• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: -=~//::Pokemon Amethyst::\\~=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    I figured it out, agipix is VERY simple.
    Thanks alot Digital Mage, the Mudkip looks great
    edit: Ive finished the inserting the whole line.
    edit2: In the rocket gym, many trainers will be using mutated pokemon. Here are a few examples. Im having trouble changing the types of the pokemon, that is the ony thing i need to do(and stats for mudkip) to make the pokemon completely new.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    i need a in game sprite and a in battle sprite back and front before i releas the beta. I may be able to release it by sunday if i get this inserted and then iw ill finish the next route and town.

Update:Mudkip line is fully in game now with stats and types fully edited.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    The sprites look great digital mage i will try to insert them today. The only other sprites i need for the beta are: a new rival sprite, and 2 new gymleader sprites(flying and rock gyms).

I still need another text editor to help me out with changing the many things that random events say to make it match the storyline and to make the game more original.

Edit: Im havig trouble with Meowths GFX inserter, DOS programs wont work on my PC fomr some reason so i wont be able to insert the sprites yet.

Edit2: I fixed the problem with my computer but im still having trouble inserting the sprite, i need you to send them to me in GIF format because when i convert them the colors get screwy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    im sorry to double post but no one would see this if i didnt.

Im having serious trouble with meowth GIF program. I got it working but it freezes up when i try to load the pic. Can someone please send me thre trainer pics above either inserted into the game(in a blank space near the end please) or atleast converted into .gb format using the GIF program that comes with meowths inserter. This is a big problem because i really want to have the new sprites in the beta.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    so which gym leader is which? They look good.

I may be able to post a beta tomorrow but it is doubtful because im having trouble inserting these sprites. My computer doesnt not work with meowths gif program and i dont want to release the beta without these sprites in it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    i think that i wil release beta no matter what tomorrow but it wont be even close to final version because not much storyline is in the game yet. Hopefully i will be able to have the first 2 gyms but that maybe unrealistic. For some reason i cant use agipix to insert the main trainer pic so not even the front will be in the game. The gym leaders are inserting perfectly.

Digital Mage: Are you goign to make mini sprites for the gym leaders too?

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • Digital Mage: Are you goign to make mini sprites for the gym leaders too?

Sure I will. But did you know that AGIXP only replaces the trainer sprite in the intro. Not the one on the trainer card. I know how to do that in tile layer but it is very hard cos the image is sliced.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    Hmm thats even more dissapointing, hopefully i can get meowth for the front pic but possibly not. Anyway, on the beta, check here later today and i will have posted everything i have so far. All i have to do now is complete the giant mountain/cave that you travel into to get to the 2nd badge.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    Ok, as promised, here is the new beta. Dont forget to catch mudkip in the swamp above the first route. Also, i hope you like the 3rd town its the perfect setting for a rock gym, in a cave!

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • looks great so far i've been playing, good work. I'm looking forward to the finished version. Also I've just had a thought, is there any way to make the mudkip in the swamp a stand alone encounter. Like ho-oh or lugia.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    yes it is possible but it is much harder to do this in GSC then it is in RSE because the scripting is harder and theres no simple program and it needs to be done with hex only which could take a while. There are a certain number of these on off battles already in the game tho which are easy to figure out how to edit. I didnt want to waste one of these on mudkip because i have better plans for these spots.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    This hack is great so far. The beta is really good, but it does need a few text changes and there is a few fairly minor bugs, but other than that keep it up!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back