• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Mauve: The Era Of Darkness

Liquinn

Banned
Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    Heya, If it was me personally. I'd get atleast one person to help you with texting, mapping and a bit of spriting. Then you get to feel you made 50% of the game instead of getting the feel you only made 10% of the game. I know this beacause I have a rom hack and it's better if you feel you have made it, not getting it done in a week and letting 50 people do it.

On Topic: Good hack, I wouldant mind been a texter, Mapper or a BETA TESTER. :)

Liquinn.

Last edited:

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • Ok i could've sworn this hack was started a year ago...hmm...well anywayz *just now realizing that the thread is 2 months old* the hack's back on and all of my data is *amazingly* still in my files so i still have the Sigphindale and Ceader Knolls data. I haven't workied on this hack in a while so bear with me people. Sigphindale still has house glitches. I'll try to post screenies *also noticing that half of Mauve Hacking Inc. isn't here anymore* Ima need a bigger crew even though i just realized Innagadadavida still comes around. Well i gotta get back to work.
    Welcome back Gengazard!
    Why thank you random people!

Please don't close this! ;.;

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
  • Your hack looks great! I haven't heard of a plot involving genetically modified pokemon wreaking havok unto the world in a long time.... its such a beautiful plot... XD

Last edited:

Zacceh

Years
  • xD Thanks. Its gonna take a boatload of scripting though.
    Which reminds me, a small example of scripting that needs done is-
    At the beginning of the game with the Zigzagoon event, i need someone who can change that to a Mew event. So Scripting jobs are still available. Screeenies of Sigphindale and route 101 will be up in a few mins. Beta of the updated version will be up later on.

.::EDIT::.
    Alot of glitches there at the very begginning. The truck is out of place and is mis-colored, The little girl near Route 101 doesn't work right. and I NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN CHANGE ZIGZAGOON INTO MEW! o.O Ceader Knolls has a rock glitch so im gonna fix these things BEFORE I realease the first Beta. NOTE-The first beta only goes to Route 103 I THINK. I'll have to check up on that. Any way i still need your full support!

.::EDIT2::.
    I realize that around July and August we had alot of people asking to do mapping and beta testing. There will be no assigned beta testers as i will simply post the beta here. Mapping is all me. I just wanted to clear that up.

.::EDIT3::.
    Ok I got some overworld editing done. The hero and heroine look differant now. Im gonna TRY to make Rayquaza into Gengazard but that'll be a huge challenge. Thanks for your time.

.::EDIT4::.
    Deleted all previous Mauve data. Starting on a fresh ROM. Im sorry about all of the delays but im changing the story a little bit. Again, sorry for the delays

~!~Gengazard~!~

Ok people tragic incident...the hack is suspended until i can find a website that actually LETS you download roms...i used to go to one and i deleted the emerald ROM to start fresh. So um..unless the rules change and someone can give me a link to an Emerald ROM, the project's off. Also, i have no ruby or sapphire roms and it just plain wont work with FireRed so...sorry to anyone who was waiting on this hack...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Sorry to hear that, but ROMs will still not be supplied to you in this forum.

If you decide to continue the work on your Hack, feel free to PM me or Jeremy to re-open this thread for you, within a 1-year period.

But until then,

~closed~

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • The thread is hereby re-opened, as requested by the Hack maker.

Good luck with your Hack.

~re-opened~

Zacceh

Years
  • Thanks again scizz. Anyways people i changed the hack to FireRed and i'm thinking about changing the name. If so the name will be changed to:
    Pokémon Mauve: Dank Jungles

Gengazard will still be featured along with most of the orgional ideas. Zxygan Town (formally Pallet Town) Is no longer accessable via water. this game will feature alot of caves and trees. Like a jungle. there are only a few very large buildings. Oak's Lab is about medium. Yours and Gary's houses will have a cave byte. Some Hoenn Pokémon will be featured. Jhoto Pokémon will also be featured. And there might be new Routes and Towns!

QUICK POLL---------------------------------------------------------------
    Should i cut out Viridian Forest? 0 votes
    Should it stay and become a cave? 0 votes
    Should it stay as-is? 0 votes
    PM me what you vote for and help me improve the game!

Thank you for your time!

~!~Gengazard~!~

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Oh, so this hack is bak in action?

I vote keep it as a forest.

(mainly coz i changed it to a cave in my hack, and without it, it removes a bit of diversity)

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    I agree with Enix-Zae. It should stay a forest. Like when you enter the warp, that is one nice forest picture, I like that. But, anyway, yeah, I vote keep it a forest.

Zacceh

Years
  • Ok 2 votes to keep it a forest. Thanks guys. Ok you know what poll closed. xD. Anyways Enix the hack IS back in action except its a differant VERSION of Mauve.
    The One for Emerald is pretty much travel around the Edited Hoenn region and capture the fusion Pokémon and end the tyrany by either defeating or capturing and taming the mega-powerful Gengazard.
    The current one for FireRed will be to explore the Jungles and find the secrets of Pokémon. Yes there will be a mega-uber. But what it will be shall remain a secret! ;)
    Anyways the reason for the version switch is (as i've more than likely mentioned)--I deleted my emerald version and started fresh on FireRed. The FireRed ROM needs work but im workin' so...meh...anyways thanks for the little bit of support thats being given!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well it's good that you're working in FireRed now - RSE graphics are crap in my opinion.

And, just as a suggestion, maybe you should start a new thread, since this one does contain outdated info.

Good luck dude.

Zacceh

Years
  • Well it's good that you're working in FireRed now - RSE graphics are crap in my opinion.

And, just as a suggestion, maybe you should start a new thread, since this one does contain outdated info.

Good luck dude.
    Im tryin to update but im working on about 1000 things at once. Right now im experimenting with rsball to see what i can come up with. SO far 2 of my ROM's have crashed xD I made backups(finally!) so no delay. Now i gotta figure out unLZ...i'll post updates when i have em'!

Thanks again for all of your support everyone!

~!~Gengazard~!~

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Wow, experiment away. It looks like it'll take some time for you get back up, but as you know you, I'm supporting you all the way. By the way...where's that banner? {adds banner to sig}

Zacceh

Years
  • xD thanks Treecko! O.K. Everyone I updated the Kanto Map. Articuno's Place is now GONE but is replaced by*drumroll* Legendary Island! Yes Legendary island is now accessable! For those of you who don't know, Legendary Island is the island that hosts the three legendary birds. Articuno to the north, Moltres to the west, and Zapdos to the east. I may have saved you a trip across Kanto for the birds, however the Pokémon inside the homes of the legends will be strong. And the Birds will be stronger than before so brace yourselves! Im gonna post the new map in a few minutes!
    .::EDIT::.
    Sry Treecko forgot that the island was your idea! O.K. so credit to Treecko for the island idea!

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    A few minutes huh? I don't know if I can wait that long! Just so excited! Nice idea for the Legendary Island and birds....hmmm didn't I suggest that? Doesn't matter now.

Zacceh

Years
  • O.K. here's the New(but only slightly improved) Lyveriance(new Kanto)!!!

kantomap1162856731.GIF

Comments anyone?

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    I like it, but you really didn't have to give me credit, but thanks anyway buddy. Oh since you're not on msn right now, I can't show you something. So I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to show you. I think you'll really like this surprise.

Zacceh

Years
  • Ok Next update'll be either tomorrow or in a few days. im goin back through with a clean ROM and am gonna redo everything. Route 1 (Safari Pass) will be hard to fix but i'll try to do it. AGain (for about the 17th time) thanks for all of your support and patience!

~!~Gengazard~!~

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hey, good luck with your project. I guess it's tough to work on something with a team, and then the team disbands. That's why I'm giving you a cheer up message. The story is quite interesting to lose it. I hope you dont need to close/reopen once more (and... stay away from runescape, it seems evil... :D)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    good job

good photoshopping with title, game looks great keep it up!

Back