• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    You can PM on here if needed!

You need luma on the 3DS to use that method, so you'll have to set that up first.

I had the Luma, what's I mean is that the hack not in SD card but in the N3ds internal memory. So as your guide, I will need to copy the Luma folder to root folder of N3ds internal memory instead the SD card. That where I stuck, I don't know how to perform that 😂

for more specific, the previous owner done this step "Copying Luma3DS to Your Internal 3DS Storage", so now the sd card does not contain Luma folder anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I had the Luma, what's I mean is that the hack not in SD card but in the N3ds internal memory. So as your guide, I will need to copy the Luma folder to root folder of N3ds internal memory instead the SD card. That where I stuck, I don't know how to perform that 😂

for more specific, the previous owner done this step "Copying Luma3DS to Your Internal 3DS Storage", so now the sd card does not contain Luma folder anymore.
    Oh, I didn't even know the N3DS had internal storage. Would probably be good to fix that so the luma folder is back on the SD card, as there's very little space on the internal storage. I don't have a N3DS though so can't help you with that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    Oh, I didn't even know the N3DS had internal storage. Would probably be good to fix that so the luma folder is back on the SD card, as there's very little space on the internal storage. I don't have a N3DS though so can't help you with that.

After done "Copying Luma3DS to Your Internal 3DS Storage" step, the N3DS can boot to Luma directly without the need of SD card, so event I follow the hack guide to make Luma folder again, it still use internal storage to boot, not SD card 😂

I will try to ask around to see if there is any way then, thank you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I know you can't give any of the roms but regarding the update is it 66.87mb?

or better yet is there an easy way to tell if we got the correct update + patch ingame? Just want to make sure my photonic sun works.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    How to ev train pokemon, i read that you can ev train without grinding, but i don't know where to increase the ev, there are no documentation about that, or i miss it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    What is the chance of Frosslass appearing from SOS chaining Snorunt?
    I've had snorunt succesfully call for help over 20 times in a single encounter with no Frosslass and I've done it multiple times. That is not counting all the times that it called for help and nothing showed up.
    It just seems incedibly close to impossible. Good news is that at least I got a shiny snorunt from all the SOS chaining, but not a single Frosslass appeareance.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    One question, and sorry if this had been answered before but, where I can buy vitamins? Tried on shops, and royal done but nothing. I know I can always "turn off" the hack and buy on stores, but, maybe you moved the vitamins elsewhere and that isn't on the documents

SkyKid

certified idiot
    Years
    • Age 17
    • he/they
    • earth
    • Seen Jul 21, 2023
    Hey I finished this rom hack today and had a lot of fun!

However, I made an account just to say that I feel as if I'm entitled to therapy after having to suffer through those elite four fights.

All joking aside, this is a very well made rom hack and I did enjoy the added difficulty. Might even play the post game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    One question, and sorry if this had been answered before but, where I can buy vitamins? Tried on shops, and royal done but nothing. I know I can always "turn off" the hack and buy on stores, but, maybe you moved the vitamins elsewhere and that isn't on the documents
    IIRC they're still in the league shop. They're very limited in this gen so I'd recommend using power items and SOS calls to train instead.
    Hey I finished this rom hack today and had a lot of fun!

However, I made an account just to say that I feel as if I'm entitled to therapy after having to suffer through those elite four fights.

All joking aside, this is a very well made rom hack and I did enjoy the added difficulty. Might even play the post game.
    Hey, thanks! Glad you liked it!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    Hi Buffel,

This is a fantastic mod, I really appreciate the work you've done on it.

However, like many of the posters in this thread, I have been unable to find a safe copy of the 1.2 update, which causes crashes at certain points. I've been using workarounds, such as using PKHex to give myself needed items to avoid using marts, and to give myself a level 100 arceus for the water trial so I can sweep through that before anybody can use water pulse or aqua ring. However, I've reached a new crash: the game crashes when sableye mega-evolves in Nanu's battle on the pier. Given that mega-evolution happens before anything else in the turn, this is unavoidable.

Therefore, is there any way you could tell me how to edit the mod's files to remove Sableye's mega stone? I have no idea what I'm doing here, so if you could make the instructions as simple and basic as possible I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi Buffel,

This is a fantastic mod, I really appreciate the work you've done on it.

However, like many of the posters in this thread, I have been unable to find a safe copy of the 1.2 update, which causes crashes at certain points. I've been using workarounds, such as using PKHex to give myself needed items to avoid using marts, and to give myself a level 100 arceus for the water trial so I can sweep through that before anybody can use water pulse or aqua ring. However, I've reached a new crash: the game crashes when sableye mega-evolves in Nanu's battle on the pier. Given that mega-evolution happens before anything else in the turn, this is unavoidable.

Therefore, is there any way you could tell me how to edit the mod's files to remove Sableye's mega stone? I have no idea what I'm doing here, so if you could make the instructions as simple and basic as possible I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance!

Hi, thanks! You'll need to use pk3DS. Unfortunately I don't have time to type up an entire tutorial for you, but there are plenty of good ones already. you'll also need a tool that can extract the files from A USUM ROM; I recommend DotNet 3DS Toolkit v1.4.6.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    Hello, Buffel,

Thanks very much for your response and for pointing towards the right tools to use. I've downloaded pk3DS, but I can't figure out how to get it to open the mod's files here, and I haven't been able to find any tutorials or instructions online that apply to this situation. I'm confident that if I can get pk3DS to open the mod's files, I will be able to remove the mega stone, as this is just a single, minor change, but I'm really lost in terms of getting to that point. If you (or anybody else on this thread) might be able to offer some guidance solely on that one step I would really appreciate it! I know you're busy and don't want to type up a whole tutorial essay, but just quick pointers to get me i the right direction would be really helpful!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hello, Buffel,

Thanks very much for your response and for pointing towards the right tools to use. I've downloaded pk3DS, but I can't figure out how to get it to open the mod's files here, and I haven't been able to find any tutorials or instructions online that apply to this situation. I'm confident that if I can get pk3DS to open the mod's files, I will be able to remove the mega stone, as this is just a single, minor change, but I'm really lost in terms of getting to that point. If you (or anybody else on this thread) might be able to offer some guidance solely on that one step I would really appreciate it! I know you're busy and don't want to type up a whole tutorial essay, but just quick pointers to get me i the right direction would be really helpful!
    Pk3DS can only open complete ROMs, so it can't edit the hack unless it's been combined with the full game. Any decent tutorial on randomising 3DS Pokemon hacks should cover the whole process, as that's also done with pk3DS.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    Thanks for the additional reply, Buffel. Unfortunately, I can't find a tutorial on this situation; everything I can find deals with using pk3ds on an unmodified ROM, or with editing a mod through the universal randomiser tool. However, I don't want to waste any more of your time, so I'm just going to try to keep playing around with the two tools you mentioned in your first response, or looking into other workarounds. On that note, I'm considering uninstalling the mod for Nanu's fight, then re-installing it and resuming, but I strongly suspect this will destroy my save, do you know whether that would happen?

Again I'm grateful for the time you've spent helping me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022
    To my absolute amazement, this works and does not break the save file. For anybody else who has this problem (based on the number of other people in this thread who haven't been able to find a safe copy of the update, I think there are many), before you battle Nanu, make a backup of your save (I didn't have any issues, but just to be safe), move the mod's files out of the mod folder, fight Nanu in this type of vanilla mode, then move the mod files back in.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks for the additional reply, Buffel. Unfortunately, I can't find a tutorial on this situation; everything I can find deals with using pk3ds on an unmodified ROM, or with editing a mod through the universal randomiser tool. However, I don't want to waste any more of your time, so I'm just going to try to keep playing around with the two tools you mentioned in your first response, or looking into other workarounds. On that note, I'm considering uninstalling the mod for Nanu's fight, then re-installing it and resuming, but I strongly suspect this will destroy my save, do you know whether that would happen?

Again I'm grateful for the time you've spent helping me.
    No problem! Sorry I couldn't help further.
    The hack doesn't alter the save file at all, so it's fully compatible with vanilla saves (and vice versa).

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Hi there, love the hack, but I've got a minor issue. I started my play through yesterday, and all was well. When I had finished for the day, I saved and quit as normal. But when I opened it today, the time hadn't changed. Does your hack use its own time? No matter what I did, I couldn't get the in game time to match my system time or date. I like to role play a bit with these games is all, and I don't quite like playing the game at night when an 11 year old protagonist should be asleep. It's not a huge issue, but my minor OCD can't bear it lol. Is this intentional, a glitch with the game, or maybe an emulator issue? I'm playing the game with Citra on PC if that helps. Sorry to be a bother btw, but any help you could offer would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

Back