• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I read somewhere that the genre originated in the 80s. Then it died out. So in essence, emo is dead. x_x;;

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Emo was never alive: it's just a whiny, depressing subsection of punk music xD

..Chav is like..Dude, no idea xD

I prefer not to label myself, kthx

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Emo was never alive: it's just a whiny, depressing subsection of punk music xD

I prefer not to label myself, kthx

lol you choose not to label urself mister metal?
    Emo makes no sense to me...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Eh, I guess it was pretty popular in its time, I guess. Now it's just annoying.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Scarlet said:
    Chavs? o_O What are those?
    Erica said:
    Yeah, I have no idea what a chav is. o_O
    Michael said:
    Being an American, I don't know if I can explain it properly, but here goes...

Chavs are working-class British people, typically in their teens to 20s, with a penchant for antisocial behaviour and delinquency; they can be visually distinguished by their liberal usage of imitation gold, baseball caps in the Burberry pattern (almost always counterfeit), track suits, and hoodies.

Either that, or you can read the Wiki treatise on them.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Wait, so like...

Spoiler:

Yeah, I totally went there just now.

...Dude, how the hell do you know my name? o_O

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I think I get it... somewhat :/ I'll look it up. Does it stand for something or it is just "chav" (like "emo" is short for "emotional")

Years
    Yeah, I have no idea what a chav is. o_O

Also, emo doesn't mean "emotionally unstable." It really does draw from the emo music genre. I forget exactly what it was, but I think it spawned from certain rock/punk bans that were... very emotional on stage? XD Something weird like that. The emo style that we have now is based off the people in said bands. Since it's a mainstream thing now, I guess emo culture just took off. :\

I dunno how it got from being music based to the depressing, trendy thing it is now though. XD;

I know that. That was a joking statement. My only stereotypical friend called it that, and i made me mad. I explained to him it meant about the music genre. Did i forget to put quotes around that?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think you did or I wouldn't have pounced on it. XD;

Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of Americanisms, but since so much of American pop culture makes it's way to other countries, it's probably just ingrained in most other places too. :|

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Wait, so like...

Spoiler:

Yeah, I totally went there just now.

...Dude, how the hell do you know my name? o_O
    Marshall Mathers is not a chav. These are chavs.

I have my sources.

I think I get it... somewhat :/ I'll look it up. Does it stand for something or it is just "chav" (like "emo" is short for "emotional")
    As far as I know, "chav" isn't short for anything.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I think it may stand for something, I'm not sure

'Council house and violent' apparently =/

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    I know what a chav is, what they look like and how they act and stuff, but I can't explain to my friends. They'll just be like "WTF is a chav?" xD

Stereotypes are stupid anyway. They make people feel bad in most cases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back