• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFire's[Inside]

Too. Damn. Smexy.
Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    7/10
    -render should stand-out against the BG here.
    -the C4D at the top-right seems to suggest that the flow goes backwards into the center of the BG, like a wormhole or something. Thats hard thing to pull off, and not working here, and the color doesnt match. =\
    -The text should match the color of the BG better, with a glow of the original text color.
    The sub-text the same, except a bit larger so its more easily read.
    -Put the render in the middle, this time.

Overall, your techniques are a bit wishy-washy, but nice job. :3

Rate plz.

VectorSig-1.png

Made for a request. When the asked for a vector sig, they didn't want one like they're usually made, so I improvised. >>;

Gee, I feel like the only GIMP user here. >>;
    Am I?

-shotshotshot-

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Please do not spam or bypass the 25 character limit ash_110697, if you have something to contribute, at least make it decent.

Last edited:

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Mizt: I just have one thing to say:
    USE MORE TEXTURES AND BRUSHES!!!!!!!!!! |D
    All in all it's still pretty good. ^^

Color me evil: I like the effects on his guitar. But I think it would be a little better if you can lighten his face a little more. xD

But it's really good. Trust me. ;)

Evilcheese: It's very good, nice grungy background. But the text is a little small and kinda has bad quality... But good job. ^^

TheFire's[Inside]: Wow and you used that from GIMP????? o.O That is so good!!!! Great colors and effects that goes along with that "emo" look. ^^

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • like i said on the last one mizt its toooooo empty! and like a hazuki said put some brushes. or even just resizing it would be nice

phantom.gif

please rate

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • well thats good considering its for a website. i remember i made one for a website let me look for it.

in the mean time please rate my sig i used a diffrent style.

Shadez

-
    Years
  • i gave a try at making a sig with a program i have called the GIMP

here it is:
    sig-thingy.jpg

so what do you guys think of it
    and you don't have to spare me because it's my first i can handle it :P

ps: i have 2 questions
    1. i want to add some text to my sig but i'm afraid of ruining it can anybody give me some tips for this
    2. what is a good file type cause i'm using jpg now but i heard from someon that jpg's are very bad

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • well i dont use GIMP. i use photoshop so i cant help you. anyway the banner looks pretty decent just fill it up a little more

Shadez

-
    Years
  • thanks i know i need to fill it up more i forgot to say it's a WIP :D
    thank you and i just noticed that most banner are png so that's solved also

TheFire's[Inside]

Too. Damn. Smexy.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    GIMP, ftw. I use it; just as good as PS for this kind of stuff.

As for text, <link removed>

And use .png

Remember, PwNaGe.

EDIT: Rate again, please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadez

-
    Years
  • here is a new version of my sig
    sig-thingy-1.png

so what do you guys think of it now

also any tips on how to improve it

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • TheFire's[Inside] - I actually like it, it's been a while since I've seen a banner that small, and it's one of the best I've seen with no image in it~ I kinda had to strain a little bit to read the text. It's a little small, but it fits nicely with the banner. All in all, it's pretty good ^^

Hitsugaya - Honestly, I liked it before. The font kind of clashes with the rest of it. Not the actual font, but the color. I like the squigglies you added in there though :D
    Maybe if you found a font color that matched it a little better? And don't shadow it. It throws the flow off because Kon is going > that way and the text is going ^ that way.

---

Awrittie, I have... another one.

lusobanner.png

I'll keep quiet about how I did it though, I have a nasty habit of ranting ><
    It's nice knowing no one knows who's in the banner~

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's really... awesome! :o

The only thing I can find to complain about is how the Celebi text overlaps the Poke Roy text. It's not a huge problem, just something I noticed~ The grass brush looks great, too :D

The Poke Roy part is more like a watermark..so thats not such a big problem..:)
    Thanks..:D

and my avatar..
    celebiavacopy-1.png

Shadez

-
    Years

• Hitsugaya - Honestly, I liked it before. The font kind of clashes with the rest of it. Not the actual font, but the color. I like the squigglies you added in there though :D
    Maybe if you found a font color that matched it a little better? And don't shadow it. It throws the flow off because Kon is going > that way and the text is going ^ that way.

thanks for the comment yeah the shadow was an idea of a frien of mine i didn't really like it too :P
    i'll try and make an new version :P

EDIT: so more something like this
    sig-thingy-2.png

PS: if people are asking themselves why i keep posting here with such small changes
    this is my first sig and i want it to be good so i can make more when there aren't much mistakes/imperfections(or however you want to call it) left in it so i cna get better in making them

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hokay. Last night I made this signature. It's Nova from Bleach (you see him in episode 65). Credit goes to DeviantArt for the grunge brushes. The picture of Nova is from the Nova Club on DeviantArt. I can't get any good text in it, so not only do I want the banner rated, but if you would kindly, could you please find a text that would match with the signature? Or maybe even a tutorial you commonly use that wants to be passed on, please and thank you.

Anyways, here it is.

NovaBanner.png

EDIT: ~Hitsugaya~, it looks like the background was made with just using filters. Try doing some brushing, it makes it look nicer, but so far looks amazing for your first signature. I'd cry if I made that. (Cry in awe... :P)

EDIT2: I forgot I need to add a border to mine...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back