• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Anime - The First Linear Pokémon Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
@gotron
That demo wasnt really a demo, more an example of how the project was going to look like at first.

Anyways, like I said, I'm using Ranger sprites now. So here is an example of the Pallet scene, only now in Ranger-style.

screen11se5.png

^The cheerleaders atm just close their eyes from time to time. I hope I can animate them as if they're cheerleading.

screen12bm1.png

^As you can see, Gary is now throwing his Pokéball up, and catches it again and again, during this animation. It gives the gfx a nice touch IMO.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
@gotron
That demo wasnt really a demo, more an example of how the project was going to look like at first.

Anyways, like I said, I'm using Ranger sprites now. So here is an example of the Pallet scene, only now in Ranger-style.

screen11se5.png

^The cheerleaders atm just close their eyes from time to time. I hope I can animate them as if they're cheerleading.

screen12bm1.png

^As you can see, Gary is now throwing his Pokéball up, and catches it again and again, during this animation. It gives the gfx a nice touch IMO.

Looking very nice! I'm going to keep my eye on this project now! Can't wait for a demo!

Oh and I'm not sure if you forgot or not, or just haven't gotten around to it, but Ash should be in his P.Js in that scene x3 I've also spotted a tiling mistake, the big tree beside the Cheerleaders does not have a trunk :P

-Pyro

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
This game seems really intresting. Good luck with it!

Oh and in those last screens, the tree is cut off at the paths. A simple tileset fix will fix that.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I am almost done with brock but I cant find the picture I saved with lunick XP

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Oh and I'm not sure if you forgot or not, or just haven't gotten around to it, but Ash should be in his P.Js in that scene x3
LMAO, yeah he should, Im not done with that sprite just yet... For the Fire Red/LG sprites, it was easy customizing the sprite, but for the Ranger ones, it takes a far longer time...

I've also spotted a tiling mistake, the big tree beside the Cheerleaders does not have a trunk :P
Thanks for that. I didnt notice.

Small update:
# Finished charactersets

- Injured Pikachu (lying on the ground/thundershock attack)
- Injured Ash Ketchum (lying on the ground)
- Ash screaming
- Ash on bicycle (Ranger-style)
- Lapras
- Joy (only front)
- Jenny (only front)
- Professor Oak
- Ash's mother
- Spearow sitting/flying
- Meowth
- Jesse and James (only front)
- Oddish
- Rattata

# Finished animations:
- Ho Oh/Unknown Pokémon appears

That's all for now...

]I am almost done with brock but I cant find the picture I saved with lunick XP
Great, I appreciate this a lot! If you cant find the lunick picture, maybe open up your PM again? O_o

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Yup i got it but the dumbo me i was finished with the side and i didnt save it im almost done though lol when im done want me to make some maps or make pokemon sprites

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Yup i got it but the dumbo me i was finished with the side and i didnt save it im almost done though lol when im done want me to make some maps or make pokemon sprites
Pokémon Centers/Police Stations/Gyms from the Animé would be nice.

I have finished that of Veridian City (PC/PS) and Pewter City (PC+Gym), but there are many more.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Hey guys, I got a surprise! I have made a demo of the first episode of the animé.

It's to give you an impression of how the game will work. There aren't much battles in this demo, but the thing is, in the first 2 episodes, it's more of an introduction to the characters and story. Afterwards, in Viridian Forest, you've got enough time to battle Pokémon and trainers...

Few minor errors:
-Ash is not wearing a pyjama! I couldnt finish the sprite in time.
-Misty only has stance sprites. She'll be finished soon... hopefully with help from axibar. ;)
-Bike-sprite is broken when you wanna ride it... weird... xD
-Trainer Battle sprite is Ruby-style...
-In Ash's room, in the middle of his bed, the sprite is below the player.
-Battle Victory tune replays every few seconds.

If you see more, please name them.

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60557894/Pok_mon_Anim__Demo.exe.html

Enjoy, comment and... whatever you decide to do. :P

Last edited:

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen today
The game's ideas are good but that demo was too rushed. I found a bug where you can go on-top of the Pokemon statues where all the people are standing and if you go up to Prof. Oak he gives you a Pokedex but then he gives me one again at the normal spot.

Also, I think there is too much maps transportations. Use the map connections feature that is in the starter kit. The maps could use a bit of work too, mainly because of the transportation thing.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Well...a few things.

1) Perhaps, in the next demo, take out a few things you don't need for that demo and put them in a seperate folder (Not in the same project folder) then create the demo and put the files back in the correct folders (Example, Music.) As it makes the file larger and slower to extract.

2) The intro is kinda long (When you watch the TV) might I suggest something? When I was trying this idea, I actually ripped the beginning video from the Anime (With Gengar and such) and had that play when I started it. Perhaps you could have that video play then have it fade to the game in which the talking starts?

3) A lot of the tiles are passable, might wanna fix that ;) Also the tree beside it is missing a tile.

4) Of course the Pokedex Bug as stated above.

5) Pikachu not only shocks Ash and his mom outside of the lab, but everyone (Except Oak)! :P

6) You gotta remember, Ash doesn't fight with Pikachu right away, he tries catching the Pokémon with rocks! :P

7) Also perhaps you should somehow enable a running ability, cause Ash needs to run to the lab :P Also away from the Spearow!

8) Ash's is a bit of a slowpoke on a bike isn't he? Especially when hes riding for his life :P Might wanna fix that up if you can.

9) If you hit enter during the credits (Might do the same even if you don't hit enter) it repeats that whole last cutscene (After they wake up)

Anyways, may seem like a bit much, but it should help you out for the next demo and final version! Great work keep it up!

-Pyro

Edit: I noticed you needed a GFX creator. I could help out if I ever have any spare time.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Thanks for that guys!

Also, I think there is too much maps transportations. Use the map connections feature that is in the starter kit. The maps could use a bit of work too, mainly because of the transportation thing.
The thing is, for these particular scenes, I just needed those maps and not map connections. For the rest of the game, that feature will be used.

1) Perhaps, in the next demo, take out a few things you don't need for that demo and put them in a seperate folder (Not in the same project folder) then create the demo and put the files back in the correct folders (Example, Music.) As it makes the file larger and slower to extract.
Yeah lol, true.

2) The intro is kinda long (When you watch the TV) might I suggest something? When I was trying this idea, I actually ripped the beginning video from the Anime (With Gengar and such) and had that play when I started it. Perhaps you could have that video play then have it fade to the game in which the talking starts?
If I had a video with a high quality of the first episode, I'd do that... O_o

5) Pikachu not only shocks Ash and his mom outside of the lab, but everyone (Except Oak)!
Yup you're right, but that'd mean I had to make every single NPC on there black, and I was out of time...

6) You gotta remember, Ash doesn't fight with Pikachu right away, he tries catching the Pokémon with rocks!
Im sorta in a dilemma. I wanted to do what you state here, but then the first 10 minutes of the game is scenes, scenes, scenes... extremely boring for people that just wanna play.

7) Also perhaps you should somehow enable a running ability, cause Ash needs to run to the lab Also away from the Spearow!
Next version. :P

8) Ash's is a bit of a slowpoke on a bike isn't he? Especially when hes riding for his life Might wanna fix that up if you can.
I gotta figure out how to make his speed go up (using move events on Fastest speed, isnt changing his speed...)
But for the time being, just push SHIFT... :P

9) If you hit enter during the credits (Might do the same even if you don't hit enter) it repeats that whole last cutscene (After they wake up)
I noticed that myself too, gotta ask poccil how that works.

Edit: I noticed you needed a GFX creator. I could help out if I ever have any spare time.
Indeed I do. Ill PM you soon. Thanks.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
um how do i play the game i downloaded the dem but i dont know how to make it work. please help my noobish needs

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
For the move speed problems, they can probably be fixed by doing the following:

In the script section "Walk/Run", delete line 29 (the second line labeled "@move_speed = 3.8").

In the script section "Game_Event", replace line 180 with the following:
Code:
    @move_speed = @page.move_speed * 1.25
Though that step is not strictly necessary, it gives each non-player character an average move speed that is faster than the default.

Note in the script section "Walk/Run" that the player's move speed is continually updated depending on the state of the A button and whether the player is on a bike, surfing, etc. This behavior is intentional.

Last edited:

mazodan

lokimaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2011
well its based on the manga
all the pokemon games are based on the manga

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
actually, the pokemon games were released before the manga ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back