• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Ok thanks! I´ll check em out!
    I tried to open pk3DS but my Windows blocks it ><
    Anything i could do?

Also what do i need DotNet 3DS Toolkit for?
    Isnt it possible to do everything with pk3DS?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ok thanks! I´ll check em out!
    I tried to open pk3DS but my Windows blocks it ><
    Anything i could do?

Also what do i need DotNet 3DS Toolkit for?
    Isnt it possible to do everything with pk3DS?
    You could disable whatever's blocking it (probably an antivirus?) or whitelist the pk3DS exe.
    The toolkit's for unpacking and rebuilding the ROM, but if pk3DS can unpack the ROM now it won't be needed - you also won't ever need to rebuild the ROM these days as citra and luma only need the modified files and the original game to run a mod.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    There are plenty of ways to easily find this out
    You could look at the encounters you can get, to see if they match the modified ones from this version
    Or you could try to reach one of the main fights in the game, to see if the levels match the original game or this version
    You could check which items are sold in the shops, to see if they match the modified shops of this version

Basically, check for anything that was modified in this version that would be easy to check at your stage in the game
    Follow the documents if you want to see what was changed, to look for the easiest change for you to check

Thanks. I figured I must have done something wrong in the hacking process so I did it again and this time everything went fine.

I can't find a couple pokemons in the wild, like Charmander in Wela Park and Froakie in Brooklet Hill). I am sure i'm looking in the right places and they are not locked in day/night. Is it possible that they are not there by design (or mistake)?

Awesome hack Buffel Saft, haven't played this since Leaf Green in GBA and it's really nice even as a grown up =D

EDIT: believe it or not right after writing this my first encounter was with a Froakie hahaha

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    Mr/Ms Buffet Salt, where can i find the CIA file? every site i go to like reddit or most google links just lead to the same site that tries to download a mystery file to my pc (without any prompting) so i figured id ask if you knew a safe link to the CIA file, ive been playing through it pretty well so far (im at the fire type trial) but i cant use the shops lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Mr/Ms Buffet Salt, where can i find the CIA file? every site i go to like reddit or most google links just lead to the same site that tries to download a mystery file to my pc (without any prompting) so i figured id ask if you knew a safe link to the CIA file, ive been playing through it pretty well so far (im at the fire type trial) but i cant use the shops lol
    I can't help with that sorry, got my copies from my 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2022
    do you know where I could get the 1.2 file? I'm very new to roms and honestly little to no idea what I'm doing. I felt accomplished just getting your hack to work on citra lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    do you know where I could get the 1.2 file? I'm very new to roms and honestly little to no idea what I'm doing. I felt accomplished just getting your hack to work on citra lol
    I don't sorry, I just dumped mine from a 3DS. I 'd share, but I'm not sure if that's legal; the update's technically a ROM file, so it'd at least break the rules here.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2022
    Please help, my game is not patching. I followed all steps and still nothing. I didn't have any problems with Eternal X tho. Is it becouse my 3ds already has patch for eternal x on it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Please help, my game is not patching. I followed all steps and still nothing. I didn't have any problems with Eternal X tho. Is it becouse my 3ds already has patch for eternal x on it?
    Nah having other hacks installed doesn't matter. How can you tell it's not patching?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I didn't get beginning message and grass doesn't contain featured pokemon (i checked infividual patches of grass)
    In that case there are three things to check:
    • Make sure you're using the correct files for your game version
    • Make sure the files were copied to the right location
    • Double check game patching is enabled (if on a 3DS)

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2022
    In that case there are three things to check:
    • Make sure you're using the correct files for your game version
    • Make sure the files were copied to the right location
    • Double check game patching is enabled (if on a 3DS)

Aight, i will do it again and tell you if it worked

Ps.: Tried it again but no luck

Pss.: Turnes out my theory was right. I swapped files for x and prismatic moon and i lost x but moon was patched just fine. On 3ds you can't have files for 2 rom hacks

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    You could disable whatever's blocking it (probably an antivirus?) or whitelist the pk3DS exe.
    The toolkit's for unpacking and rebuilding the ROM, but if pk3DS can unpack the ROM now it won't be needed - you also won't ever need to rebuild the ROM these days as citra and luma only need the modified files and the original game to run a mod.

Thanks alot for all your help! Everything works now!
    I already started editing all the trainers of Pkmn UM to create my own Hard Mode! :D
    Now I just have a few questions which are very important for me:
    1.) How do you edit the Levels of the Wild Pokemon?? I only found where to edit the species..
    2.) I tried to change trainer names but it causes my game to crash.. Is there a way around this?
    3.) What method did you use to change Game Text and Story Text??? There`s literally more than 1200 PAGES (Not even in order!!!) and it takes forever to find specific things...
    4.) When the Game is done how can I upload it so that other people can download it on their Laptop or 3DS??
    5.) Is there a way to copy all the work i put into UM into an US Rom so that I don`t have to redo everything just for US??
    Thanks in advance! Your experience would really help me alot!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Aight, i will do it again and tell you if it worked

Ps.: Tried it again but no luck

Pss.: Turnes out my theory was right. I swapped files for x and prismatic moon and i lost x but moon was patched just fine. On 3ds you can't have files for 2 rom hacks
    That shouldn't be the case; I have seven hacks installed on my 3DS at once and they all work as they should. Are you on the latest version of luma?
    Thanks alot for all your help! Everything works now!
    I already started editing all the trainers of Pkmn UM to create my own Hard Mode! :D
    Now I just have a few questions which are very important for me:
    1.) How do you edit the Levels of the Wild Pokemon?? I only found where to edit the species..
    2.) I tried to change trainer names but it causes my game to crash.. Is there a way around this?
    3.) What method did you use to change Game Text and Story Text??? There`s literally more than 1200 PAGES (Not even in order!!!) and it takes forever to find specific things...
    4.) When the Game is done how can I upload it so that other people can download it on their Laptop or 3DS??
    5.) Is there a way to copy all the work i put into UM into an US Rom so that I don`t have to redo everything just for US??
    Thanks in advance! Your experience would really help me alot!!
    1. Levels are in the same window as the species
    2. Don't know this one, never tried!
    3. Control + F in notepad (or notepad++) to search for things you want to edit
    4. Same way I did, put the edited files into folders that match their locations in the full game files
    5. Yep, same method as sharing the files, but copy them to the other version! Except for the code.bin stuff, that has to be done either by hand or with a hex editor

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    1. Levels are in the same window as the species
    2. Don't know this one, never tried!
    3. Control + F in notepad (or notepad++) to search for things you want to edit
    4. Same way I did, put the edited files into folders that match their locations in the full game files
    5. Yep, same method as sharing the files, but copy them to the other version! Except for the code.bin stuff, that has to be done either by hand or with a hex editor

Ok thanks! I`ll try that.
    Btw can we also exchange phone numbers or Email Address?
    It´s a bit complicated to always find this page here..
    I don´t know but maybe I`ll still need a bit more help. ^~^

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    Hi Buffel, thank for your work.
    I really interested in this Moon version. Just want to ask for your help about install: i just got an N3ds hack and the previous owner copy hack to inner store of the N3ds, so in SD card no more root hack folder. How can I do the "copy Luna folder to root folder" then ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ok thanks! I`ll try that.
    Btw can we also exchange phone numbers or Email Address?
    It´s a bit complicated to always find this page here..
    I don´t know but maybe I`ll still need a bit more help. ^~^
    You can PM on here if needed!
    Hi Buffel, thank for your work.
    I really interested in this Moon version. Just want to ask for your help about install: i just got an N3ds hack and the previous owner copy hack to inner store of the N3ds, so in SD card no more root hack folder. How can I do the "copy Luna folder to root folder" then ?
    You need luma on the 3DS to use that method, so you'll have to set that up first.

Back