• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Count To Infinity - v12

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024

I had an Arcanine in my first Black 2 run and yeah, it was not that easy to raise during the mid game, but it was decent enough up until Burgh or so ^^; and even after that, I was able to get a normal Exp. Share and make it easier to level him up!
    In the end? Sure, Chandelure and Darmanitan hit way harder, but Arcanine has incredibly well-rounded stats to make up for it ;)

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 19, 2024

I see. AFAIK Kanto does not have too many good fire types. There's the Charmander line and Ponyta and Rapidash off the top of my head.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Always here for some Chandelure praise <3

Thought you may like some more Chandelure praise so! Let it be known that I brought it to the Unova League a couple times and was always a strong asset... after babying it for about 20 levels. I especially remember the Chandelure that I got in a small challenge run I did of Black 2 where I would never battle wild Pokémon for exp! Basically... the effort is worth it ♥

Years

All this Chandelure talk is making me wonder if I ever even used one... I don't recall any so probably not 😅

One of my wisdom teeth lies kinda "horizontally" and kinda pushes into the tooth right in front of it. It doesn't hurt per se, at least right now. But it feels really awkward and occasionally stings a little. It'll probably need to go some time in the near future...

Good luck with the Dentist, whenever you need to go 😊

People drop it when they get banned. Why else do you think do we talk about it here so much? :D

Loot drops =o
    What can you craft with them? =D

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Looks like I may need a new laptop in a while. After ten years of (kinda) perma use it's been getting rather slow. I actually got it just shortly before manufacturers started shipping them out with ssd's as well as with more M$ bs hardware requirements...

So, I may need to invest a little bit more work to get it set up. xD
    Loot drops =o
    What can you craft with them? =D
    Is there anything better than chocolate?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    239 967

It's funny, my 2-yo laptop is currently dying from having known Windows 11...
    I installed Windows 11 a week ago, but it made my laptop super slow (to the point where it was freezing when I typed a word on Notepad++), so I decided to revert back to Windows 10, but after the installation, it wouldn't start without a blue screen of death... ^^"
    I've found a repairer, and I'm waiting :(

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Chromebooks are wacky computers.

They can't download anything. It'll basically tell you "not supported, get something else that can download files".

I've burned through 10 different chargers because they all break.

Yet it's the fastest browsing experience I've ever had.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Ends up electron kinda ate like 95+% of my CPU usage even though I wasn't even running anything that used it. Guess I won't be using Atom and sticking with VS Code (more optimized and uses a newer version of electron). The science of finding a text editor, I tell you... <_<

I really wish there was a good alterative to VS Code, though. One that doesn't require you to buy a new license (100$) whenever they have a version upgrade.

Years
    Idk how old my laptop is exactly, but I just rummaged through my e-mail and the oldest monthly report from my AV that I could find is from 18 January 2014.
    So I've had this thing for over 8 years now =o

Just... I knew it's old... but seeing that number just made me go 0.0

239 967

It's funny, my 2-yo laptop is currently dying from having known Windows 11...
    I installed Windows 11 a week ago, but it made my laptop super slow (to the point where it was freezing when I typed a word on Notepad++), so I decided to revert back to Windows 10, but after the installation, it wouldn't start without a blue screen of death... ^^"
    I've found a repairer, and I'm waiting :(

Classic Wind0hs.... hopefully they can fix it Cooler 🤞

Last edited:
    Years

Oh yeah I'm not switching to 11 until maybe a year from now or so. Needa wait for the kinks to pad out~

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    239 972

A wise choice indeed, Roni.

I really wish there was a good alterative to VS Code, though. One that doesn't require you to buy a new license (100$) whenever they have a version upgrade.
    Maybe Eclipse? There's probably a plugin for any language you're using.
    Also I remember using and loving Qt Creator if you need a C++ IDE specifically.

Classic Wind0hs.... hopefully they can fix it Cooler 🤞
    The repair guy installed an SSD + a RAM stick + saved my files (+ my Microsoft Office legal licence).
    I'll get it back in a few hours or tomorrow, depending on when he's done.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Maybe Eclipse? There's probably a plugin for any language you're using.
    Also I remember using and loving Qt Creator if you need a C++ IDE specifically.
    I'm looking for a text editor specifically. IDEs are a little bit much for what I'm doing at home. And afaik Eclipse also brings in a ton of Java dependencies. For some small Python things that's kinda not worth it (and, you know, just doing regular text editor things like opening text files).

Years

Skribbl.io is so fun but it sucks that I either can't type fast enough or blank out last minute at the answer lmao

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    239 978

It turns out that Windows 11 wasn't the problem (or maybe it was); my HDD is actually corrupted. I wanna cry but I don't know how I should proceed 🤔
    The repair guy will try to get back as much data as possible.

I'm looking for a text editor specifically. IDEs are a little bit much for what I'm doing at home. And afaik Eclipse also brings in a ton of Java dependencies. For some small Python things that's kinda not worth it (and, you know, just doing regular text editor things like opening text files).

I am a Notepad++ advocate :D I love this software, it's very light, very general, very customizable, it has a lot of plugins. I use this to dev my fangame in Ruby (RPG Maker's Editor is awful) and to code in Python.
    However I don't use any debugger with it, and actually I've never looked for debuggers so I don't know if it has any ^^"

I'm still on win 8 lol
    😂

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I am a Notepad++ advocate :D I love this software, it's very light, very general, very customizable, it has a lot of plugins. I use this to dev my fangame in Ruby (RPG Maker's Editor is awful) and to code in Python.
    However I don't use any debugger with it, and actually I've never looked for debuggers so I don't know if it has any ^^"
    I haven't used N++ since forever. They don't even have a Linux port. It also looks very old to me. I guess it's still a lot easier to use than Vim. Code seems like the top dog of these types of software these days.
    I actually possess even a license for Sublime Text 3. But when they moved on to 4 and demanded people to pay full price for a license upgrade that's when I jumped the ship and looked for alternatives.

Back