• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mizt; Yeah, you can re-post it if it's on a different page, but not if it's on the same page. ^^; Anyway, it's a definite improvement. I personally don't really like pokemon banners, but regardless, it'd look pretty good if you lowered the opacity on the text, or made it smaller at the very least. But again, you've over-used the dotty/starry brush in the back, so perhaps try to make a few differences. THe texture fits nicely though.

Color Me Evil; I think the colors go fine too. o_o; Well, disregarding the other comments... Like I said earlier, pokemon banners make me cringe. xD But the aside, it's a great banner. I think adding a whole border would ruin the white effect at the bottom, but you could've added a 1pt border at the very top if it was truly nesseccary. I definitely like your Utada banner better than this one, but the text is equally awesome in this banner. ^^ I want your text skills! *fish'd*

evilcheese; Well, it's certainly much better than my first banner. <_<; If my first banner even counts as a banner. xD Regardless, the text is painful. It's good that it's somewhat blended for a first attempt, but I hope that was the first and the last time you ever used anything similar to 'dissolve'. It's a terrible blending mode, in my opinion. :< Also, due to the crazy-obvious-and-un-blended-text, a border would certainly help.

Also, I was thinking of restarting this thread? Just a yay or nay will do. xD

Please don't reply to this question unless you're posting a graphic to be rated, or rating someone else's graphic. Anything otherwise will be considered SPAM.

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @xenocrates - maybe another ten pages before we revise in my opinion.

@mizt - try planet renders they have millions.

just so its not spam

Graphic Rating Thread

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Okay umm, some one called airmoxay[/iglatinpay] forced me, i mean wanted me to do this so umm...
    Graphic Rating Thread

Ish my previous bananer... rate? =DDD

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @azonic - relly nice the grunges and the planet thing really match with palkia it is just plain awsome!

@mizt - dude that was spam. i knew that azonic made banners. he started after i told him were to find photoshop, hes been making banners ever since. i still remember when he use to request from me. he was probably one of the only reason my last banner shop had 9 pages

i have yet another on i forgot the text though

Graphic Rating Thread

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mizt; Yes, that was SPAM. Since this is your second time in this forum, you'll recieve a warning for it. Keep on topic, and if it's truly that hard to stay on topic, read the thread title before posting. <_<

evilcheese; Next time, do me a favor and report the post so that I don't have to hunt for it myself, okay? xD; Thanks.

Anyway, you have lots of major problems in both banners evilcheese, and those include busy backgrounds that take the focus off of anything and everything, text that stands out way too much or is really hard to read, and too much blending.

There's a limit to blending, and if you do it too much, like in your Naruto banner, the render disappears in your busy backgrounds. It's total overkill dude. xD The lighting in the Naruto banner is a good attempt, but it's, "hard to believe". It just doesn't look natural. xD;

Also, your banners are somewhat large. Have you ever considered making them smaller? <_<;; Or varying their sizes? *fish'd*

Anyway, I made a Tsuna - ReBorn! banner, and I was wanting your opinion on which one looks better. Or you could just pick one and comment on that single one, whatever you like. xD

Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

With texture and without texture, respectively.

I'll probably use this theme after I get tired of my Kanda/Lenalee theme, but I'm itching to use it. xDD​

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @xenocrates - thats probably the best advice i ever heard thanks! i like the texture one better because the fire looks better. both of them look really nice anyway. although the border could be a diffrent color.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • @evilcheese- they are nice but on Charizard the text stands out a bit more than it should, making the render somewhat useless. I really like the Naruto one, though,all i can say is that it looks really good without the text. 8.5/10

@xenocrates: I personally like the one of the right, the text is easier to read and simpler. For a cooler effect thought,I'd reccomend the one on the left. 9/10

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • Ohh look at these banners. :3

@evilcheese - I'm reinforcing what Xeno said; too much blending, homeski! Make that stock pop out of the background, not blend in. Build the background around the stock, not build the background then slap the stock on with some setting like soft light.

@Azonic - Much too bright, and the text needs work... Might I suggest lowering the Brightness/Contrast? D:

@Xeno - I like the one with the texture, but I think you'd have a nice banner if you erased the texture over his face in the first one but left it as is over the background.

Mah turnn~

Graphic Rating Thread

A bit plain, but I like it.

And this one, for another member here.

Graphic Rating Thread

Comments prz. :D

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • @color me evil- i don't like the 1st one but that's just me..cool effect but they are too standoutish so..7/10. For the other one,i like how it was put together but...it's missisng something...7/10 again.

@Relyt- i luv the effect! Let alone the awesome render! also text matches so i have no choice but to give 9.5/10 :P

Id like this to get rated..i made it a few mins ago and i tried messing around and i like how it came out...
    Graphic Rating Thread

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I took what was said to me to heart and PUT SOMETHING OVER THE IMAGE.
    I made two versions of this. I thought they both turned out kinda good, considering this is my first time using a custom gradient ><

Graphic Rating Thread

Without the crazy plaid thing

Graphic Rating Thread

And with it~

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Yes. I skipped randomly. xD

@Shika - No, not at all. :p It's just a standard 2 px hard brush. I'll send you the tutorial via PM so ebil peoples don't steal my ways. >.<;
    Oh. Thanks again! And wow unbelievable. Hard brush :)
    Anyway, I made a Tsuna - ReBorn! banner, and I was wanting your opinion on which one looks better. Or you could just pick one and comment on that single one, whatever you like. xD

Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

With texture and without texture, respectively.
    Texture is scanlines I think? Anyway, the non texture one looks better. As the lighting on the stock's face is better and text is clearer to read. Oh! The clear Hand sphere thingie.
    Mah turnn~

Graphic Rating Thread

Comments prz. :D
    I always adore your neon light-ish things. But I think that's not the focal point and it's always looked first. Anything else worked very well though.
    I took what was said to me to heart and PUT SOMETHING OVER THE IMAGE.
    I made two versions of this. I thought they both turned out kinda good, considering this is my first time using a custom gradient ><

Graphic Rating Thread

Without the crazy plaid thing

Graphic Rating Thread

And with it~
    I like the crazy one. (not really crazy but meh.) Because it blends in the banner well more than the simple one. Like gradient affects. And not sure if it is transparent or not. Probably not... because gradient + transparent = Boo. xD

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I'm so sorry. If you are the only one left, it's just unfair of me. I must comment on yours then.

I think you duplicated the render and rippled it. Which is why your banner looks so confusing. And there are red lines on the real render. Text is hard to read too. You should try to make things clear. ^__^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back