• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Mauve: The Era Of Darkness

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
14jq72u.jpg

Welcome to the official Pokemon Mauve: The Era Of Darkness thread!​

Pokemon Mauve (previously known as Pokemon Isthmis: TEOA) is a hack of Emerald version. It's a Mauve Hacks Inc. production, under the supervision of Cosmic Hacks Inc.

Story
In 2004 secret illegal experiments were being held on an isolated island. Amature scientists were mixing and matching Pokemon DNA and fusing Pokemon to make new and more powerful Pokemon. Two years later, something went horribly wrong. They tried to make a new Pokemon using the forbidden Mewtwo files. Scientists tried to combine the brute strength of Charzard, with the intangibility of Gengar, and the intelligence of Mewtwo. Much to their demise, the experiment worked. They managed to keep this new Pokemon captive for only two days before it began to ask itself why it had to obey the humans. Gengazard destroyed the lab, free'd all of the fused Pokemon and now roams free causing trouble in anyway it can to People. Especially people belonging to the Pokemon League.

You are 10 years old, your family moved to a quaint small town called Sigphindale. You venture out to introduce yourself to your neighbors. Yadda yadda yadda, now you have to save the world.

Don't worry about the part I casually skipped over, you will know what happens, in time! XD

Features
  • Hopefully a new Hero(ine)
  • Over 50 NEW Pokemon
  • Edited Hoenn Region
  • MORE TO COME!!!

Screenshots
14ky96q.png
14ky98g.png

14ky9eq.png
14ky9ax.png

kantomap1162856731.GIF

HELP!
So far we are very small, and desperately need help. Mostly scripters. Any scripter who can help, we would appreciate it so very much. And we will some how find a way to give the credit and respect you deserve. As well as give you a reward (maybe to be the champion of the Elite Four, or something of that matter).

However we also require the aid of some decent spriters, mostly spriters who are good at mixing and matching Pokemon (is this a first or what!?). On this thread we are holding a competition, post your best mixed Pokemon sprites, or completely NEW Pokemon (preferably front and back images) winners will be dubbed gym leaders, and the spriter who makes the coolest looking Pokemon might get to be a member of the Elite Four.

Beta testers. Nuff said.

Ideas! We're still in early development, we have plenty of time to add or subtract from our already FANTASTIC story. Any suggestions at all are always welcome.

We also need help from everyone else. If you plan on playing our game, or taking ANY part at all in the development, it would help us GREATLY if you put one of the following User Bars in your signature and link to this page.
14l1nq1.gif

supportmauve.gif

Most people might be thinking that we're only using it for advertising, and while this may be partialy true, seeing this banner in another user's signature would help give us inspiration. Reminds us that we have people waiting to see our finished product, and could give us that extra push to finish this game, with quality. Also the more people who know about our game, the better.

Team
Mauve Hacking Inc. isn't your average team who is going to start and not finish. Unless we all die, this hack is going to be finished come hell or high water. Actually if Hell came we probably wouldn't be able to finish. And water would wreck our computers... We are going to finish this hack, come anything but Hell or high water... And/or death.
This is our current team.

Gengazard
Manager
Director
Mapper
Story Development
Scripting

Innagadadavida
Assistant Manager
Assistant Director
Spriter
Story Development

Beta Testers
Skeetacular

Comments and feedback are appreciated!​

NOTE:Map of Kanto is for Pokemon Mauve: Dank Jungle

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2023
Wow, looks great! Has a pretty sound storyline. The screens are quite good too. I could BETA Test if you want. Kepp up the good work!

tome15

Im brother of knaspergold
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 22, 2006
wow great hack
i can do maps and tiles for you if u want
just pm me and i will help you

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Good Game except there are many glitches in the Maps, such as May battling you can battle her a thousand times, getting out of the truck the first time and after wally talks to your dad he walks over trees when going for his first Pokemon. I would like to be a mapper please? First of all does the Elite Map work for this rom because it is Pokemon Emerald?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Blazichu said:
Good Game except there are many glitches in the Maps, such as May battling you can battle her a thousand times, getting out of the truck the first time and after wally talks to your dad he walks over trees when going for his first Pokemon. I would like to be a mapper please? First of all does the Elite Map work for this rom because it is Pokemon Emerald?

The Beta you played is an older version, if you noticed, it was still called Pokemon Ithsmis. The ROM we used to make that Beta crashed and we had to start over. Unfortunatly we don't have current screenshots, but we are working on getting some ASAP.

Chris-h11

Programmer
Years
For the first screenshot, to go down maybe you could use those cave stairs

And i'll be a beta tester if thats what you were hinting at when you said "beta testers"

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I'll have to ask Gengazard about the Beta testing and Mapping guys, he's the real guy in charge here.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2008
Looks great! I LOVE THE STORY!
Gengazard!!!!
I would like to be beta tester?
------------------
Greetz wiro

ShrimpPopper4life

Rom Hacker/Beta Tester
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2009
If you would like I could help beta test,
I am a bit new to hacking but I have started making my own hack and could use some more experience before I go into having people beta test my hack when it gets to that point.
Thanks,
Chris

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2006
I love the storyline and the maps are cool too. but put new tiles, and show some sprites
keep doing that!read ya

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
Hey screens look great!!!!!!!! Am i already a beta tester for previous reasons??

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
I don't know why Gengazard hasn't posted anything yet, I won't be able to reply to you all for a week. I'm going on vacation. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Thanks for the extra user bar Chris.

To people who asked to map:
I'm not sure if we need you. Gengazard has been doing the mapping, I don't know how that works, if we need more than one mapper, so he'll have to get back to you on that.

To people who asked to Beta test:
It's cool with me. I don't think we'll need more than 15.

HackMaster72

Ruby+HackMaster= Rubikonartist
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
Hey Innangadavida, I can sprite, script,beta test, and if needed map. Please PM me if I can help.

Matilira

Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2021
I can sprite, do mapping, and text editing. Here is sprites.

Combination:

b3f920bb.png

92b925ee.png

Shadow:

emespr212.png

Colored:

b8666b16.png

Custom:

c79bda9e.png

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
Years
Omg. People, I'M the one to ask to join Mauve Hacking inc. No more mappers I do NOT feel like sending the file to anyone. Yes all of you can be Beta testers. And i someone can find out how to make the Zigzagoon event a Mew event, i'll be your best friend, I will LOVE you! lol. Matilria, you are now a spriter for Mauve Hacking Inc. Chris, thank you for the new userbar! A beta will be realesed later today. I have a few glitches to take care of. I don't know what to do about the May event other than use the script offset that makes her go to Littleroot. Btw people, I was gone for the weekend so I couldn't post. Weekedns I won't be here because...well...moving...sucks...lol. Anyway beta will hopefully be released a little later today. Still stuff to be fixed. Also, if someone can tell me why when I position may and Birch in AdvanceMap, they are there throughout the whole game, please PM me. Btw, the next beta probably won't have fixed text because I haven't downloaded the Advanced Text file yet. I will do that soon. Thank you for reading this.

•Gengazard•

P.S. I will try my hardest to fix Littleroot back to the screenshots shown!

HackMaster72

Ruby+HackMaster= Rubikonartist
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
I can change that event! Im a good scripter so i can do a lot of event editing.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
May I beta test? I'm also a decent splicer, I can mix Pokemon pretty well. I was hoping for a good reason to splice Charizard and Dragonite, if you'd like that. I can also give you a mixed form of Deoxys. PM me after I post the sprites and tell me what you think.

Back