• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Diamond:
    pwnd Gardenia with my awesome tactics. Piplup took out Cherubi and Turtwig with Pluck.

As for Roserade...

Aipom uses fake out.
    roserade flinched

aipom uses baton pass (switches in geodude)
    roserade uses magical leaf
    geodude faints

aipom uses fake out
    roserade faints.

Dropped Phione from my team, but used it to win the first 2 ranks of cute contests.

Now currently pratting about with the Sinnoh Newspaper errands while raising up my Elekid.

Current team:
    Elekid lv.19, Adamant, Cross Chop, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Shock Wave
    Prinplup lv.35 Naive, Bubblebeam, Brine, Pluck, Peck
    Ambipom lv.32 Adamant, Fake Out, Double Hit, Agility, Baton Pass
    Egg (Happiny)

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Spent all of today training up my pokés for the pokémon league, current team:

Dialga Lvl.57
    Carnivine Lvl . 58
    Rapidash Lvl. 58
    Quagsire Lvl. 60
    Luxray Lvl. 60
    Empoleon Lvl. 60

Bought a crapload of Revives and Hyper Potions and saved before the league. Have a bad feeling that Cynthia's Garchomp will still be a problem, Dialga knows Blizzard but it's hard to hit and it's still only at level 57 and her Garchomp is 66...

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i missed catching an eggxecute in the great marsh, but i did manage to finally catch a croagunk.

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
  • I FINALLY extorted my second Gold Print from Hall Matron Argenta, courtesy of my Porygon-Z and more than a little luck. Final victory over her Latias: 61-27879-87258

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    i'm about to take some vacation on iron island to take the galactic goons there..lol!

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    i spent a few hours trying to catch female combee. i was next to hearthome city where you enter mt.coronet and i used 230 ultra balls and 8 boxes in my pc to catch combee but unfortunately they were all male oones . and i thought to my self. one last try then next second combee came up and it look a bit red so i though is it female and i saw the female icon! but the problem was i had no ultra balls only quick balls. i had about 300. i used 143 of them and finally i cought it! so now i trained it to lvl 20 and it evolved to vespiqueen!

Dang. How does it take that many Pokeballs to catch a Combee?

Anyway, I got my Combee in one shot. One Net Ball, one attack. LOL. I just killed Eterna gym and now have:

Luxio
    Prinplup
    Noctowl
    Vespiquen

toothfairy

Battling since Blue
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    In LG: Trained my shiny Victreebel to lvl 44 to catch up with my other team members. I'm gonna migrate it once i beat the E4 so i can add it to my Forest theme team.

Current LG Team (training all to lvl 50 before i challenge Erika):
    Spiral (Pidgeot) lvl 45
    Kura (Pidgeot) lvl 44
    Iban (Charizard) lvl 44
    Ivy (Victreebel) lvl 44
    Epicness (Gyrados) lvl 30 (Day-Care)

In Platinum: After completing my solo run with Kricketune, I got my Eevee out of the PC to train it into a Leafeon. Now training it for my Forest themed team.

Current Platinum team:

Jiminy (Kricketune) lvl 100
    Leafeon lvl 50

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    I dont know which starter to get, but my favorite Pokemon are out of reach. I need to somehow trade for some pokemon.

My faves are:

Houndoom
    Grovyle
    Ampharos
    Mudkip
    Crocanaw
    Buizel- obtainable before league
    Scizor
    Kecleon
    Bagon
    Zangoose- obtainable before league

PROBLEM:

These are the exact pokes that i like. Only buizel and zangoose are obtainable. and i dont like any of their evos. My D/P team might consist of:

Ah forget it, there are no good pokemon to start with... I hate T-wizzle because he suxx past Level 30, i tried. I dont like Prinplup and Empoleon, ugly-@$$ freaks. Chimmz is overused, and I hate that. I guess I'll pick one... I dont know how to make non evos do well in battle. I battle best with my favorites, why I like GOLD VERSION so much. But I dont have any friends who are willing to trade. I might go with T-wizz and GTS if for a Treecko. Whats funny is that Kadabra sucks at lv 40, and so does (sc)rotom. Crobat isnt good for ingame. Magikarp is too hard to babysit without a freaking EXP share. Luxray= overused. Bibarel= weak. Staraptor= overused. Not until route 211 can i get into the nosepass section of MT CORONET. Right now I'm trying to find a way to get some half decent looking pokemon. Thats my challenge: to get the best looking pokemon that i like. which doesnt exist in DPP. So thats where I am right now.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • on my way to Celestic Town, not been long since i defeated Crasher Wake, also traded in a Magmar Lv30 from the gts

my team;

Torterra Lv34
    Floatzel Lv34
    Magmar Lv34
    Kadabra Lv34
    Machoke Lv34
    Staravia Lv33

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Figured out my team...

T-wizzle- trade for Chimmz with egg moves (t-pawnch and Dubkick)
    Noctowl
    Buizel/Lotad (most likely Lotad because Ludicolo is cool and Floatzel isnt)(might have to trade since I dont have Sapphire anymoar)
    Combee
    Trade something for Mareep
    Trade something for Grovyle

I'll end up with something like:

Monferno- Blaze
    Noctowl- Aeris
    Ludicolo- (need nickname)
    Vespiquen- (need nickname)
    Ampharos- Volt
    Grovyle- Blade

Stuck on Cynthia at elite foar

I might try an all grass challenge after that...

Shiftry
    Grovyle
    Ludicolo
    Breloom
    Tropius
    Roserade

Stuck on Gym 7

I will post later about how that team went (the first one)...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just decided i cba with Veilstone gym, so i went from Hearthome to Pastoria instead.
    Caught tons of pokes in Great Marsh (bluddy Gyarados, yet no Croagunk1!!).

Trained Prinplup and Ambipom up to lv.36
    got Elekid to lv.30 in Pastoria gym, where it evolved.
    Happiny hatchededed!!!!!!!
    Beat Wake solely with Electabuzz (lucky 1HKO crit with Cross Chop on Quagsire)

I noticed he only had 3 pokes...sure he normally has a Whishcash aswell.

Then went underground and walked into my own secret base 30 times (2 Dses, Diamond and Platinum), so now when i eventually get back to the Hallowed Tower, Spiritomb should be hanging about (never seen it before).

Current progress:

Badges: 3
    Pokedex: Seen:77 Caught: 42
    Team:
    Ambipom lv.36
    Prinplup lv.36
    Electabuzz lv.30 (any more and he won't obey, dammit!!)
    Staravia lv.18 (just got it out of the box when i looked and saw it was Jolly natured)
    Happiny lv.3
    unsure on what i'll use as a final poke, maybe i'll trade Latias, Bagon or Beldum over from Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Figured out my damned team that I will use.

Chimchar
    Hoothoot
    Trade for Treecko
    Trade for Lotad
    Vespiquen
    Nosepass

It's crap, and most likely be able to beat Cyrus or Cynthia... but I'll find some shop on this site with free pokes and see if I can get a decent IVed Pokemon or at least one with egg moves.

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    happy to say that i've finally got a munchlax for the very first time. yeah.. very first time. now i know one honey tree to slather to find hopefully a heracross maybe. hearcross cause i haven't caught heracross from honey trees. i like the test of luck and surprise.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I fought my friend on Wi-Fi and beat Pikachu with Wooper, and when I sent it out she laughed but didn't realize that electric moves can't hit ground types *Snicker*

I also got a Quilava and I'm training it alongside my new Furret... I like to make up stories about wild Poke'mon I fight.

Back