• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT Theme

which three should we go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    i'm a bit confused, here. are we going with L:A starters, or creating our own team? or should we prob put this up for a vote? o:

Years
    i'm a bit confused, here. are we going with L:A starters, or creating our own team? or should we prob put this up for a vote? o:

I think there's confusion in general as to what we're doing. Might be best to do a poll with all the base theme suggestions and go from there?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Agree to a poll to sort this out. There's a lot of good ideas here and while we do have plenty of time we might as well pick one so a strong narrative can be made around it.

Years
    I don't really understand what "olympics-esque" theme means... but am voting HP etc. Houses 'cause that's what I'm wanting the most

In terms of the themeing of it, wanting to come away from [insert generic pokemon event/anniversary here] idk just feels a bit stale

Years
    wasn't quite sure how to properly word it so i removed the "esque" from it. from the best of my understanding, it was really just reusing the olympics concept we had previously in 2015

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm honestly open to anything as long as it feel authentic, ya know? HP houses sound adorable. Are we going to do the typical (just examples): Pyroar, Arbok, Corviknight, and Jumpluff families or do we want to invent our own?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I'm honestly open to anything as long as it feel authentic, ya know? HP houses sound adorable. Are we going to do the typical (just examples): Pyroar, Arbok, Corviknight, and Jumpluff families or do we want to invent our own?

i think we'd invent our own, it's based on HP just in concept and not strictly in theme, we don't need to follow their houses. plus, we're only doing 3 teams anyways

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Just passing by and it has nothing to do with me reading Beastarts but Herbivores and Carnivores?

Years
    We seemed pretty set on some sort of Sky/Sea/Earth trio of teams and I volunteered to write out some base lore for that. So that's in the spoiler below. It's fairly basic, but I didn't want to get too complex for GT.

Spoiler:

Also the very rough beginnings of personality traits we could link to the different domains.

Spoiler:

So.... yeah. Thoughts?

Years
    Very dramatic, very dramatic, interesting... seems akin to the LoZ storyline w/ the three Goddesses... I think it could be good! Just perhaps not so much on the whole world about to get rekt, but I like that it's been tied in as an event to commemorate rather than like a whole Team X dominating other teams thing.

Regarding some more traits:

Sky
    Free-spirited
    Chaotic
    Jovial
    Playful
    Capricious
    Energetic
    Adaptable

Sea
    Tempermental
    Dominating
    Calm
    Enigmatic
    Critical
    Intense
    Creative

Earth
    Stubborn
    Steadfast
    Ambitious
    Responsible
    Unwavering
    Pragmatic
    Sensible
    Thoughtful
    Practical

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Very dramatic, very dramatic, interesting... seems akin to the LoZ storyline w/ the three Goddesses... I think it could be good! Just perhaps not so much on the whole world about to get rekt, but I like that it's been tied in as an event to commemorate rather than like a whole Team X dominating other teams thing.

Regarding some more traits:

Sky
    Free-spirited
    Chaotic
    Jovial
    Playful
    Capricious
    Energetic
    Adaptable

Sea
    Tempermental
    Dominating
    Calm
    Enigmatic
    Critical
    Intense
    Creative

Earth
    Stubborn
    Steadfast
    Ambitious
    Responsible
    Unwavering
    Pragmatic

+1 I love it. We can even play a Rayquaze/Kyogre/Groudon mascot too.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    based on what i said on discord, i been thinking about animals/pokemon matching the traits and themes

sky - emolga (flying squirrel, adventurous)
    sea - clamperl/milotic (oyster/sea serpent, enigmatic + calm)
    earth - mudbray/mudsdale (horse, steadfast, responsible)

edit: i like dz's way better now, originally i was trying to match animals that we were talking about but i honestly don't care much about that

Last edited:
    Years
    I was initially against tying it into Pokémon, but actually looking at this it basically has the same feel as the Doctrina stuff, so I think this is good! I can see some suggestions, I'll throw mine into the ring as well.

So if we're basing it on the stuff above, I think I'll suggest the following:

Sky - This is the one I'm most unsure on... primarily because actually attributing a Pokémon to what we'd mentioned earlier seems to be proving difficult. Based on that, I'm unsure on Altaria and am going to submit the following two as a result:

- Salamence
    - Volcarona

Sea - +1 to Milotic, this was actually goint to by my suggestions because it just fits the whole vibre perfectly AND I wanted to see something serpentine in the mix.

Earth - Torterra is an interesting pick, I like it! Based on the idea of being unwavering, responsible, ambitious etc. I was also thinking of the following 'mons for Earth:

- Steelix
    - Nidoqueen
    - Nidoking

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Rivvon — Today at 4:11 PM
    new pokemon snap spoilers
    Spoiler:

idk if there is anything else pertaining to the spoilers that we can sub in if we don't like these choices but i like this idea a lot.

Back