• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ehhhh.... Kinda Agree, kinda Disagree.
    Painful & difficult experiences sure can help you become stronger, be it mentally or physically, but it's by no means a guarantee.

DLC is generally overpriced for the content it provides.

Jeez, reading this take gave me an aneurysm. I love how the only correct thing you said was typed in the smallest possible writing, too. Really completes the ridiculousness.😬

A) Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it incorrect. Pretty closed minded of you.

B) Idk what you're talking about. Everything there was correct:
    -All the things mentioned there have people that are addicted to them. Addiction is by no means limited to (chemical) substances.
    -There are plenty of people who drink or smoke in moderation. I don't have first hand experience with people who take drugs, but I see no reason why that wouldn't be possible.
    -You specify no quantity, so even taking a single beer a week would already make someone a loser. Which is an immediate hard Disagree.
    -There is no universal definition of what makes someone a loser anyway. It varies between countries and cultures, ideologies etc.

@ below: I'm not even gonna bother replying to that. You're just stating your own opinions as if they were facts, acting like anything that disagrees with it is illogical or a fallacy.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • No, it actually logically made zero sense. You used logical fallacies in order to make your counterpoints.

-You conflate addiction to substances with overindulgence in a hobby or pastime in order to make the former appear less pathetic and destructive for the individual indulging in it. Also, your straw man argument that addiction to other things is also a thing does not negate the fact that addiction to the things I mentioned is bad. To reply to the point you made earlier, yes, I also think people who are "addicted" to gaming, working out, eating, shopping, etc are losers by definition. Anyone who allows themselves to be governed by their passions, whatever those are, is a loser imo.
    - Here you just show complete ignorance, be it willful or due to lack of education. Even "in moderation", alcohol and nicotine consumption is extremely harmful to your organs and can lead to serious health issues and premature death. There's a reason this poison comes printed with warning labels from the Surgeon General. As for drugs, I'm not even gonna bother stating why what you said is silly. It should be obvious to anyone with common sense. If not, go visit a drug rehab facility and ask around.
    -Yes, quantity is irrelevant. If you willingly indulge in things that you know are harmful to you and those around you, you are simply a loser. If you disagree with that, I can't help but think you belong in this category yourself.
    -No, it's pretty universal that being an addict makes someone a loser. You're not likely to find any civilized society that thinks highly of such behaviors.

I understand that a thread based on people sharing their agreements and disagreements can be controversial depending on the topic, but please, try to keep the conversations respectful. What makes a person a "loser" is 100% subjective. Just because you believe that someone is a loser doesn't mean other people are going to share your opinion. There is no need to attack people, claiming that they're ignorant, lacking common sense, or education simply because you disagree with them.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Did you even read my response? What I said is factual, not a matter of opinion. I debunked his nonsensical arguments, point for point, using logic and sense. Unless you're also willing to argue that addicts are not losers, which goes against pretty much every society on planet Earth. In that case, make your argument and I hope it's more convincing than that other guy's. Otherwise, you're really not saying much by making such comments. Not every opinion is valid and all opinions are open to criticism, unless you're willing to censor this debate.

I'm not here to do any debate with you. I'm not interested in the topic. I'm also not here to censor any debates, nor am I saying that all opinions are not open to criticism. I, of all people, have no issues with opinions being criticized, but that's neither here nor there. However, being disrespectful is against the rules of the forum. When you tell people that they lack common sense, education, are ignorant, and imply that they are losers during a debate because they don't agree with a viewpoint of yours, you're being disrespectful. Going forward, all I'm asking from you is to keep it respectful whenever you disagree with somebody. What makes a person a "loser" is a subjective insult that has no basis in objectivity or fact. A person can literally be called a "loser" for anything. Because of that, people are likely to disagree with your view of what makes someone a loser. Again, if they do, that's fine, and if you choose to respond to them, again, that's fine too. However, when you respond to them, do so respectfully without attacking their character. That way, we can have healthy discussions and disagreements all while keeping PokéCommunity a friendly place.

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'll just skip the controversial posts and reply to the other counterpart of ReCooler!

DLC is generally overpriced for the content it provides.
    There are examples of really good DLCs (Skyrim, Dark Souls, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3 ; any DLC that gives you, say, 5 hours of new quests and stories), but I remember Capcom having the habits of selling a reskin of characters for 10€, or Europa Universalis 4 whose DLCs cost a total of 445€...
    I also remember... was it Assassin's Creed? that had a DLC which was just like a code or a password for a content that was already in the game? And another Assassin's Creed which just cut some content of the main game to release it as a DLC?
    They found a way to make easy money so of course they're gonna test the limits and abuse it.
    Agree even if there are good DLCs.

Seriously though... they are all addicting things. If getting addicted to something that's addicting makes you a loser than you might as well call everyone who's addicted to gaming one as well. Or people addicted to working out... eating food.... buying clothes... online shopping... etc. etc.
    Some are addicted to LoL and coconut water... No, not me, I know what I'm doing, I can quit whenever I want...

It's becoming harder to invent new Pokémons.

Years
  • friendly reminder that this is merely a game and it's ok to disagree with things that may be mentioned in here and just move onto the next subject. there is no need to attack or lash out at other users who may disagree with you on something, simply because you didn't agree with their assessment. any further continuance of the discussion at hand will result in warnings and infractions.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It's becoming harder to invent new Pokémons.

I would say so! Currently 1,008 Pokémon exist now and most of them tend to be based on most animals we are aware of. Developers have to get really creative and think hard if they want to continue making Pokémon now. That's why I believe that instead of Game Freak developing new Pokémon every single generation, Game Freak should start making new games in old locations that aren't remakes, similar to how the Grand Theft Auto universe makes new games in Vice City, Liberty City, and San Andreas with different stories and characters. That way, we can get to see old locations with updated graphics and see how those areas changed over time.

Restaurant servers should be paid a lot more for their work instead of being forced to work for tips.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Tips are a scam that allows the people who own that business to exploit workers while also pinning the blame on those. Agree.

Dolls are cuter than Teddy Bears!
    Seriously though... they are all addicting things. If getting addicted to something that's addicting makes you a loser than you might as well call everyone who's addicted to gaming one as well. Or people addicted to working out... eating food.... buying clothes... online shopping... etc. etc.
    You forgot the worst drug of them all: sugar (and to a degree salt). There actually have been experiments where rats addicted to hard drugs where given a choice between more of those and sugary stuff. They vastly preferred the sugary stuff.

Given that the food industry pumps tons of sugar into basically everything these days it kinda makes you wonder what you actually put into your body... <_<

Years
  • You probably can... I don't see why being stylish would be restricted by the budget spent on it. Agreed, a lot of the expensive brands just have you pay for the brand name anyway.
    Idc about being stylish and wouldn't know though lol

Ice cream tastes best during hot weather.

XVanitasX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    Disagree. The claim that the taste of ice cream changes depending on the weather is fallacious.

Pineapple on pizza is disgusting.

XVanitasX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    Disagree. It certainly smells better than the breath of a smoker/drinker, so it can't be that bad.

Honesty is superior to loyalty.

Years
  • A reminder to please use this thread appropriately and to use the Report function if you find someone's posts inappropriate for whatever reason.

That said, if the general hostility in this thread continues then it will simply be closed.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Tbh. I'll close it down for the time being. Let things cool off. Maybe I'll open it later on. We'll see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back