• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gold GBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    okay sorry for lack of update ive had alot of internet problems but hopefully im back now :)

here are some new screens i have done alot of mapping :)

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

1 question do you think i should have a thunder storm and rain at the lake of rage and the route 43?

thanks dan x

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The screenies look cool!
    And you should do that weather thing. I suggest you changing most climates in the game. It'd look cooler ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Great looking hack. Personally, I think you should have stuck with the original sprites. They were very impressive.

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
  • great game!i personally think the previous sprites where better,are you still using the ones you are now?or are you gonna switch back to the origonal ones?

i cant wait to play!

huzzah to gold fa-evha!

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2007
    Go Jotho! can't whait to play with the 250 pokémon in gba style ;)

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    the newest screenshots have that sprite because i had to restart the hack but now i have done more sprits i will upload screenshots later x also mapping wise these are the outside maps i have done so far:

new bark town
    cherrygrove city
    violet city
    azalea town
    part of goldenrod city
    part of ecruteak city
    mahogany town
    olivine city
    cianwood city

as for routes i have done
    part of 34
    part of 39

And as for cave's and other places i have only done
    Part of the national park
    lake of rage

i will hopefully get alot done today as im home all day :).

UPDATE!

more screens and new overworld sprite :)

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Last edited:
    Years
  • Impressive I would say! It's good to see you're still into it! Hope it will end up finished! I'm looking forward to see more screenshots! Also, I was thinking, since there is no Celebi event in ANY Pokemon Game, wouldn't it be right to place one yourself? That was already one in Japanese Crystal Version, in Ilex Forest. Anyway! Keep going! Keep us updated please! :D

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2007
    nice ;), to bad you had to start over but keep it up! p.s. do you gonna use the G/S/C starters? please say that you do. :)

ShrimpPopper4life

Rom Hacker/Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2009
    Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait till this is released the screenshots are awesome!

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    if you wanna help with revampping pokemon gold or silver spirts then you can do that and you can promote all you like :) anyway now the good stuff more screens im only 5 maps away form completing johoto with no scripts or anything and when im done i can release a beta so you can look around but there will be no story how does that sound?

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Pokémon Gold GBA

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The screenies are great ;) This is gunna be a great gold remake. And a beta with no story might be good and after that beta you can release a beta with a part of the story.

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    Christos said:
    The screenies are great ;) This is gunna be a great gold remake. And a beta with no story might be good and after that beta you can release a beta with a part of the story.

yeah thats what i was thinking :) i only have to map on the outside world blackthorn and some route then i have to do like the union cave and stuff like that then i will release a nice little demo :) for everyone to enjoy :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    This is looking very good.

So are you gonna strictly keep to the original storyline of G/S, or are you gonna add your own things in? Cause what's Professor Elm(?) doing in Route 36 :\?

Also, are you gonna put the Hoenn PKMN in eventually or not?

Still, if you do finish a G/S hack - I commend you.

Good luck.

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    erm no im not going to add hoenn pokemon i dont think but who knows and thats just a scientist on route 36 i havent edited any trainers or anything yet im working on getting the johto maps finished first before i or someone who can help me with scripting will help the story will be the same or as close as possible to gold and silver. hope this clears things up :)

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
  • as stars go out, i can not wait to play the beta, i will advertise by all means and of course, anything else that i can do to help, just tell me! I am not a great at doing anything hack-wise but i can edit sprites a bit, my avatar was made by me. PM me if you want me to help in anyway possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back