• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokémon MMORPG (Let your voice be heard)

Arlynn

Fourteen
Years
  • I was playing this MMORPG and in it, they have character customization for free use where people edit it themselves, with their mouse. They can draw on and color and change things with easy to use tools. Then users who pay have the actual artists do what they want to have done. Thought it might be a good idea for your game. ^^;;

Last edited:
    Years
  • People, please stop using the thread to chitchat in. If you don't have anything constructive to post, then please do not post at all.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    I was playing this MMORPG and in it, they have character customization for free use where people edit it themselves, with their mouse. They can draw on and color and change things with easy to use tools. Then users who pay have the actual artists do what they want to have done. Thought it might be a good idea for your game. ^^;;
    That's interesting though if I did something like that I wouldn't make anyone pay of it.

People, please stop using the thread to chitchat in. If you don't have anything constructive to post, then please do not post at all.
    Ya I have to agree, this thread is primarily for you all discussing what you like in the kind of game I am making so if you all could keep the basic chit chat to a minimum. Just share your thoughts on the subject at hand because I want to hear from all of you.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    With all these features involved, do you have a plot or story? To me there's no use without a plot. It should be out of your ordinary pokemon game/hack where you just get badges and collect pokemon/fakemon. you need a story.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    With all these features involved, do you have a plot or story? To me there's no use without a plot. It should be out of your ordinary pokemon game/hack where you just get badges and collect pokemon/fakemon. you need a story.
    Well, a new Region will be introduced with a story and all that. But the general story for all the Regions will be like all the other games. That being your just starting out on your journey as a Pokémon Trainer. As for stories like seen with Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galaxy there will be some stuff.

I recently found this on the internet, maybe it might give you some ideas?
    Great find and thanks. Never was gonna do it in 3D because I know it never look that good with my limited resources plus it be so much more work.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    is this still "on paper" or did you start programming yet?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    It's only on paper. These are only ideas he had... development is still going to happen.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
  • And then you could probaly make some extra features which you pay for and you'll be rolling in cash. (By the way, it would be very cool if you could like buy clothes for your avatar and stuff and make him/her look cooler).

Some paid member ideas:
    Access to areas with better pokemon
    Access to special leagues and competitions
    More items to buy (like different kind of balls)

Just some ideas...but I really am getting ahead of everything. xD

My thoughts exactly.

Any ideas when your gonna get up and running on starting it up? I mean like development and early stage mapping and spiriting?

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    My thoughts exactly.
    So you wouldn't mind paying then?

Any ideas when your gonna get up and running on starting it up? I mean like development and early stage mapping and spiriting?
    No not yet unfortunately, once I get all the stuff done in terms of what exactly I will do i.e all those little things. Because that is always I think what makes a game take so long to make because there are so many little things that make up a lot of big things which take a pretty good while to iron out. Like for example going over each Region and picking where Pokémon will appear and so on. I mean you think it be simple and it is but there are just so many little simple things that they become one big complicated mess unfortunately. :(

Lipega

Online Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    man dont get this the wrong way but cool down... start whit coding the conection, login register, and basic room function then focus on the walking section. if you sucsed all this take your time start making the battle system...

and is WoW is ruling the MMORPG scene... XxGreivousxX

homelesscarl

Togepi Shop Owner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2009
    Pay to play... eww.

If this cost anything to play, I won't be in. Now, if it is free, I'll be all over it.

Besdies, Nintendo owns Pokemon. They'ed sue.

Back