• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "Is my Pokémon legit or not?" Thread

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    YAY :D thanks. Anyone else can give their opinion too though.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The Dialga is most likely hacked but can still be legit.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Which location did you get it from, as in TRU location?

On page 4 of this thread over at Smogon someone posted that they got a (hacked) shiny Shaymin and a picture of the Wonder Card was posted.

I also saw a post over in Serebii's forums talking about a hacked wonder card distributing an entire party of Pokemon at the NYC Tru location, but I tend to take posts from SPPF with a grain of salt.

OM Jesus!!!!! I live in Ann Arbor as well, and most likely got the WC from the same TRU. Luckily, there was nothing hacked about the WC.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Just wondering if you use pokesav to obtain an item e.g. members card and use that item to get a pokemon e.g. Darkrai will the pokemon be counted legit because only the item is hacked or not since hacking devices were used

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I personally think it depends on the game you are playing. In platinum there will be an event for the Member's Pass and for Oak's Letter, so it will vary from person to person whether the Darkrai or Shaymin is hacked or not. However, you cannot legitimately obtain Shaymin or Darkrai on D/P without going to an event or transferring Darkrai from Pokemon Ranger, so I think it's generally agreed upon that in D/P, those pokes are considered hacks.

Asch_R2

The Power Within
    Years
  • Shiny Smeargle
    OT - ASH
    ID - 21314
    Level - 50
    Location - Hoenn

Hp - 121
    Attk - 26
    Sp, Attk - 42
    Sp. Def - 55
    Speed - 92

Abilty - Own Tempo

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Shiny Smeargle
    OT - ASH
    ID - 21314
    Level - 50
    Location - Hoenn

Hp - 121
    Attk - 26
    Sp, Attk - 42
    Sp. Def - 55
    Speed - 92

Abilty - Own Tempo

It would have helped if you had also included its Nature and Defense, but it appears to be legitimate.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I personally think it depends on the game you are playing. In platinum there will be an event for the Member's Pass and for Oak's Letter, so it will vary from person to person whether the Darkrai or Shaymin is hacked or not. However, you cannot legitimately obtain Shaymin or Darkrai on D/P without going to an event or transferring Darkrai from Pokemon Ranger, so I think it's generally agreed upon that in D/P, those pokes are considered hacks.

Some further explanation:

Many of the legendary Pokes of Sinnoh had their levels changed for various reasons. For example, Darkrai and Shaymin in Plat are level 50. In D/P, they're level 40.

And just walking through walls/tweaking won't work in Plat. Their respective islands will be empty until the event is activated with the Key Item (Oak's Letter, Member Pass).

Now, of course, if you hack the Key Item and activate the event, no one will be able to tell that you hacked it (assuming that the rest of the world will get the items like Japan is). It'll still be hacked since you used an external device to aid you in capturing it, but no one but you would be able to tell.

As for hacking the key items into D/P, they'll be 100% hacked. That doesn't make them bad. I'm doing it on my D/P games since the key items will never be released for them, but I have no intention of battling or trading them.

Years
  • Curious to my Jirachi, hacked?

I have a Jirachi which I think is hacked

ID - 08305
    OT - WI-FI
    Cherish Ball
    Wi-fi Gift
    Apparently had a fateful encouter at lv 30
    Classic Ribbon
    HP - 108
    Atk - 58
    Def - 88
    Sp Atk - 97
    Sp Def - 65
    Spd - 65

I can't find much about it but if it is hacked i'm just going to release it.

I also have

OT - Wishmkr
    ID - 20043
    Pokeball
    Hoenn
    Arrived at lv 38 (Still lv 38)
    Champion Ribbon (i'm guessin he was just sitting at the sidelines going through the elite four being only lv38 heh)
    Hp - 138
    Atk - 92
    Def - 91
    Sp Atk - 87
    Sp Def - 93
    Spd - 85

Thanks in advance for any help :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Wifi one is legit the who knows about the other one. I herd its imposible to get jirachi from hoen. Its stats do look like the should. The Wifis stats are perfect. Note to cell PKMN with weird wrighting as there names are hacked. The writing looks like chineese but even stranger so dont accept any like that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Oh, I guess wifi is hacked then. But where do you get jirachi at in hoen? I thought the wifi could of ment obtained from pkmn colloseum. I wouldnt make a deal about it though since stats seem dead on for both.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Im off. I wouldnt release any unless your 100% sure its hacked. Check the ID that will help u figure out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I have a Jirachi which I think is hacked

ID - 08305
    OT - WI-FI
    Cherish Ball
    Wi-fi Gift
    Apparently had a fateful encouter at lv 30
    Classic Ribbon
    HP - 108
    Atk - 58
    Def - 88
    Sp Atk - 97
    Sp Def - 65
    Spd - 65

I can't find much about it but if it is hacked i'm just going to release it.

I also have

OT - Wishmkr
    ID - 20043
    Pokeball
    Hoenn
    Arrived at lv 38 (Still lv 38)
    Champion Ribbon (i'm guessin he was just sitting at the sidelines going through the elite four being only lv38 heh)
    Hp - 138
    Atk - 92
    Def - 91
    Sp Atk - 87
    Sp Def - 93
    Spd - 85

Thanks in advance for any help :D

Yes, the first one is 100% hacked. The second one should be legitimate.

Back