• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "Is my Pokémon legit or not?" Thread

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    This is the official thread for asking if your Pokémon is legitimate or not, cause threads solely asking if something is legit or not gets really annoying. Before posting, you might want to consult this thread. If you still have questions, post here.

Rules
    - No going off-topic. Self explanitory.
    - Don't post comments like, "OMFG ITZ HACKED U NOOB HOW CAN U NOT TELL". Such comments will result in an infraction for spam.
    - Myself and Horizon have lives. We can't watch this thread 24/7. If you see spam, report it. Don't mini-mod. Mini-mod is subject to laughing at.
    - You must state the following:
    Pokemon
    Level caught
    Ball caught
    Location caught
    Trainer caught
    Moveset

Other information can be provided, such as the EV/IVs, date caught, ribbons, held items, etc. Hopefully this will be of some use to some of you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    hey i have a shiny movie shaymin everything is okay except that the ot is in blue instead of red , is it legit cause i heard all movie shaymins have a red ot

Pingouin_7

Not at all. No 4th gen shinies can be shiny except WCS Milotic and the ticket events. And it's OT is supposed to be red, by the way.

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Not at all. No 4th gen shinies can be shiny except WCS Milotic and the ticket events. And it's OT is supposed to be red, by the way.

It is actually unknown whether or not WC pokemon can or cannot be shiny. There's too little evidence to prove either side since hex and pokesav can't prove either at this point, at least not until some well known trade personally acquires it themselves (say you possibly SRed for it and finally got one as an example). Therefore, at this point, it's really up to the individual themselves to believe which is true. And yes, the OT should be red, which means the shaymin is hacked anyways.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years

This has been discussed and disputed on this forum before, and I can assure you that Color Me Evil, my mod partner here at D/P/P, has extensive information about said events, and has enough evidence to suggest that they can be. We have had many discussions about whether to allow them to be traded here or not, but we have decided to let them go ahead.

Since she is a keen collector and handles the event Pokemon side of things here, I trust her word.

Years
    Pokemon - Mewtwo
    Level caught - Arrived at Lv. 100
    Ball caught - Ultra Ball.. I think xD
    Location caught - Well.. Kanto
    Trainer caught - It doesn't have any english characters in it, all Japanese.
    Moveset- Ice Beam/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere

I got it from the GTS, which makes me uneasy about this. My Ruby game got screwed up permanently from a Mewtwo and I'm scared to save my game with a random Mewtwo in my game xD.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I got three Pokémon for breeding from a "friend" over the GTS. I am, done with them and want to trade them, but I don't want to trade hacked pokemon.

Pokemon-Venasaur
    Level caught-
    Ball caught-
    Pokéball
    Location caught-
    Kanto
    Trainer caught-
    Tommy
    Moveset
    -Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, SolarBeam, Synthesis

Pokemon-Charizard
    Level caught-
    Ball caught-
    Pokéball
    Location caught-
    Kanto
    Trainer caught-
    Tommy
    Moveset -
    Fire Fang, Flamethrower,Fly,Dragon Pulse

Pokemon-Blastoise
    Level caught-
    Ball caught-
    Pokéball
    Location caught-
    Kanto
    Trainer caught-
    Tommy
    Moveset -
    Water Pulse, Aqua Tail, Surf, and Earthquake

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    hey i have a shiny movie shaymin everything is okay except that the ot is in blue instead of red , is it legit cause i heard all movie shaymins have a red ot

I have one as well. My question is can it learn seed flare at lv.50? that's the lv I'm assuming that it was caught. The OT is in red. I went to bulbapedia and it said that shaymin learns seed flare in the 90's so I'm a little curious

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ - You might want to post the EV/IVs since nothing seems wrong with what you provided.
    @Kavin - Seed Flare is more than likely the event move so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

@Kavin - Seed Flare is more than likely the event move so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

They did the same with the Manaphy events. Those level 50 Movie Manaphy's (e4all, tru, etc...) all learned Heart Swap, even though it doesn't normally get it until much later.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    @ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ - You might want to post the EV/IVs since nothing seems wrong with what you provided.
    Er.. how do I find those out?

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Pokemon:darkrai
    Level caught:met at a fateful encounter lvl 40
    Ball caught:that red one
    Location caught:new moon island
    Trainer caught:ALAMOS ID is 07318
    Movesetdark void dark pulse roar of time spacial rend

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I got three Pokémon for breeding from a "friend" over the GTS. I am, done with them and want to trade them, but I don't want to trade hacked pokemon.

Pokemon-Venasaur
    Level caught-
    Ball caught-
    Pokéball
    Location caught-
    Kanto
    Trainer caught-
    Tommy
    Moveset
    -Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, SolarBeam, Synthesis

Pokemon-Charizard
    Level caught-
    Ball caught-
    Pokéball
    Location caught-
    Kanto
    Trainer caught-
    Tommy
    Moveset -
    Fire Fang, Flamethrower,Fly,Dragon Pulse

Pokemon-Blastoise
    Level caught-
    Ball caught-
    Pokéball
    Location caught-
    Kanto
    Trainer caught-
    Tommy
    Moveset -
    Water Pulse, Aqua Tail, Surf, and Earthquake
    If they're all at least level 36 (Venasaur must be at least 32) then they should be legit unless they have bizarre stats
    Pokemon:darkrai
    Level caught:met at a fateful encounter lvl 40
    Ball caught:that red one
    Location caught:new moon island
    Trainer caught:ALAMOS ID is 07318
    Movesetdark void dark pulse roar of time spacial rend
    100% hacked It should say pokemon event not new moon island and should be at least level 50 if it's Alamos

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    If they're all at least level 36 (Venasaur must be at least 32) then they should be legit unless they have bizarre stats

100% hacked It should say pokemon event not new moon island and should be at least level 50 if it's Alamos
    Ok, then. They should be alright, they all are level 100.

Back