• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Group work!

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
  • No! It's either one or two cases for me if I'm doing group work with other people.

a) I'll mostly do the work myself - This usually happens if I get grouped with people who has also no interest in it, or bad at school work. The latest group work I did, I wrote an entire english essay by myself, and got a pretty good grade in it. I just wrote down the group member's name on it. I know it might seem unfair to me, but it works for me and works for them.

b) I'll depend on people - A total contradiction on the first part right? Yes, if there is even one person smarter than me in my group, and he/she has that leadership quality, I'd probably slack off. I might contribute a thing or two, but nothing more. This also happens when I'm with friends. I depend on them even if I'm the more capable one.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I really fail at group work. I thought that once I started college, I would be able to get away from all that but that turned out to be false. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and if I don't feel like my group members are responsible enough or aren't very hard workers, I honestly just do it all on my own. It's not like they care or anything, because they are getting really good marks without having to do a single thing.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • It reeeally depends on the people. In general, though, I always seem to get dubbed the leader of whatever project it is, and thus my ideas and opinions always get through. The only problem with being the "leader" is that I always get the most work dumped on me. XD Though... That's probably my fault considering I'm always saying things like "Oh, it's fine," or "No really, I'll handle it." I always feel bad if I make someone else do something I'm perfectly capable of doing...

The situation that truly sucks though, is when I'm stuck in a group of people who will absolutely do nothing and I'm left to do it all myself. A teacher once changed my group because he knew that was going to happen to me.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Only if I get to be the boss which always ends up happening. Actually, I prefer working solo, you humans can be so unreliable.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • It depends on my mood to be honest, if i am working with a group of people that i know then i just get on with it but if i dont like the group then i just dont bother to do anything, i can be quite stubborn.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I prefer to work in groups, especially in science or math classes when the material can be a bit difficult for me. Plus, I don't think I would have passed my philosophy class as well as I did if my class didn't meet up before and after to try and figure out wtf my teacher was talking about.

In my business classes it was pretty cool too since the whole thing was about group work and the assignments would have been boring if we were on our own.

yeah, there can be lazy people who suck, but for the most part I enjoy it :)

Back