a pound, so I bought another one. On that one I found £5, so I bought two more and kept the £3. On those two I won nothing, and then on the last I found £25 or £30, not too sure. Then not so long ago I got given a lottery ticket for one week and won £30. That's all I've ever won though.
    Omg, You said one of my own lotto numbers. I love the number four.

It isn't a scam if you have a chance of winning.
    I don't really know how many people can 'love' a number. It's like saying you love the letter E for a reason. XD
    XD, the chances of winning Lotto are so low that there simply is no point playing. I've never won anything from lotto.
    It depends, if you're feeling lucky one day you might want to spent a little money on one ticket and you never know, you might win. But I think it's stupid when people use all there money on getting tickets and using luck to get them more. It's... stupid and pathetic. They'd be better eating it than buying tickets that make you excited one minute with the prospect of winning then after the draw making you disappointed at wasting however much money you used. At least you wouldn't be hungry afterwards.
    I have seen once that there is a combination to win it, it was in the paper not too long ago that these scientists found a random number system that allowed them to predict what the machines would bring out. Not sure it was true, but it seemed quite cool that there was a way to win money. Before they broadcast their theory, they tested it and won a couple of million.

Last edited:

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years

That is weird...doing calculations, the chances of winning are usually 1 in an XXXmillion, yet there's usually more than one winner. I guess that if no one wins the next lottery, then more people would gamble after the prize money is jacked up even higher; thus there would be more of a chance that there are multiple winners.
    Recently, the largest jackpot in Canada (somewhere around $50 million) was shared among something like 15 field workers who worked in the oil industry. At least the money is split. I would hate to see $50 million end up in the hands of one person who bought a lottery ticket on a whim.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    If only I could see into the future... <3

Drummershuff said:
    I don't really know how many people can 'love' a number. It's like saying you love the letter E for a reason. XD

I seem to liek number 8 for no reason at all, and I love the letter A, as in 'A' in your grades! XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

It's easy to love such an awesome number as that. I don't love letters, they think they are so good....

But I only like/love that number, 'cause it's lucky, and my birth month.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    LOL I too believe in superstition! Heh, does anyone believe in the idea of 666 being the devil number, and 13 being the unlucky number? I don't think my birth date is so lucky, however I find even numbers to be lucky for me. :)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Do you mean the syndicates or lots of people winning with the same numbers?
    Where lots of people get the same winning number.

I have seen once that there is a combination to win it, it was in the paper not too long ago that these scientists found a random number system that allowed them to predict what the machines would bring out as the number. Not sure it was true, but it seemed quite cool that there was a way to win money. Before they broadcast there theory, they tested it and won a couple of million.
    A bunch of scientists did that? What where they bored or something? XD
    They got different ways of drawing numbers. Like here in GA, they use plastic balls, and they're in this plastic tank (sort of like one of them big big fish bowls). And you got air blowing all in there, so when they open up little doors (or something) the balls that blow in is the numbers for the lotto (or something like that XD).

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Nope. I don't believe in superstition...

I sort of used to, though. Like, I would keep calling my friend 'unlucky' cause her birthday's on the 13th (I can't think of a better example xD).

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    LOL I too believe in superstition! Heh, does anyone believe in the idea of 666 being the devil number, and 13 being the unlucky number? I don't think my birth date is so lucky, however I find even numbers to be lucky for me. :)
    I don't know, really. I mean, 13 has never been an unlucky number for me so I can't say that I think it's an unlucky number... but
    I've seen other people have bad luck on Friday 13, but I think that has something to do with them wanting to be center of attention.

One of the numbers I use from my birthday is the 30. My mum used to buy scratchcards and that was one of the numbers she used so I've stuck with it. It's easy to remember for obvious reason, but it's not a lucky number either. Numbers are only something we've made up to represent something. They aren't that special or lucky in my opinion.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    That is weird...doing calculations, the chances of winning are usually 1 in an XXXmillion, yet there's usually more than one winner. I guess that if no one wins the next lottery, then more people would gamble after the prize money is jacked up even higher; thus there would be more of a chance that there are multiple winners.
    Recently, the largest jackpot in Canada (somewhere around $50 million) was shared among something like 15 field workers who worked in the oil industry. At least the money is split. I would hate to see $50 million end up in the hands of one person who bought a lottery ticket on a whim.
    I just find it strange how a group of people can win. I know more and more people try out for it. But days and days on end no one wins. And then BAM, people lines up win winning tickets. But I guess if it's the chance to win big (like right now GA has it's large jack pot set at like $100+ million) then people will go for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back