• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'd like to learn how to do photoshop. I can do really simple stuff on it, so i want to learn more.
11Garchomp.png

So ill just put you in the design class.

@ Demidian: Well I am just hoping that more GIMP teachers come so you are not the only class.

Renyui!

ascender
Years
  • when does school start? and how do i upload brushes onto gimp? and is there a certain program for fonts? cause everytime i download a font is says EFW file. or will i learn this all in Gimp school?

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    All in the time being...i will teach you that stuff in due time,

@El Capitano: meh..who doesnt want to be a role model.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Demidian, that's what the graphics rating thread is for. xD It's not as though he hasn't posted those banners there as well. Onto the main point of this post, I'd appreciate it if you didn't imply any form of cursing, since that could be considered censor-bypass depending on the word you were going to use. ;< I'll let it go this time, though, please edit it out.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    El Capitano;; I might have to disroll as a teacher, but not yet, depending on when we can get this school started, because my school is starting real soon.

@ Demidian: Okay, I beleive that your class is ready to start. Please look at the first post, learn all your students... and inform them that the school year is aproaching.

Now wait for me to Edit this post, and the first post with how to create your own class (in a new thread). This is verry important, do not create the homeroom withought reffering to this guide.

~Happy Teaching!

EDIT:

How to make your verry own homeroom!

1) Go to the Graphics, and Photogrophy forum, and create a new thread.
    2) Name it anything you like, just aslong it is verry apparent it is your homeroom (graphics school class: for example - Graphics School {El Capitano's Homeroom})
    3) This is the most important part, you mus have a layout for your class, so it is easy to follow what is for homework (yes teachers will assign homework). There should be atleast three sections.

- An intro. (tell your students about your style, what you like to do with your program. And most of all, what you are going to cover in your class)

- Students list. (just list your students. Also add some contact info, so that new students can join the fun!

- An Assignments list ( have a list of all of the current, and past assignments. Try and be very, very, VERY descriptive with what you want them to do. So there is no "AHH WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!?!?!?!" You can try and link tutorials for some of your lessons also. ------------- Remember not to delete the old Assignments so people who start late can pick up.

4) If you want to reffer to something just go to this link =
    -link removed- Have a nice day! ^^ -Xenoc

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • Could I please sign up to be a student? If I need to show some examples please go to my Banner thread which is called- PT's Banner Thread.

Thanks,
    Pikachu Trainer

Shadez

-
    Years
  • can i just sign up for student like this ?

if so i like to sign up as student for a gimp class doesn't matter who's the teacher
    just as long as it's a gimp class

and also do i need examples of work cause i only ever made one banner
    and i have one WIP, but i can upload them if i need examples
    just let me now if any information is missing

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yo, let's not be posting links to other forums El Capitano. ;< Since the nature of the link posting is distinctly different this time around, I'll just give you a yellow infraction.

The Rules said:
    Linking to other forums is not allowed in posts or private messages.
    The only space where a forum link may be posted in is your signature.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • El Capitano, can I switch to Demedian's class? Because I don't think there's going to be any more GIMP teachers. And I want to eat Demedian's banners, they look delicious 8D

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    They Do ? o.O, any to the point, i am making my thread now and will be pming all my students, but el capitano? am i just the program class for now? because ill just teach gimp altogether if you want until we can find more teachers

~Jack

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Yes start your class, but remember to follow the guide, and take your time,
    EDIT: NO DONT, sorry i thought your homeroom status was ready
    Edit 2; Homeroom Finished and assignment typed up, That was a lot of writing....:(

Last edited:
    @ Demidian: YAY! Ok your homeroom is so tidy! Just as I invisioned them. Yeah I agree with you, teach basically everything in GIMP, if it isnt to much to ask...

@ evilcheese: When your class is at the Ready (but still needs more students), or higher you may create your class. You have no students at the time being so in short, no you may not create your class yet.

@ azonic: You have been transfered to Demidians class! :)

EDIT: ANOUNCEMENT: Hey guys if you are in BreD or Demidian's class please check their homerooms, read the assignments, and then post your outcomes there.

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    @ Demidian: YAY! Ok your homeroom is so tidy! Just as I invisioned them. Yeah I agree with you, teach basically everything in GIMP, if it isnt to much to ask...
    YAYS! its tidy, well i put alot of work into it, it took hours to wirte (exaggeration probably about half an hour), well i've edited the student list, and i've put the assignments on through google pages just so its extra tidy ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back