• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Z (Fakemon Hack | Complete | v1.2.0 available! Material drop system implemented!)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I was wondering, how and when do I access the Desert Underpass? Do I have to beat the Elite 4 or before?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yeah, I may add an alternate method to pick up Acrobatics at some point - if you're playing on an emulator, you can slow down the game's frame rate to make it easier, and the timing is a bit more generous, but it's still pretty nasty.

Thank you! I would like to add the Battle Frontier at some point, but it's tough since I'd need to almost completely redo all the possible sets from scratch, so it's a big time sink. Those aren't actually bugs - the proper effects on stats are applied! Natures not actually changing is gen 9 behaviour, and the IV judge doesn't take Hyper Training into account, mostly because it was easier to code. That may change eventually, though.

Thank you for the in-depth review, and I'm glad the material system resonated with you! I have been having second thoughts on HMs specifically because of how bad Victory Road can be, but I haven't figured out a solution to the system that I'm happy with yet.

You're right that the status orbs aren't in the overworld - they can be held by wild Candleru for the Flame Orb and X-Trac for the Toxic Orb. It was a mistake on my part to not have them in the item location document - I'll add it for the next version, and stick it in the Pastebin docs as well. I'm really happy to hear about the Fakemon that worked out well for you, particularly Bananza - its stats are a little low but everyone I've heard from who's used it has really enjoyed it, which is heartening!
ohhh very good to know about the orbs! definitely gonna go for my original plan with possessum when i replay this game then.

as for hms, would it be possible to implement limited use items with field move effects, like how escape rope is dig and honey is sweet scent? maybe the items could be bought in the towns where the corresponding badge for that move is obtained, available to purchase after acquiring said badge. pickaxes for rock smash, for example. it might not work for the Bigger hms like strength or waterfall, but it'd be nice to at least have items like hedge clippers or something, flashlights, pickaxes, etc for the more yucky hms considering the ones that would make the least sense as items happen to be the most viable in battle (although everyone's darling surf could also be a surfboard). or maybe instead of costing money they could be specific material trades? or instead of items to perform the hm yourself, maybe some sort of poke pager service but with limited use "tickets" to call a professional pokemon to use an hm move.

also one more thing i forgot to mention, i absolutely love the cries for the fakemon. specifically bananza sounding like someone slipping on a banana peel and a cartoon splat noise for them falling, it's super cute.

NeroNerotico

I LOVE SWORDS!!!1!1!
Days
I have been having second thoughts on HMs specifically because of how bad Victory Road can be, but I haven't figured out a solution to the system that I'm happy with yet.
Have you considered something like making HMs useable as long as the Pokémon can learn it? If you have a Pokémon that can use Cut, the Badge needed, and the Cut HM, then Cut becomes available on the Pokémon's menu. (Basically the game treats the Pokémon as having any HM it can learn as long as you have the HM and Badge for it.)

I think I saw a ROM Hack doing this before, not sure of the name though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
I'm working on a living dex for this game, and I have a few ideas/notes I guess ? Is it possible for you to expand the amount of boxes we have access to, space is very tight at the moment, and could you increase the chances to get the galar fossil pieces or make another way to get them, Dracovish has been evading me for a week.

Also, I can't for the life of me find the new dive spot in Slateport, could you give me some pointers ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I'm working on a living dex for this game, and I have a few ideas/notes I guess ? Is it possible for you to expand the amount of boxes we have access to, space is very tight at the moment, and could you increase the chances to get the galar fossil pieces or make another way to get them, Dracovish has been evading me for a week.

Also, I can't for the life of me find the new dive spot in Slateport, could you give me some pointers ?
it's in the shipyard or whatever you'd call that, the building where team aqua steals the submarine. inside and to the right is a sailor you can talk to for early access to dive mons

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
Have you considered something like making HMs useable as long as the Pokémon can learn it? If you have a Pokémon that can use Cut, the Badge needed, and the Cut HM, then Cut becomes available on the Pokémon's menu. (Basically the game treats the Pokémon as having any HM it can learn as long as you have the HM and Badge for it.)

I think I saw a ROM Hack doing this before, not sure of the name though.
it's pokemon Unbound! I like this suggestion too

Days
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Hi. I'm Celeste. My first ROM hack, Pokémon Fire Red Advanced, was finished over six years ago, and it's a charming little thing, but it's from a long-gone era, when the Fairy-type was novel and everyone was using MrDollSteak's base and I thought I was a boy. Times have changed. We've all matured.

My second hack was Pokémon Emerald Advanced, a project that in retrospect was ultimately too ambitious to succeed with my skill at the time, which is why it remains unfinished, stuck forever at gym 6. But I liked a lot of the ideas that went into it. There was a spark of something solid there.

I made other hacks from then to now, but most too minor to mention. (Hey, Viva Las Vega enjoyers.) I grew busy, I gained other interests, but something in me still had that desire to create.

Thus, here we are. I present a project that in some ways scales back those lofty ambitious, but in other ways far exceeds anything I could have dreamed of back then. I give you Pokémon Emerald Z.

w8Ia2wI.png

What it is:
A hack of Pokémon Emerald that contains, among other things, over 100 Fakemon with thoughtful designs and high-quality sprites, a carefully-curated Pokédex, shuffled Gym Leaders, buffs to weak Pokémon, some new maps, and a lot of love.

What it is not:
A difficulty hack, an includes-every-Pokémon hack, a quality-of-life hack, a source of free Fakemon, a peanut-free product, a blood sacrifice to the dark god Ba'al, an illustrated guide to cold fusion, affiliated in any way with Elon Musk.

That's the gist. Here are some screenshots. I'll provide some more details in spoilers below, if you want to peruse. Thanks for reading. I hope you give it a try, and I hope, if you do, that you have fun.

9fHus4w.png
Ymz8qXl.png
FOm9WNO.png
knjCJOE.png
UvtCP5f.png

OD7dEUY.png
itwFaAh.png
x6Iy5PA.png
Xpk60xK.png
RbDFVjL.png

oU7C4vJ.png
ay1bHCZ.png
G1jD9DL.png
YFUmHeL.png
rdvUe9W.png

0jZZZPW.png
69POnKQ.png
NoSkots.png
WqcxCQq.png
xNUVDRn.png

KsObPGd.png
uTWQLYe.png
ePFDW9f.png
y8NS0EH.png
ZjW0Kee.png

Spoiler: I'd like more details, please

Spoiler: I'd like to see the available Pokémon, please

Spoiler: I'd like details on the available Pokémon, please

Spoiler: I'd like to learn any known bugs, please

Spoiler: I'd like to ask another question, please

Spoiler: I'd like a hint, please

Spoiler: I'd like to see the credits, please

Spoiler: I'd like to download it, please
Hey, I don't know if this is intended but when using the glass flutes they are consumed instead of staying around.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Just curious, but are there any non-Water-type Pokemon that can learn Surf? I don't want to waste it on a physical attacker.

Days
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I have an idea that the fire starter and water starter are shiny locked cause i can easily get the grass one, but not the fire and water one, can anyone confirm of them getting shiny charcrow or arcwhal?

Cause i have been resetting my save slot so long and have not gotten it shiny once, but the grass starter i gotten like 3 times in 10 resets

Years
I have to say, this ROM hack probably has the worse Experience economy that I have seen in a while. The game literally forces you to stick to your first 6 Pokemon, due to the terrible experience gain that you get, literally preventing you from having fun trying out these new Fakemons and adding them to your team as majority of them is cool looking. The experience economy is so anti-fun that you're better off not trying these new mons at all.

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
Years
I've been enjoying this hack so far. I LOVE Impawzible, and a lot of the other Fakemon too! Apparaven is my favorite starter design-wise (so I almost regret picking Cetayser bc I feel like I should use it on my final team now 😅). I love Nectair and Soarup a lot, too.
My only complaint, which I don't find to be a big deal in the slightest, is that Soarup is the only final evolution stage Flying type Fakemon (Besides a (roaming?) legendary I found randomly 🙃), purely because I wanted a flying type that wasn't part grass on the team. The Fakemon with either Levitate or Earth Eater didn't really strike me as something I wanted to use with some of the other guys on my team either (Unless I found another Ability Patch for some with one of these for the Hidden Ability). Regardless, I'm enjoying building around that fact so it's not even something I would call a 'problem.'

Last thing I will say is that the level curves can be pretty daunting. I saw you mention before somewhere the jump from Victory Road to Champion is from 58 to 70 in Emerald Z compared to vanilla being 43 to 58, which, to be fair, makes the Jump in this hack is significantly higher than in vanilla based on experience required to level up. To be clear, I think it's fine. Just need to fight some extra trainers before taking on the next boss to get within a few levels (assuming the boss trainers don't have EVs). It does promote the issue of having to grind on wild pokemon when you want to use something new, though, since Match Call isn't very consistent. Personally, I had a full team of mostly level 41, up to a 43 iirc, for gym 6, and got to Lilycove with around level 44-45s. Rival bopped me with their lead (lmao), which had a good matchup against most of my team at the time, but i was at least 5 levels under leveled in that fight.

THAT BEING SAID, I don't think there's a need to change the level curves too drastically if at all. But grinding is boring, so I found out how to make cheats to alleviate the burden of monotony. I hope you're ok with me offering this for anyone who wants to use it. It's a CodeBreaker code, I put it together myself specifically for Emerald Z (Patched on vanilla Emerald 1.0). I doubt it'll work on other ROM hacks or base Emerald, but I haven't tried.
Spoiler: Cheat to help Grind Levels
Hi, I've used your exp cheat a couple times but each time I kill a wild pokemon, I gain unlimited experience but I cant stop it. And if I don't outspeed and OHKO, the wild pokemon will just oneshot my pokemon. Any ideas why? Im using version 1.20.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hi, I've used your exp cheat a couple times but each time I kill a wild pokemon, I gain unlimited experience but I cant stop it. And if I don't outspeed and OHKO, the wild pokemon will just oneshot my pokemon. Any ideas why? Im using version 1.20.
i didn't make it but i've used the cheat; i noticed getting instakilled if the cheat is "active" when i get attacked. the way the cheat is supposed to work is that it's not "active" until you are holding your equivalent of the start button (for example, the enter key), so you would let go when you were satisfied with the level you've reached and the exp should stop instantly. i assume you're not actively holding start the entire time, so maybe try remapping your keys temporarily so start is a different key and see if that helps? if not, maybe try manually disabling the cheat while the exp bar is going, or just try a different emulator for the cheat and then switch back to your preferred emulator once you've gotten your exp

or choose one of the alternate codes they provided that changes the activator from start to a different button (is it possible you accidentally took the A button activator and are mashing A and accidentally keeping it active?)

Soulmates

Hogwarts is my Home
Days
This is the reason this community is dying slowly, now at days all new hacks are same over and over. Ether remakes of Emerald with a thing or 2 different or fire red. How many more hacks like this do we need? How many times can people play same map over and over and enjoy it?
i can play it a billion times over and STILL enjoy it. plus, i think you're wrong about all hacks being the same. so what if the base game is Fire Red/Emerald? that doesn't mean it's a bad hack. you're literally generalizing hacks, and that's not good.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I was wondering, how and when do I access the Desert Underpass? Do I have to beat the Elite 4 or before?
Desert Underpass opens up after getting the fifth badge!

ohhh very good to know about the orbs! definitely gonna go for my original plan with possessum when i replay this game then.

as for hms, would it be possible to implement limited use items with field move effects, like how escape rope is dig and honey is sweet scent? maybe the items could be bought in the towns where the corresponding badge for that move is obtained, available to purchase after acquiring said badge. pickaxes for rock smash, for example. it might not work for the Bigger hms like strength or waterfall, but it'd be nice to at least have items like hedge clippers or something, flashlights, pickaxes, etc for the more yucky hms considering the ones that would make the least sense as items happen to be the most viable in battle (although everyone's darling surf could also be a surfboard). or maybe instead of costing money they could be specific material trades? or instead of items to perform the hm yourself, maybe some sort of poke pager service but with limited use "tickets" to call a professional pokemon to use an hm move.

also one more thing i forgot to mention, i absolutely love the cries for the fakemon. specifically bananza sounding like someone slipping on a banana peel and a cartoon splat noise for them falling, it's super cute.
Yeah, some sort of item system is most likely how I'd go about it. At the moment I'm thinking some kind of key item that can perform HM functions but costs a fee to activate - would likely require a fair bit of fine-tuning, though. I agree, the cries are fantastic - skur did an incredible job with them!

Unfortunately, I've already expanded the number of boxes the player has access to from 14 to 18, and doing so again would break save files. Space is definitely tight, but it's about the best I can manage with hardware limitations :/

Someone else already mentioned the Slateport diving spot - sadly increasing the Galar fossil bits would come at a decrease to other Rock Smash items, which I'd prefer not to do. Sorry! Hopefully you've had better luck nabbing Dracovish by now.

Hey, I don't know if this is intended but when using the glass flutes they are consumed instead of staying around.
Absolutely not intended, that's a pretty annoying bug since it just makes the flutes really time-consuming Awakenings. Thanks for reporting, I'll hopefully get that fixed for the next update!

Just curious, but are there any non-Water-type Pokemon that can learn Surf? I don't want to waste it on a physical attacker.
Beyond the non-Water types that get Surf in vanilla, there are still plenty, including Drumble, Slugic, Bellibolt, Diretom, and Spectracle.

I have an idea that the fire starter and water starter are shiny locked cause i can easily get the grass one, but not the fire and water one, can anyone confirm of them getting shiny charcrow or arcwhal?

Cause i have been resetting my save slot so long and have not gotten it shiny once, but the grass starter i gotten like 3 times in 10 resets
At least one person has confirmed getting a shiny Awkwhal, so I'm afraid you've just had a run of bad luck.

1.2.0 contained some fairly major rewrites to the experience system, so I'm not terribly surprised the code is broken.

This is the reason this community is dying slowly, now at days all new hacks are same over and over. Ether remakes of Emerald with a thing or 2 different or fire red. How many more hacks like this do we need? How many times can people play same map over and over and enjoy it?
Thanks, glad you had fun!

Days
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Is there a list of all the moves the new Pokemon learn EDIT never mind I found it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Is the hot spring egg broken or does it just take a really long time to hatch? how many cycles are we looking at with this thing?

Also Spectracle doesn`t seem to work with the move relearner, is this intentional?

Other then that its been fun, i really enjoy the new pokemon, Fosteraptor,Zestatic,Bananza,Slugic,Noudini and Elegent are some of my favorites,I like how Aerodactyl and Fosteraptor have different bird traits divided between them.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Is the hot spring egg broken or does it just take a really long time to hatch? how many cycles are we looking at with this thing?

Also Spectracle doesn`t seem to work with the move relearner, is this intentional?

Other then that its been fun, i really enjoy the new pokemon, Fosteraptor,Zestatic,Bananza,Slugic,Noudini and Elegent are some of my favorites,I like how Aerodactyl and Fosteraptor have different bird traits divided between them.
Thank you! The hot springs egg isn't broken, it just takes a very long time, you'll see why once it hatches. Spectracle not working with the move relearner is peculiar, could you provide some screenshots?

Sorry to post again so quickly, but a fairly important bug has been unearthed - if you save your game in the Slateport diving area without being able to use Dive and then reload the game, you will not be able to surface and will be softlocked. I'll try to fix this for the next patch and also add a warp that you can use to exit without backing out or using Dive at all, but for now, avoid saving and reloading while underwater in Slateport if you don't have the seventh badge and a Dive user.

Back