• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do u learn any Musical Instruments?

Do u learn any musical instruments?

• No, I don't

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • yes, piano (Grade1~4)

• yes, piano (grade5~diploma)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • yes, violin/viola/cello/double bass (grade1~6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, violin/viola/cello/double bass(grade7/up)

• yes, woodwind (grade1~6)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • yes, woodwind (grade7/up)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • yes, percussion

• yes, brass

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • yes, others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doctor Itsy

I'm back!
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 12, 2004
    I play the trumpet, i'm learning percussion but my counting isn't all that great(i'm having trouble with dotted eigth and quarter notes and coming in on the up beat) and I WANT to learn piano but I don't have one.

Years
  • Yep, I play flute, been playing for, uh, what is it now? Playing since I was 8... 14/15 years. Geeze, I feel old now.

Grade 7/up, yep.

D'oh, forgot to add that I play bass guitar and piccolo too.

Last edited:

PokeTrainerCarol

Yay. I started private classes. I've decided group ones SUCK, and I'm never going to one again. >_> Sooo...I think I better try my best because, I'm good at playing, but I can't read basic stuff but I play songs that are kind of hard XD so yup it's really messed up...I hated havinig to answer
    "First time playing piano?"
    "No."
    "Where did you go to classes before you came here?"
    "Nowhere. I taught myself"
    "So in what in which level do you think you might be?"
    "I don't know"
    x_x but it's alright now...so yay.

I'm happy though, the guy that saw me play said it seems like I have a nice strategy for playing and seem to have talent and if I wanted to stay I should because it would help me lots. BOO YA!

I still want to learn guitar someday...^_^ *now has evil plans to learn how to play a guitar by herself* My parents can. So far I've saved $50 dollars to see if I can buy one myself! XP

PokeTrainerCarol

Hmmm...by the time I got enough money to buy that I'd probably be able to work XD ^_^

Years
  • I started playing the piano at this strict music school when I was 5 until I was 10 while I was in year 5, then I persuaded my parents to let me quit although I never passed year 5 :'( ...like I care :laugh:

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    Does the recorder count?

*sigh* I've played piano for a little more than six years, and am grade three. Yes, I started lessons late and I'm not very talented, and most of that time I forced myself to play. Piano just doesn't "sing" to me. I've always wanted to try a wind instrument instead of piano, though I don't know which one. If I could pick something, then maybe I could convince the folks to trade in the piano....*more sighing*

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Chaeran said:
    Does the recorder count?

*sigh* I've played piano for a little more than six years, and am grade three. Yes, I started lessons late and I'm not very talented, and most of that time I forced myself to play. Piano just doesn't "sing" to me. I've always wanted to try a wind instrument instead of piano, though I don't know which one. If I could pick something, then maybe I could convince the folks to trade in the piano....*more sighing*
    Wind instrument? I love to learn one too. I know how to play the piano, recorder, guzheng (zither) basics (but a bit rusty by now ^^;; ), erhu (a chinese bow instrument). Wish I could get a chance to play the dizi (chinese wind instrument) too, coz I have confidence to learn a new instrument and I probably have enough breathe to be able to blow it (maybe).
    I love the Grade 7 pieces this year :D

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    ^__^ I'd love to see what a erhu and a dizi look like! Do you have a picture? There's a wind instrument with an Arabian sound to it...though I can't recall the name. I'd like to try it, or maybe some other one.

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Chaeran said:
    ^__^ I'd love to see what a erhu and a dizi look like! Do you have a picture? There's a wind instrument with an Arabian sound to it...though I can't recall the name. I'd like to try it, or maybe some other one.
    Well I found these. The one with the bow is the erhu, and the dizi is the woodwind instrument that is a flute.

Here's the link to where I found them.
    http://www.sco.com.sg/english/co/co.html
    They have some clips to how they sound like when they are played.

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    Oh wow...thank you!! I'll have to listen to the sounds with a compy that actually has a speaker *glares at computer*

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I play the Saxophone.. For 3 years now, too bad I got banned from band.. >.<;;

I mean, honestly! What does hating the teacher got me kicked out of band?! All I did was write on the wall, "Mr. Gonzales is a MFing MFer"

*gets killed by saxophones*

~CaRtOON

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • shiny_jiggly said:
    Wind instrument? I love to learn one too. I know how to play the piano, recorder, guzheng (zither) basics (but a bit rusty by now ^^;; ), erhu (a chinese bow instrument). Wish I could get a chance to play the dizi (chinese wind instrument) too, coz I have confidence to learn a new instrument and I probably have enough breathe to be able to blow it (maybe).
    I love the Grade 7 pieces this year :D
    Interesting!
    Many of my friends know how to play Guzheng too.

Among all these Chinese instruments, which do you think is the easiest?

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
  • shiny_jiggly said:
    Well I found these. The one with the bow is the erhu, and the dizi is the woodwind instrument that is a flute.

Here's the link to where I found them.
    http://www.sco.com.sg/english/co/co.html
    They have some clips to how they sound like when they are played.

sweet! arigato gozaimasu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Back