• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naruto

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Stevo-Kun said:
    I have to agree, it has become rather boring the past so many episodes in Japan, it is much more exciting at the start.. They better not screw it up.

As for the dub, it probably won't ever come to the UK, but I will just stick to the fansubs, so I am not all that bothered
    It is actually. I'm pretty sure Toonami has picked it up, as no other kids channel plays any anime (bar CN, but Toonami's owned by that anyways) in the UK. All I know is that it will be shown on the UK. It's just a case of when.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Mihara said:
    The way they say names, for some reason has always irked me. So, I'm betting Sasuke's name is going to be said "Sa-Sus-Ke" ...it's small, but it's the one thing that annoys me to no end when anime is dubbed. I'd rather his name be said right as "Sauce-Ke"

I was actually thinking that, and it's probably going to irk me throughout the entire series...but if they MUST butcher his name, I wish they would say it as SA-su-ke and not sa-SU-ke...at least it would be a little authentic now, but you're almost definitely right regarding how they'll pronounce it -_-;

Years
    That's odd..My brother got onto me about that just yesterday! (the whole thing about Sasuke and how you pronounce his name..

*wipes head*

Whew..Good thing it comes on at 9:00..Because I have chursh Saturday evenings and get home at 8:00..So I end up always missing a few minutes of whatever is on..

Years
    Midori Chi said:
    That's odd..My brother got onto me about that just yesterday! (the whole thing about Sasuke and how you pronounce his name..

*wipes head*

Whew..Good thing it comes on at 9:00..Because I have chursh Saturday evenings and get home at 8:00..So I end up always missing a few minutes of whatever is on..

That's what VCRs and DVRs are for. :8:

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    *drools* I wish I had a DVR... as it stands, most of the time I can't record stuff because we have only one VCR and my brother uses it to tape Doctor Who, so he has to set his timer and I'm not allowed to touch it... my parents care a lot more about his stuff than mine~

Artemis Enzeru

Neo-Human
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I was actually thinking that, and it's probably going to irk me throughout the entire series...but if they MUST butcher his name, I wish they would say it as SA-su-ke and not sa-SU-ke...at least it would be a little authentic now, but you're almost definitely right regarding how they'll pronounce it -_-;
    The pronounciation of a name is the least of the worries. How will they dub.................Naruto's Sexy No Jutsu?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I actually can't wait to see this, I put a season pass for it on my tivo...I own some of the manga so I am really excited...

Haruka01

Bayleef's trainer
    Years
    Yay! Naruto is going to be on cartoon network that is gonna be so awesome! I can't wait to see it I saw the ad on Nintendo Power magazine. It's gonna be awesome watching Naruto! YAY!!

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    I problibly wont watch it, For one, I have see " The real (undubed) episodes " XD And for two, There probibly going to cut the good bits :(

But if I can, I will watch the first few eps just to see how bad it is XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, if you take a look at this clip, you can find any potential edits, and there's also this.

Looks like Naruto will be correctly pronounced.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wanderer said:
    The pronounciation of a name is the least of the worries. How will they dub.................Naruto's Sexy No Jutsu?
    With more smoke...? Really, we've known how that was going to happen since what? June already, and the pronounciation of the names does play a big role as it's one of the reasons a lot of people don't like dubs.

And really, do you people have any idea who ShoPro is? They dubbed Rurouni Kenshin, that was one of the best edited dubs I've ever seen.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Sexy no Jutsu was translated into "Ninja Centerfold" in the manga, so we don't have to worry about the pronunciation of that, it's over and done with.

So, how do you think Sakura and Kakashi will be pronounced? The names look a bit hard to butcher, but dubbing companies can do wonders (or terrors, more accurately) with names.

Bunnybutt

xXKawaii BunnyXx
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2006
    "Sak-rah" or "Sa-Ku-Rah" can all be used for Sakura, I tend to use the first one more often. And Kakashi is "Kaka-Shi"...don't know how anyone can mess that up.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I was hoping it would be Sak-rah and not Sa-ku-rah (like the girl from Cardcaptors) as well...but I think it will be the latter because of the precedent set by Cardcaptors, though =/

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Originally posted by fudge01
    What do you mean played by an actress? wasn't the original japanese naruto played by an actress https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...ple.php?id=2130

in fact alot of boys are played by actress's

Really? >___O *looks* oh wow..WOW lol didn't know that >_>

BUT there is one difference that i'd like to point out:

most American voice actresses playing as guys=crappy
    most Japanese ones=not crappy

In fact, Naruto sounds so much like a guy I didn't know o___O''

Also i'm not saying for all though. I think Tokyo Mew Mew's Masaya was voiced by a girl. I could tell that >.> and Yuki from Furuuba..*shuts up*

Originally posted by Mihara
    Because it's not like Sasuke or any other Japanese characters ever had their voice played by a woman...

o_________O;; *dies inside* So your saying Sasuke is done by a girl too??????????!!!!!! God its so friggen' hard to tell these days with >.>

Kakashi better not be done by a girl also lmao

Can someone give me a list of all the voice actors/actresses? From the Japanese original. Not the dub >.>

(Naruto's dub voice sux!!!11 XD X3 ((imo)))

((so does Iruka's lol))

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Chie Nakamura - Sakura Haruno
    Junko Takeuchi - Naruto Uzumaki
    Noriaki Sugiyama - Sasuke Uchiha
    Yoichi Masukawa - Rock Lee

That's all I can remember offhand, the VA for Naruto was also the VA for Gon in Hunter X Hunter. And the VA for Sasuke is the VA for Ishida from Bleach.

Years
    I imagined Naruto's teacher to have the voice like that, actually. I didn't really imagine Naruto to be like that, though.
    As for what I think about Sasuke and Sakura, I imagine Sasuke to have like, a coughy voice. And Sakura would have..a normal teenage girl's voice..

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    As I type it is about 6 minutes into the CTNW premire. I never saw any of the Japanese episodes or read the manga so I have no idea how much it was dubbed. But so far its had some very sleazully covered nudity, and metion of alchoholic beverages so it can't be as bad as most dubbed stuff.

Edit:Blood Yay!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow...Naruto's dub voice sounds almost the same as his original voice. Yay! They said all but one name right AND they kept the Sexy Jutsu!

Back