• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naruto

Tsukasa

KWR
Years
  • Yea this is the thread to disscuss the naruto anime thats coming out in the u.s. soon,but its very dissapointing that its coming out for cartoon network,if it should come out on anything it should of been in adult swim,replacing futurama.

Tsukasa

KWR
    Years
  • Well this mourning (Monday) right before pokemon started (7:00am) they showed a commercial stating that this fall naruto will be coming to cartoon network,for five seconds you could hear naruto's english voice and to me it sound like Luffie from One Piece

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Out of my friends, some love it, some hate it. I'm not a big fan of the style, but know nothing about the storyline. Still, I'd rather watch Kenshin.

Years
  • I can't wait to hear what thier voices sound like! ^^ And if you ask me, the commercial with Naruto's yell doesn't sound like Luffy to me..It sounds like an anime voicer I've never heard before..Hmm..I'm also curious to see what Sasuke and Sakura's voices sound like..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I've always imagined Kakashi talking like he has a sock stuffed in his mouth for some reason o_O Odds are he'll just have a regular voice in the anime though =/ ... I saw a split-second clip where he was using is Sharingan Eye...looked awesome =p The animation quality is PWNAGE from what I've seen on the commercials...

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I still can't believe Naruto's dub voice is being played by an actress!! *dies* Thank god for fansubs though *glomps* XD X3

Does anyone have a clip of his dub voice in the comercial that I didn't get to see - -;; lol

Oh yeah, and I know what you mean when you say Kakashi sounds like he has a sock stuffed in his mouth when hes talking, chairman XD X3

Tsukasa

KWR
    Years
  • This will most likey be the toned down version though even though in one of the commercials they showed kiba with just a bit of blood coming out of his nose i doubt that there will be alot of more blood like in the anime,i think it is going to come out on saturday for 10:30 (Just 30 minutes aways from adult swim ><) even though it'll have less gore and what not i'll still tune in though,naruto was a good manga and a very good anime when i watched in jap with the captions at the bottom XD

Years
  • Yup! It comes September 10th! And it's the first day of September today! HOOZAH! XD

Chairman Kaga: I can see why you think Kakashi's voice would be that way..I mean, he wears a scarf thingy over his mouth, perhaps giving hima muffeled voice..

Tsukasa

KWR
    Years
  • Oh man theres so much that i want to say but it will spoil it ><.This anime is actually promising to say the least.I have high expectations for it.Ugh naruto's voice though..it sounds so annoying ^^;; lets hope that sasuke and Co. voice sound better.Oh and i wonder if they will show yondaime,they barley mentioned him in the manga or in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    I still can't believe Naruto's dub voice is being played by an actress!! *dies* Thank god for fansubs though *glomps* XD X3
    Because it's not like Sasuke or any other Japanese characters ever had their voice played by a woman...

The way they say names, for some reason has always irked me. So, I'm betting Sasuke's name is going to be said "Sa-Sus-Ke" ...it's small, but it's the one thing that annoys me to no end when anime is dubbed. I'd rather his name be said right as "Sauce-Ke"

Naruto right now is boring as Hell, there hasn't been a real enemy for over 30 episodes, the filler arc that just ended royally screwed up the plot points that had been set up before...and I doubt their going to do Naruto part two that well. But...that's still at least two years off in America. And from the preview show at a few cons, there centerfold is going to be left in tact...probably just with more smoke added, but that's about it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Get over it. Naruto's going to be on Toonami on September 10th at 9:00! It'll show the first 2 episodes then encore them before AS, then having a permanent fixture of 9:00 each week. I believe CN ave bought 52 episodes as well.

https://www.toonzone.net/schedule/index.php?networkDate=1125547200&browseNetworkID=13

As for it airing on AS - GET REAL! AS does not acquire kids shows apart from InuYasha. As much as many rabid anime fanboys want it to be completely uncut, you know that aint gonna happen. Naruto will be TV-Y7 in that time slot, so just live with it and stop complaining.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Mihara said:
    Because it's not like Sasuke or any other Japanese characters ever had their voice played by a woman...

The way they say names, for some reason has always irked me. So, I'm betting Sasuke's name is going to be said "Sa-Sus-Ke" ...it's small, but it's the one thing that annoys me to no end when anime is dubbed. I'd rather his name be said right as "Sauce-Ke"

Naruto right now is boring as Hell, there hasn't been a real enemy for over 30 episodes, the filler arc that just ended royally screwed up the plot points that had been set up before...and I doubt their going to do Naruto part two that well. But...that's still at least two years off in America. And from the preview show at a few cons, there centerfold is going to be left in tact...probably just with more smoke added, but that's about it.
    I have to agree, it has become rather boring the past so many episodes in Japan, it is much more exciting at the start.. They better not screw it up.

As for the dub, it probably won't ever come to the UK, but I will just stick to the fansubs, so I am not all that bothered

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Kakashi and Sasuke Lover said:
    I still can't believe Naruto's dub voice is being played by an actress!! *dies* Thank god for fansubs though *glomps* XD X3

Does anyone have a clip of his dub voice in the comercial that I didn't get to see - -;; lol

Oh yeah, and I know what you mean when you say Kakashi sounds like he has a sock stuffed in his mouth when hes talking, chairman XD X3

What do you mean played by an actress? wasn't the original japanese naruto played by an actress https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=2130

in fact alot of boys are played by actress's :D

Back